Panini FIFA 365 3rd Season Sticker Collection 2017/18

Caniggia

Contributor
Thanks to Panini Suisse, at Lugano Comis Expo is distributed for free the album of Fifa365 2018.. in advance! Yes because album will be out in Suisse only in mid of october (same in Italy), so for this nice event Panini printed 500 copies of album before the official date. 9 stickers for free are inside album

here the images of cover ;)

fifa1.jpg fifa2.jpg fifa3.jpg

Sergio Z

So there might be three extra teams for Latin America :rolleyes:

Peruvian teams will not be included this time, for sure. Panini still cannot find a new distributor, so it might make no sense to publish those stickers.
I bet those teams come from Argentina, Brasil, Colombia or Costa Rica.

D8ct9r

I bought my first two FIFA 365 2018 boxes today (East European Edition with Partizan, Crvena Zvezda and Maribor).

I opened one box for now and would like to share the results, as you might be interested.
So opened 50 packs and I got:
  • 250 different stickers… That's right not a single double (that was not the case for me when I opened FIFA 365 2016 or 2017).
  • I got 31 stickers which I would consider shinny stickers.
    • You probably already know that you get 1 larger and 4 smaller stickers per pack. Large stickers (in addition to some shinnies) also include stickers like FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup Jordan 2018, FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup Papua New Guinea 2018, FIFA Club World Cup Japan 2016 (and others), which are not shiny just larger in size. Large stickers are of equal size as stickers from first FIFA 365 2016 edition, while the smaller stickers are the same size as the stickers from FIFA 365 2017.
Intro stickers and Football Sticker Art section is especially well made in my opinion. First two stickers are not “golden” anymore, but are made from a material that feels like some kind of fabric. Art stickers (spoilers it’s Messi and Ronaldo) are made from similar material. Trophies and (for example) Panini logo stickers look like 3D images or some kind of holograms.

Some photos are attached below:
FIFA 365 2018 Intro.jpg FIFA 365 2018 Stickers.jpg
All in all I think this is the best FIFA 365 collection as of yet. I like the design and the quality of stickers, also I like the selection of teams. I will make a more thorough review for my blog once I have more time.

The biggest surprise was hands down the fact that there were no doubles in the first box, now it will be interested to see how the second box will measure up.

SubZero

image.jpg
50 packs box for France, UK, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Turkey, Belgium, Russia, Belarus, Malta

D8ct9r

I opened the second box and there is a good news and a bad news :D

Bad news is that now I got swaps :) Good news is that in the second box there were also 249 different stickers when looking just at that one box (so just one double). It's still a small sample of two boxes but it seems like within one box one can expect almost all stickers to be different (not the case – at least for me – in the past two FIFA 365 collections).

Over two boxes or 500 stickers I got 371 different stickers (74.2%), which is similar, but a bit better (again small sample size of 2 or 3 boxes of each of 3 collections), compared to the past FIFA 365 editions.

I didn't manage to complete any of the teams included (came close with Chelsea FC with only 2 missing stickers).

About 3 Extra teams (S1-S60)… I did get 38 out of 60 stickers and some swaps (again a small sample size, but it looks as they will be rarer than the other stickers, when taking into account doubles). All in all I'm happy with the distribution of stickers, but out of the big three I only got CR7 :p
FIFA 365 2018 Extra Teams.jpg

I wasn't sure if I should edit the previous post or make a new one, but then decided to make a second post. Mods can merge if necessary.

Sergio Z

Excluding the packet and the cover design, this is by far one of the most beautiful Panini albums ever made :)

Vedran

It is out in Bosnia and Herzegovina from today. We got the international version. The album with Maribor, C.Zvezda and Partizan is out in Slovenia and will be out in Serbia this Friday

Attachments

gaspy

For sure there are:
- 1 team from South Africa: Mamelodi Sundowns Football Club, stickers #529-533
- 1 team from South Korea: Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors Football Club, stickers #524-528
- 1 team from Japan: Kashima Antlers, stickers #509-513
- 1 team from Australia: Auckland City FC, stickers #534-538

Last edited:

Helios

Contributor
No teams from Africa and Asia. Looks like another bunch of editions with extra teams like in year 1.
I don't think so. Also in edition 1 there were no extra team issues for Africa/Asia.

