Panini Euro 2020

Marko005

I've somewhere read that Topps have the rights for the 2024 Euro? Can anyone confirm this? If so, these are terrible news, they're gonna ruin what's already ruined...

jonasnix

I've somewhere read that Topps have the rights for the 2024 Euro? Can anyone confirm this? If so, these are terrible news, they're gonna ruin what's already ruined...

DecjeNovineFan

they lose rights for euro 2024 and 2028 as i hear , i hope they will lose for WC too Topps work on that, also i hear that Panini as firm is for sell too, the end is comming

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
For that Topps matter, all of you please reply in that topic... let's keep discussing here just Euro 2020 sticker album.

jonasnix

I managed to complete the orange album (678 stickers) with a box of 140 packets. Actually, I completed it with 2 packets to spare.

Sadly, the quality of the stickers is not as good as the recent Premier League albums. I'm not talking about the design (but I'm not too happy about that either), but the actual print/production quality. A few stickers already had bent corners before I opened the packet, some had damaged edges, some stickers had wrinkles towards the center of the sticker, some stickers are significantly more matte than others, and a lot of the stickers had smudges from the printing (especially visible with the grey background on the player photos).

sajkovac

For EURO 96 Panini didn't have full license. License was kind a split between Panini and Merlin (now Topps).
Panini have rights for NT badges and jerseys only. There were no mascot, logo or trophy in album.
But it was very good album without those things.
Plenty history stickers, stadiums, host towns.
On the other hand Merlin (now Topps) have other part of license.
There were mascot, logo trophy, but instead badges (Panini had them) there were flags.
Also players were without jerseys, because also Panini had license for that.
Nevermind all those things, that was one of the truly best football albums.
Also from EURO 96 Panini dind't have license for ENG badge and jerseys for a long time.

P.S. There were two Merlin editions for EURO 96.
First with only head of the players and with some stickers in action but with photoshoped badges.
And second, which we had, with all players in action but with regular badges.
That second edition was withdrawn from the market, because of the license, but we had it already :D

byoplayer

Worst album ever from a Euro/ World cup:
1- Horizontal stickers, I hate them, but I can take it
2- The in action players only means, spend more money and at least in my box I'm having 2-3 in each pack. I will probably have doubles for five collections, but I can take it
3 - quality...bufff (I almost wish to have a Topps album), but one again I can take it
4 - However, the thing that I can not take is the fact that the stickers don't have the team in which each player is playing. It s a simple thing, but it make a lot of difference. At least for kids or just for information. My kid is asking me every single player for its team. I know a lot, but not all, and i have to go to google to get it. ridiculous. That simple information was one of the things that gave me illusion in my first album in 94.

I hope the director of Panini that approved this album gets fired for life and the designer downgraded to some sh*t position in the company. i don't understand how they approve a collection so awful

Jimmy1975

I don't think that the album is so bad after all, Panini have made worse albums during the years in my opinion.

But I totally agree to some of your thoughts:
- The team of the players... how could they forget about this? Or why do you think its removed? Lazyness? Who cares about weight and height?
- The action stickers have no meaning, the 11 players from the lineups is far from reality. For example the Swedis lineup only have 3 defenders...
- The celebration pages with 4 stickers could have been removed. I rather want a team photo of each team, but that should be at the same page as the players.
- To many pages with commercials or other irrelevant stuff

And some good things:
- The numbering of the stickers is back to normal, thanks for that :)
- Quality of the hardcover albums (blue and orange) is the best so far
- I like the horizontal stickers, its my first album with those kind of stickers, so in my point of view I like that is something different than normal.

And some improvements:
- Stadium and cities should have a place in every album I think
- Manages should also have a place in the albums, like in 1988
- From 1988 I also want to take back the page with the refs

In Spain, the magazine 'Jugón 169' went on sale today. As I mentioned in the previous post, it comes with the gift album and three packs of stickers. As usual, these packs come with the 'Sobre gratuito' on the front and 'Sobre gratuito, prohibida su venta' in the space where the barcode should appear. The album also has the text `` Ejemplar gratuito. Prohibida su venta¨ in the space where the barcode should appear, as well as a black stripe crossing out the price of the album. Some photos...

Attachments

Djolemk88

Guys does someone knows when the Polish album will be released ? I see on their webpage there is possibility to buy it online from their Italian storage, but you need to wait 15working days to arrive.

