Panini Euros update stickers discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danju

Patron
its the same with Champions League stickers 2008, brasil version had more shiny and thicker stickers.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Basically, the Euro 2008 stickers from Brazil are from the same material Panini uses now for many league collections... Even CL collections had these in the last two seasons (portuguese league too)... To me, it's better this way, paper is more high quality and less prone to small damages, such as worn edges.

Sadly, the most important collection in the world for Panini still gets the same old paper... It's like, the more important the competition is, the less quality it has... They will sell it anyway, right?

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
I don't know about Euro 2012, but about Euro 2008 i have both versions (International and Brazilian) and regular stickers are a bit different quality. Brazilian stickers are more shinny than International. Shinny stickers are the same quality.
View attachment 1826 View attachment 1827
Is the brazilian edition the same that the so called "south american glossy edition" with green packets ? I'm a bit confused.
I have the brazilian extra stickers (Adidas balls) and it is true they are very glossy.

Sergio Z

I always thought Brasil supplied every south american country, but I guess Brasil-Argentina rivalry is even into Panini production :p I suppose Argentina also supplies other countries, like Brazil does... No? @Sergio Z you're peruvian, so which version did you get in Euro 2012?
Damn, Sorry for such a late answer. I don't know why I didn't see this before :(

@dantzig for Euro 2012, we got the Brazilian edition, the one with the picture @Makhno posted earlier with exactly the same kind of glitter on the shiny stickers. The packets were with golden borders and purple in the background. Now I see this version was released in other South American countries, except for Argentina, I think.

Same as Euro 2008, the first Euro collection released here was brought from Brazil.
They're shiny and glossy stickers, indeed, but I must say, International stickers made in Italy have got a better print quality. I've got both kind of stickers from Euro 2008, too. :)

By the way, Makhno, the Euro 2008 packets released in Peru were green, and they didn't came in boxes, but in packs (or bags), each containing 25 packets. Although, I have no idea about those special stickers you mentioned. :(

UPDATE: I've just noticed the Euro 2012's album in @Makhno's picture has got a really soft cover, made of a thin paper that can be easily bent (like the ones used for magazines' covers). The album released in Peru has got a cardboard cover, more resistant than the other one. That kind of "very soft cover" was used for 2010 WC and Euro 2008 albums.

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Damn, Sorry for such a late answer. I don't know why I didn't see this before :(

@dantzig for Euro 2012, we got the Brazilian edition, the one with the picture @Makhno posted earlier with exactly the same kind of glitter on the shiny stickers. The packets were with golden borders and purple in the background. Now I see this version was released in other South American countries, except for Argentina, I think.

Same as Euro 2008, the first Euro collection released here was brought from Brazil.
They're shiny and glossy stickers, indeed, but I must say, International stickers made in Italy have got a better print quality. I've got both kind of stickers from Euro 2008, too. :)
Argentina is alone then... Why? I was joking about the rivalry between Brazil and Argentina, but maybe it's true :|

I have also 3 stickers from Brazil edition and even though they have that glossy and more thick paper, quality is not so good as it is now... Too dark and it seems less detailed than international edition.

But this made me want to do a brazilian edition by scratch ahah... On ebay, I know WC 2010 has tons of those south american packets... Is it the same for Euro 2008? Need to check it out.

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
Well... It's time to split these infos in their proper topics (Euro 2008, 2012 ,WC 2010) to clarify this mess. It's getting a bit confused to me : brazilian, soft, shiny, spotted, glossy, argentinian, thick, thin, darker.... o_O

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well... It's time to split these infos in their proper topics (Euro 2008, 2012 ,WC 2010) to clarify this mess. It's getting a bit confused to me : brazilian, soft, shiny, spotted, glossy, argentinian, thick, thin, darker.... o_O
* points shamelessly to stickersCat * Blame him, he's the one who began comparing Euro 2008 with Euro 2012 brazilian edition.

I don't see how can I move posts, almost all posts have Euro 2008 and Euro 2012 info intertwined... And we still don't have a Euro 2008 thread... It seems to me you're the perfect candidate to start a thread with lots of info ;)

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
It seems to me you're the perfect candidate to start a thread with lots of info ;)
I must have kept my mouth shut :p Well... I will.
But may I suggest you to add something like "Review" after the thread titles that really start by a review that can be updated (like Euro 80and Euro 84) ?
So we can have a thread named for example "Panini Euro 2012" for comments and so on and a thread "Panini Euro 2012 Review" which at least start by a review updated each time it is necessary.

Last edited:

stickersCat

Patron
* points shamelessly to stickersCat * Blame him, he's the one who began comparing Euro 2008 with Euro 2012 brazilian edition.

I don't see how can I move posts, almost all posts have Euro 2008 and Euro 2012 info intertwined... And we still don't have a Euro 2008 thread... It seems to me you're the perfect candidate to start a thread with lots of info ;)
Me?o_O
We can start to compare covers or packets (number codes on top or not...)? What do you think Brazilian collectors, especially first Panini albums. Your albums were like magazines!!! Like Makhno i will shut my mouth...
Dantzig, anything can i help tell me... I am on holiday man!:D:cool:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I must have kept my mouth shut :p Well... I will.
But may I suggest you to add something like "Review" after the thread titles that really start by a review that can be updated (like Euro 80and Euro 84) ?
So we can have a thread named for example "Panini Euro 2012" for comments and so on and a thread "Panini Euro 2012 Review" which at least start by a review updated each time it is necessary.
Oh, so now you're offering to do more work then? Both Euro 2008 AND Euro 2012 reviews? You're such a nice guy :D

That's why I asked you to do a Euro 2008 thread, because you can do a review in your first post, similar to Euro 80 and Euro 84, and then comments can be either way, sharing more info to your post or just talking about the collection, experiences, etc... Basically, a first good post is essential.

About this thread, it all started with Caniggia asking a question, but that first post can easily be updated by me or Pavle with the necessary review content (obviously, credits will be added)... Would be nice to create a new thread and then merge all posts with it, but since posts are ordered by date/time, that first post would be the last, I think... Only if @Pavle can change a post timestamp in database, but maybe it's risky.

Me?o_O
We can start to compare covers or packets (number codes on top or not...)? What do you think Brazilian collectors, especially first Panini albums. Your albums were like magazines!!! Like Makhno i will shut my mouth...
Dantzig, anything can i help tell me... I am on holiday man!:D:cool:
Well, if you insist... Then you do it too! :D Team up with Makhno or decide which of you are available to create a good thread for Euro 2008 and Euro 2012... I'm sure it'll be a very nice work, seeing what you did in some other threads :)

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It would be great to add more info to a collecting as Carlos suggested.
The easiest way is to open another thread and add info, so that we can later merge posts into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.