Probably only 3 teams will be added in South America version replacing Schalke/Inter/Milan (E1-E 60 stickers)

Excluding the packet and the cover design, this is by far one of the most beautiful Panini albums ever made :)
Really?- I'm not totally convinced yet from what I've seen so far.
People know I am not easy to please :D
A lot of missed possibilities come to my mind regarding to lay out( the city skylines :rolleyes:), the golden player-->what a great chance for a 'cut-out' sticker (face only or face + upper body), no team photo..(not that I miss the celebration photos;)), the badges look odd.
No detailed player statistics on the sticker or besides..?!
No detailed stats about the tournaments results..?!
Far too less shiny stickers in my opinion-->at least in 'milestones' section I was expecting some..

Last edited by a moderator:

D8ct9r

A lot of missed possibilities come to my mind regarding to lay out( the city skylines :rolleyes:), the golden player-->what a great chance for a 'cut-out' sticker (face only or face + upper body), no team photo..(not that I miss the celebration photos;)), the badges look odd.
No detailed player statistics on the sticker or besides..?!
No detailed stats about the tournaments results..?!
Far too less shiny stickers in my opinion-->at least in 'milestones' section I was expecting some..
For me personally this is also one of the most beautiful Panini collections ever made, but to be fair I'm fairly new to this with original FIFA 365 being my first collection.

I like some of your suggestions, I’m a stats guy and would love to see more statistics (about players – market value would be awesome - and tournaments), but to be fair that is not what most people look for in a Panini album (the main audience are still kids). Including such things as stats would not bring new collectors to the hobby – Panini promotes a new sticker collection not a statistical season overview... For now… I think that Panini will move more into direction that you are describing in the future if kids will become less interested, because then the cost to complete the collection will not be the main issue (older collectors are employed and they will pay for a quality product – including such things as a cut out stickers, etc). Right now I still think that the magic number for a collection in terms of costs for a collector is EUR 100 (for East Europe, Asia and South America) and about EUR 150 for USA or West Europe and we are somewhere around there now (it will cost about EUR 100 to complete FIFA 365 2018 East Europe Edition) and Panini is still balancing that tradeoff – Cost of collection for the collector and cost to make a collection (for Panini).

If sales (continue to) decline I think Panini will move more into direction of catering the “higher end” collectors who are prepared to spend more and that will make it possible for Panini to include more stuff and still keep the bottom-line intact. Basically they will move more towards cards and away from stickers – also in terms of prices, which will then be higher than now. Obviously I’m not employed by Panini so I’m just speculating, but from a business perspective I think that this would make sense for them.

I still think that Panini managed to make a collection that is different enough compared to the previous ones to keep the public interested (if it was up to me I would throw out Messi and Ronaldo and all other so called stars, because we see them every year, but then I would probably be the only one to buy such an album).There are kits included for the first time, large and small stickers, they made fabric stickers, etc.

We will probably be much more disappointed with Panini FIFA World Cup 2018 next year, because that collection sells itself and Panini doesn’t have to even try to sell it – whatever they will do, it will sell and they know that.

Because of that I’m very happy when they make improvements and FIFA 365 2018 is in my opinion an improvement compared to the previous two. Is it perfect? NO, but there is no perfect album.

Helios

Contributor
For me personally this is also one of the most beautiful Panini collections ever made, but to be fair I'm fairly new to this with original FIFA 365 being my first collection.

Because of that I’m very happy when they make improvements and FIFA 365 2018 is in my opinion an improvement compared to the previous two. Is it perfect? NO, but there is no perfect album.
I totally agree with most of your assumptions- the future is cards! Possibilities are endless and there is a market already for expensive high class products.

Just look at the effort Panini does every year with Calciatori album - they could use more of these special stickers (fabric, cut-out, shiny..) for Fifa 365.
Probably you are right and it's a simple cost accounting.

1st edition was a milestone.
2nd edition was a bit too much of everything and took the star player cult too far..
3rd edition suffers a bit from uninteresting tournaments( no accusation to Panini) and overall design is debatable.

World Cup 2018 as you mentioned will sell like Euro 16 without any efforts. I have some claims like stadium/cities/history stickers and the return of normal team photo.Also the badge with the team not in a separate group intro section..

Regards