Czy ktoś wie, kiedy kolekcja będzie dostępna in Poland? Panini Poland is not customer friendly. They don't want to give the date. He claims it is proprietary
They have it online only for now, but you need to wait 15 working days for delivery :( if you see it in Empik inform me :)

Iulian

Just got the album and stickers today, and I am more than disappointed about it. I find it difficult to find any good things about it.

First off, the quality of the stickers is abysmal. They are small and flimsy, and light years away from the quality of national league stickers like those from La Liga Este.

Secondly, I hate that all players have the same grey and soulless background. I love previous collections where most teams had different backgrounds. Some had a training ground in the back, which looked lively and cool. Also, I miss those pictures taken while the players were singing their respective national anthems. They looked natural and easy to relate to. These ones are like passport photos all photoshopped and boring.

Thirdly, similar to what other collectors complain about, I am annoyed that players don't have their respective clubs mentioned at all. Imagine twenty years from now, when you review this album, you won't even remember where most players were active during the tournament. Also, who cares about the weight? That value is highly volatile. Does anyone look at their albums like "Oh, Busquets was 82kg in 2018, but 84kg in 2020, seems like he's been eating more paella lately."

Lastly, the lack of history or special stickers is just disappointing. There is nothing to look forward to but shiny badges when opening a pack, which are not that great after all. Also, the celebration stickers replacing the traditional team ones is just an insult. In most of them, you can barely recognize 2-3 players.

I know that there are plenty of rants about this album here, and probably more to come, but I needed to express my disappointment somewhere. Also, after seeing several "influencers" on Instagram saying that this is a fantastic album and one of the best ever from Panini. Obviously, they are bs-ing or have started collecting last week.

In the end, I changed my mind on Topps getting the 2024 and 2028 licenses. I find it hard for anyone to come up with a worse collection than this one. Panini have just touched rock bottom.

Anmarvel

They have it online only for now, but you need to wait 15 working days for delivery :( if you see it in Empik inform me :)
Na stronie internetowej Empika jest tylko dostępny Adrenalyn XL
On the Empik website is only available Adrenalyn XL

Jimmy1975

I have now opened a box of 100 packets and from that I can say that the badges are not so rare in this collection.
I have always wonder if its true that badges are such rare as we collector think. Of course they are more rare if you compare to stickers with players since there is much more stickers with players than badges.

Anyway, my thought was if I count badges vs sticker of last player for each team, then I will get a more fair comparison.

From my 100 packets I got 20 badges of 24 possible and only 17 stickers of the last player of each team.

What do you think of that comparison?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have now opened a box of 100 packets and from that I can say that the badges are not so rare in this collection.
I have always wonder if its true that badges are such rare as we collector think. Of course they are more rare if you compare to stickers with players since there is much more stickers with players than badges.

Anyway, my thought was if I count badges vs sticker of last player for each team, then I will get a more fair comparison.

From my 100 packets I got 20 badges of 24 possible and only 17 stickers of the last player of each team.

What do you think of that comparison?
Why not compare with the first player of each team? Or the tenth? :p

Jokes aside, that's not how you compare. You should make a percentage of both normal and shiny stickers. If that percentage is similar in both types, then yes, it's true shinies are not rare.

Keep in mind that this varies from collection to collection... we all know how tough it was to complete shinies in sets like Euro 2016 and 2018 World Cup... in this case, shinies are not rare and a big proof is that you can complete the set with the 140 box (700 stickers) and still leave two packs unopened.

Jimmy1975

Why not compare with the first player of each team? Or the tenth? :p

Jokes aside, that's not how you compare. You should make a percentage of both normal and shiny stickers. If that percentage is similar in both types, then yes, it's true shinies are not rare.

Keep in mind that this varies from collection to collection... we all know how tough it was to complete shinies in sets like Euro 2016 and 2018 World Cup... in this case, shinies are not rare and a big proof is that you can complete the set with the 140 box (700 stickers) and still leave two packs unopened.
True... I have to do a more exactly comparison... Don't have time for that now since I have a lot of packets to open :)

And yes, I'm aware that some years the badges must have been produced in smaller quantities, but my thoughts is also that the high values of the badges can in some ways have been made up by us as collectors. In the same way as the rookie situation right now.

WC 1998 was awful when it comes to badges...