Panini Espana 1982 (Review + discussion)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Gogi Sorry but I've deleted your posts (and replies from others)... English only here, it's the language most will understand.

E

ElPrince

This version is actually called pic´grin. I have a source for these packets if you are still interested..

Btw.. anybody knows how many different pic´grin stickers exist of WC 82, 86 and 90?

I will get about 20 pic´grin stickers Espana 82 shortly so i suppose there are a lot of these stickers existing.
?

Kacper13

In my opinion right one look like a fake. As you can check right sticker has white stripes on top. Also sticker is smaller, but word ,,France'' is quite smaller than originial one from left. I am not sure about right one. It's only my opinion. Never seen before.

Originial one:

E

ElPrince

Understood.
So do you totally exclude that this sticker could be a test sticker? I wouldn't be so sure indeed.
Panini in those years had the habit to realize many test stickers and packets and album before putting on sale the official ones.

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
Hi @ElPrince @Danju @Makhno @Bidus @Kacper13

Interestingly we had the same holographic design on the silver foil for the UK Football 86 badges. I had no idea that Panini did test stickers but there's a possibility this is a test seeing that the background design was reused in Football 86 (attached example). Hmmm, it may be a mystery that we never find the answer to!

Attachments

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
About that shiny, I also wouldn't be so sure to rule the second picture as fake... There have been different material types for the same collection, depending where it was produced (or what time)... For instance, I have a France badge from 2002 WC which is different than the ones you see... I know the source, it's Panini for sure, but on the back has "Made in Brazil".

Perhaps asking the seller where he got the badge? It seems a bit taken off the back though, possibly not the original back.

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
Well, I'm maybe wrong but this holographic design back in 82 is a bit suspect for me.

Caniggia

Contributor
it couldn't be a fake, I can't be sure 100% ... as back sometime Panini could use foils unused before for other collections, not for main one like World Cup but this is about Modena.. maybe in some local printings could be different

anyway is really hard to know if is original.. or someone could try to find a complete set of shiny badges of Espana82 :)

Kacper13

it couldn't be a fake, I can't be sure 100% ... as back sometime Panini could use foils unused before for other collections, not for main one like World Cup but this is about Modena.. maybe in some local printings could be different
World Cup 2014 have a diffrent shiny types. I mean Industria Argentina ones, and shiny made in Brazil and Italy, was quite same. Only Industria Argentina was diffrent. Anyway we are talking about collection made in 1982. In the meantime was only one production in Modena. Font size and thickness looking diffrent than original one. The best way, is asking Panini about.

Danju

Patron
I had a look when they first used that kind of foil for Bundesliga stickers. At the Album of 1985 they were used for badges here at the first time, for what I saw. So just 3 years in between. I agree with what @Makhno said:
this holographic design back in 82 is a bit suspect for me.
But it still might be possible.
someone could try to find a complete set of shiny badges of Espana82 :)
alle 82 variationen small.jpg

having a closer look at them they will have to be recovered, but anyway still interesting.

Kacper13

Original

• in the case of older series, the paper frequently darkens
  • typical patina
  • Motifs are "soft-running" in color, clearly printed and have a plastic effect

Fake

• mostly bright white paper, aging traces only printed
  • on the whole, the motif is darker and has a strong contrast
  • lighter colors are out of focus, distorted, as if painted

E

ElPrince

anyway is really hard to know if is original.. or someone could try to find a complete set of shiny badges of Espana82 :)
hi , blackrain for example had on sale many different a few months ago and other sellers here and there
I would not be surprised if Panini had the skill to print similar stickers in '82. Absolutely not surprised.

Danju

Patron
I asked about the origin, and thats what the owner answered:
"these stickers are absolutely original, it’s a test print, Panini confirmed this to me after checking their archive. They’re perfectly adhesive and being a test some backs can’t be covered perfectly."

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
The guy is very lucky to have a so accurate answer from Panini... Still sounds weird to me...