Panini Euro 2016

Will you collect Panini EURO 2016 stickers?

• Yes

Votes: 242 92.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • I will collect cards, not stickers.

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters

LFC1892

Contributor
Panini trying to drum up sales with these figures.

They thinking more kids will buy the stickers if they can get a figure of Ronaldo or Pogba for example.

Smart marketing ploy that.

gaspy

They thinking more kids will buy the stickers if they can get a figure of Ronaldo or Pogba for example.

Last weekend the Panini Tour landed in my town, I went to Panini stand of course, and I was among the 'youngest' people there (I'm 48).
Looks like kids are much less interested to sticker collections than when we were young :(

Caniggia

Contributor

yes but there aren't many top player like Cristiano Ronaldo, Pogba or Buffon.. for example :)

LFC1892

Contributor
Last weekend the Panini Tour landed in my town, I went to Panini stand of course, and I was among the 'youngest' people there (I'm 48).
Looks like kids are much less interested to sticker collections than when we were young :(
That's very sad. Kids now care more about having ipad & iPhone. Life has changed since our days. We had no hand held video games and no PS3 or Xbox. At least we still have good eye sight. :D

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Here it's still a "kids" hobby, but with all tech thingies these days, it's normal there's less kids and more adults.

I'm going to leave my guess about the album or better yet, two guesses... First one:
  • 25 stickers per team: badge, 4-team puzzle, 20 players (off with mascot and in-action) - 600 stickers here;
  • 20 stadium stickers (2 per stadium), also 20 for cities (2 per city);
  • 14 stickers for all Euro champions (from 1960 to 2012);
  • Other 16 for trophy, mascot, logo, PSS and some more (useless) stuff that Panini usually add;
Second version:
  • 26 stickers per team: badge, mascot, 20 players (no in-action) - 624 stickers here;
  • 20 stadium stickers (2 per stadium), 10 for cities (1 per city);
  • 14 stickers for all Euro champions (from 1960 to 2012);
  • Other 12 for trophy, mascot, logo, PSS and some more (useless) stuff that Panini usually add;
I don't think we'll have any in-action sticker here, don't know why... Or maybe we have, but one per team only and a star player shiny, like FIFA 365 or some CL collections.

Caniggia

Contributor
for me the main important thing is "how will be update stickers?" ... in general I love if album will be similar with other editions, it has to be :)

Croat19

What is with England this time? Will they be licensed? I hope we'll have as many as possible city and stadium stickers...and also im curious which players are gonna be there,for example will Vardy be in album as Hodgson already said Vardy will be in France.. and most important thing,which kits will Croatia have? In world cup albums we have checkered kits and in euro albums blue ones.

Manfred

Yes, Panini have the rights. Panini already issued an (all) England set (and 3 others: Wales, Ireland and Northern Ireland)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
for me the main important thing is "how will be update stickers?" ... in general I love if album will be similar with other editions, it has to be :)
You sure there will be updates? Even though 2008 had some, 2012 didn't have any.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
you're wrong.. we had Italy and France :)
Damn, I forgot those... Still, just two countries and Euro never had an update pack like World Cup.

One thing I can assure: Portugal won't have the update sheet like in WC 2014, we don't have Panini magazine anymore.

Caniggia

Contributor
Damn, I forgot those... Still, just two countries and Euro never had an update pack like World Cup.

One thing I can assure: Portugal won't have the update sheet like in WC 2014, we don't have Panini magazine anymore.
In Italy the same, "Calciatori Mag" is gone, but updates are given with newspaper so I'm quiet sure we will have again also for Euro 2016

JamieLynch

I had not brought a sticker album in around twenty years and when I saw the Panini Republic of Ireland album I said 'why not'! I forgot how good it felt to open a packet of stickers and that tingle of anticipation when you see that there is a shiny one as well. I forgot the sheer joy of sticking the stickers in and the pleasure of sticking them in and that feeling of achievement when you fill out a page. Most all I forgot what a pleasant and innocent hobby it and am I glad that I rediscovered this hobby after so many years. I am going to collect the trading cards for the first time ever tomorrow(if they are available here tomorrow) and give it a try and see how it pans out. Hopefully another enjoyable experience is on the way.