Panini Euro 2012 (Review + discussion)

Burkina2008

Have u seen that german version of Euro 2012 Boxes are dirty cheap...I bought 12 boxes for 35 euros including post and packaging
WC 2010 is also cheap but WC 2014 not really if you really want the ovp box

Anyone know why the german boxes are so cheap???

Caniggia

Contributor
Have u seen that german version of Euro 2012 Boxes are dirty cheap...I bought 12 boxes for 35 euros including post and packaging
WC 2010 is also cheap but WC 2014 not really if you really want the ovp box

Euro 2012 boxes are really cheap, the matter are badges, usually you don't find many inside and some of them are already sold out at Panini... this is with italian box, I don't know for Germany (back is different but badges are same)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Someone at Panini forgot to push the "stop" button? Because they produced too many, plenty of sellers just want to get back some money invested, even if they lose quite a bit (which I don't think it's true, they might even get them for free).

Still have two sealed boxes from german edition, also got them very cheap few months after Euro has finished.

Euro 2012 boxes are really cheap, the matter are badges, usually you don't find many inside and some of them are already sold out at Panini... this is with italian box, I don't know for Germany (back is different but badges are same)
Some badges are already sold out? There shouldn't be any rarer badges, all are supposed to have same ratio... Strange, must be people wanting certain badges from better teams.

Fortunately, unlike some collections, Panini produced a lot of boxes, so it should be long until the shinies become really rare... And Euro 2016 will go through the same path, even quicker if this shameful Panini approach continues.

You mean the front is different for all stickers except badges... Back is the same, right?

Caniggia

Contributor
Someone at Panini forgot to push the "stop" button? Because they produced too many, plenty of sellers just want to get back some money invested, even if they lose quite a bit (which I don't think it's true, they might even get them for free).

Still have two sealed boxes from german edition, also got them very cheap few months after Euro has finished.

Some badges are already sold out? There shouldn't be any rarer badges, all are supposed to have same ratio... Strange, must be people wanting certain badges from better teams.

Fortunately, unlike some collections, Panini produced a lot of boxes, so it should be long until the shinies become really rare... And Euro 2016 will go through the same path, even quicker if this shameful Panini approach continues.

You mean the front is different for all stickers except badges... Back is the same, right?
No german and rest of europe has 2 different back, the front stickers are different except badges

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
No german and rest of europe has 2 different back, the front stickers are different except badges
You sure Emiliano? I'm checking now one sticker from each version (international and german) and they seem similar in the back... Is there any difference?

Burkina2008

So in your opinion you will also see the Euro 16 boxes at 6 euros a box in December or so, right?

But why are the WC 14 much more expensive then?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So in your opinion you will also see the Euro 16 boxes at 6 euros a box in December or so, right?

But why are the WC 14 much more expensive then?
Definitely, maybe even October, when there's still too much to sell, but almost no one to buy... Prices drop drastically, but not for 6€... Maybe around 12/15€ per 100-pack box, but all depends of how much Panini produce and how much sellers can get (some businesses under the table, I suppose, maybe with Panini selling at cost price, so they won't lose money).

World Cup 2014 had something strange... Panini Germany has decided to release mega pack with album + 100 packs and I have the idea they've used packets from sealed boxes (unfortunately, for each 100 packets, they used from different boxes or we wouldn't get so many doubles, like I did)... So it might be the reason why mega packs were so popular by the end of the 2014 (don't know now) and boxes are still a bit expensive in price for what they should be... Of course, they're much cheaper than during the World Cup period.

probably you're right, sorry I'm writing from job :)
No worries, I was just a bit afraid now, because I used many shinies from german boxes to finish some international sets... But back is not so important to me too, as long it's same picture and quality.

Arno

HELLO everyone! I'll buy a hardcover on eBay, as German version, the stickers have purple edges, I don't know whether to buy, these purple or normal (white), What do you think will look better? I want the updates too, and they are white :mad:

Last edited:

SidBarrett

Does the hardcover album was only released in Germany? In the back, the flag of the Netherlands and Austria also appears, the hardcover edition was the same?

wbat about this hardcover edition, where it was launched? Does not carry the German flag

HELLO everyone! I'll buy a hardcover on eBay, as German version, the stickers have purple edges, I don't know whether to buy, these purple or normal (white), What do you think will look better? I want the updates too, and they are white :mad:
White look better.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Does the hardcover album was only released in Germany? In the back, the flag of the Netherlands and Austria also appears, the hardcover edition was the same?

wbat about this hardcover edition, where it was launched? Does not carry the German flag

White look better.
From what I remember, Germany had an exclusive edition and the albums had the german flag in the cover (hardcover too)... Netherlands also received the hardcover album, but it was the international edition and very few countries got it (much rarer than german edition)... It didn't have any flag on the back, I think.

So my guess is that those prices you see are for both versions (don't know if Austria got the german or international version).

Arno

a question... shiny sticker germany version and international version (made in italy) are the same???