• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Panini Espana 1982 (Review + discussion)

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
4th Panini sticker book for the World Cup held in Spain was the first one that has shiny stickers. Collection featured 427 stickers and 48 pages softcover sticker album. Espana 82 had the highest number of stickers for a WC collection of stickers until then, since the previous two (Argentina 78 and Munchen 74) had 400 in total.

Bellow is a list, or a guide, whatever you'd like to call it to album, sticker packs and stickers differences in Panini World Cup 1982 album that had been on sale around the world, hence there are many different versions.

Collection information :
  • Stickers : 1-427
  • Album : 48 page, softcover, multilingual
  • Packs : 5 stickers
  • Box : 100 packs (500 stickers)
For more detailed information about content of Spain 82 album, please check my entire review on this link.

If you have any other photo, info or clarification to add, please feel free to comment bellow and help making this guide even better.

Spain 82 - Albums around the world

Bellow is a list of all known album variations. It might be good to mention that all in all, collections are quite similar, no matter the country. One particular version that has different badges is Yugoslav. For Yugoslavian market badges were slightly different in terms of gloss on stickers.

INTERNATIONAL VERSION
PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 INTERNATIONAL VERSION.jpg PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 INTERNATIONAL VERSION BACK.jpg
ENGLISH VERSION
PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 ENGLISH VERSION FRONT.jpg PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 ENGLISH VERSION BACK.jpg
DANISH VERSION
PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 DANISH VERSION FRONT.jpg
COLOMBIAN VERSION
PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 COLOMBIAN VERSION FRONT.jpg PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 COLOMBIAN VERSION BACK.jpg
VENEZUELAN VERSION
PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 CHILEAN VERSION FRONT.jpg WC 82 Venezuelian edition back cover.jpg
PERUVIAN
PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 CHA CHA VERSION FRONT.jpg PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 VENEZUELAN VERSION BACK.jpg
YUGOSLAV VERSION
PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 YUGOSLAV VERSION FRONT.jpg PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 YUGOSLAV VERSION BACK.jpg
CHACHA VERSION (Belgium)
PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 CHA CHA VERSION FRONT.jpg PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 CHA CHA VERSION BACK.jpg
ChaCha is a Candy manufacturer from Belgium and this can be seen by language on them.
FUJIFILM VERSION (Italian)
PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 FUJIFILM VERSION FRONT.jpg PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 FUJIFILM VERSION BACK.jpg
FujiFilm on the back cover. This version was released in Italy.

Sticker packets

Here is a list of all sticker packets community members discovered. There is a possibility that there are more, as always if you have any info or a photo, let me know in the comments so that I can update the guide.

INTERNATIONAL
stickers pack PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 INTERNATIONAL VERSION.jpg stickers pack PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 INTERNATIONAL VERSION back.jpg
INTERNATIONAL
stickers pack PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 INTERNATIONAL VERSION 2 front.jpg stickers pack PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 INTERNATIONAL VERSION 2 back.jpg
YUGOSLAV
stickers pack PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 yugoslav VERSION front.jpg stickers pack PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 yugoslav VERSION back.jpg
CHACHA
stickers pack PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 cha cha VERSION front.jpg stickers pack PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 cha cha VERSION back.jpg
FUJIFILM
stickers pack PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 FUJIFILM VERSION front.jpg stickers pack PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 FUJIFILM VERSION BACJ.jpg
PICGRTN
stickers pack PANINI WORLD CUP SPAIN 1982 PICGRTN VERSION FRONT.jpg

STICKERS VARIATIONS

Unfortunately I was able to discover only two different types of stickers. Additionally, as already mentioned, badges in Yugoslav version are different as well.

INTERNATIONAL STICKER BACK
Panini Spain 1982 WORLD CUP STICKER BACK.jpg

YUGOSLAV STICKER BACK AND BADGE
Panini Spain 82 Decje Novine Spanija sticker variation 2.JPG Panini Spain 82 Decje Novine Spanija sticker variation.JPG
At the top of the Yugoslav version sticker back it says "Spanija 82". At the bottom there is Dečje Novine Logo. Since DN was printing and distributing Panini stickers in former Yugoslavia since 1992.

VENEZUELAN VERSION
WC 82 Venezuelan edition stickers badge.jpg WC 82 Venezuelan edition stickers numbered on the front.jpg
In this country, stickers were printed by Cromos Venezolanos under Panini license. Stickers contain number at the front. Badges are also not shiny, but they are not the same as Yugoslav version.

Big thanks to everyone who contributed in creating this thread. Special thanks to Pete and @Makhno

Last edited:

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
There is a slight mistake with the different editions :
- The Chilean cover you presented is in fact the Venezuelan edition released by Cromos Venezolanos with authorization of Panini.

Here are the font and back covers :
WC 82 Venezuelan edition front cover.jpg WC 82 Venezuelian edition back cover.jpg

The stickers inside are slightly different with other editions: they have the number on front instead of the Naranjito mascotte and the badges are not shiny at all.

WC 82 Venezuelan edition Inside 4.jpg

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
I think the Venezuelan version you presented must be the Peruvian one (according to the flag on the back cover)

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Makhno Thanks for the heads up. I will update and correct the mistake.
Do you have any photos of back of the stickers or only stickers from any of these versions?
Obviously I will have to add the Venezuelan stickers, since they are different to the "sticker variations".

I guess that I mixed Peruvian version with the Chilean.
Can you confirm that the "Peruvian" album cover is photo from album released in Venezuela?

Then it seams that I am either missing photo of a Chilean version, or Chilean does not exist.

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Sorry but I don't have any photo of the stickers for Venezuelan edition.
I don't know if there is a chilean version. What I am sure is that the cover you still present as chilean version is the venezuelan one.
For the peruvian version, I don't know the cover (the front seems to be exactly the same as the international one) but the back cover shows a chilean flag on the top of the flag section, so...

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You are right, I mixed them up a bit, thanks for the updated, I think now everything is okay.

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Quite good. You still messed up with the venezuelan back cover.
The right one is this one :
WC 82 Venezuelian edition back cover.jpg

The one you put is the chilean back cover

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
The Cha-Cha edition is the Belgian edition. Cha-Cha is a belgian candy and you can see on the Cha-Cha packet that it is written both in french and Flemish (the 2 official languages of Belgium).

Hi. I can confirm there exist a Chilean version. Is very similar an International, but names of each countre are in Spanish. Other way, i can send pics of Venezuelan version.

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Hi. I can confirm there exist a Chilean version. Is very similar an International, but names of each countre are in Spanish. Other way, i can send pics of Venezuelan version.
Great if you can send some pics from Venezuelan edition. Do you also have some pics from chilean edition ? When you say that names of each country is in spanish, do you mean on the album pages or on the sticker badges ?