PANINI COPA AMERICA 2020-2021 ARGENTINA-COLOMBIA

rpuerta

EXTREMELY UNHAPPY WITH THIS COLLECTION THE WORSE EVER !!
WHAT A SHAME - PANINI BRAZIL !!!!!!! Expecially during these difficult times when kids and adults can't go out as normal to swap stickers due to the Pandemic COVID 19.

Just because this is a very late release 8-9 months before the Official Copa America 2021 Collection, Panini Brazil has decided to use an old trick to force sales. This collection has about 20 difficult to get stickers + 12 extremely rare (hard to find) stickers.

It is insane, after opening 14 sealed boxes, I'm still missing 6 stickers. that is 700 envelopes = 3,500 stickers to try to complete a just 400 stickers collection. A World Cup Collection with 680 + stickers only takes about 3 boxes to complete without doing any trading, EURO 2020 preview 2 boxes without trading.

A friend in Colombia (Panini distribuitor) is reporting the same issue, still missing 10 stickers after opening 8 sealed boxes. This is a serious issue that goes against Panini Italy policy of making the same amount of stickers for each number.

The reason why I'm opening so many boxes is because another friend who also noticed the problem dare me to get him a complete Copa America 2021 preview collection in exchange for a Complete 2006 World Cup card Collection with Messi and Ronaldo rockie cards.

No wonder how after 1 month of release I haven't seen a video or picture of a complete album anywhere online.
If you have Complete collection anywhere in this world or galaxy, please tell me how you did it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Unless I have a bad batch of boxes, which is still a Panini Brazil problem, I hope Panini Italy takes a real close look at this issue.

These are the bastard 12 extremely hard to get stickers:
#13, #14, #15, #20, #171, #202, #205, #206, #214, #394, #396, #397

TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. THANK YOU PANINI BRAZIL !!

1595959408193.png

Last edited:

alex1992alex

WHAT A SHAME - PANINI BRAZIL !!!!!!! Expecially during these difficult times when kids and adults can't go out as normal to swap stickers due to the Pandemic COVID 19.

Just because this is a very late release 8-9 months before the Official Copa America 2021 Collection, Panini Brazil has decided to use an old trick to force sales. This collection has 20 hard to get stickers + 12 extremely rare stickers.

It is insane, after opening 14 sealed boxes, I'm still missing 6 of the 12 extremely rare stickers. that is 700 envelopes = 3,500 stickers to try to complete a just 400 stickers collection. A World Cup Collection with 680 + stickers only takes about 3 boxes to complete without doing any trading, EURO 2020 preview 2 boxes without trading.

A friend in Colombia (Panini distribuitor) is reporting the same issue, still missing 10 stickers after opening 8 sealed boxes. This is a serious issue that goes against Panini Italy policy of making the same amount of stickers for each number.

The reason why I'm opening so many boxes is because another friend who also noticed the problem dare me to get him a complete Copa America 2021 preview collection in exchange for a Complete 2006 World Cup Adrenalyn Collection with Messi and Ronaldo rockie cards.

No wonder how after 1 month of release I haven't seen a video or picture of a complete album anywhere online.
If you have Complete collection anywhere in this world or galaxy, please tell me how you got it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Unless I have a bad batch of boxes, which is still a Panini Brazil problem, I hope Panini Italy takes a real close look at this issue.

These are the bastard 12 extremely rare stickers:

THIS COLLECTION IS GARBAGE - COMPLETE SCAM - TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. THANK YOU PANINI BRAZIL !!

View attachment 16132
WOW, I DONT WANT TO THINK WITH HOW MUCH MONEY WILL BE SOLD ON EBAY THIS COLLECTION

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Just because this is a very late release 8-9 months before the Official Copa America 2021 Collection, Panini Brazil has decided to use an old trick to force sales. This collection has 20 hard to get stickers + 12 extremely rare stickers.

It is insane, after opening 14 sealed boxes, I'm still missing 6 of the 12 extremely rare stickers. that is 700 envelopes = 3,500 stickers to try to complete a just 400 stickers collection. A World Cup Collection with 680 + stickers only takes about 3 boxes to complete without doing any trading, EURO 2020 preview 2 boxes without trading.

The reason why I'm opening so many boxes is because another friend who also noticed the problem dare me to get him a complete Copa America 2021 preview collection in exchange for a Complete 2006 World Cup Adrenalyn Collection with Messi and Ronaldo rockie cards.

If you have Complete collection anywhere in this world or galaxy, please tell me how you got it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

These are the bastard 12 extremely rare stickers:

THIS COLLECTION IS GARBAGE - COMPLETE SCAM - TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. THANK YOU PANINI BRAZIL !!

View attachment 16132
Panini never prints the same amount for each sticker, no matter what they say. The only time they did that was 2010 World Cup, to my knowledge.

There is no 2006 World Cup Adrenalyn collection... either you meant the stickers or Goal! small set (150 cards).

Anyway, checking LS ratios, it doesn't seem there's any rare stickers... but the offer/demand there is still low, so it's not a 100% reliable source... still, for now, I'm leaning for you and your friend to have bad boxes indeed.

Anyway, I can tell you +/- if there are really rare stickers... I just need to know:

- how many shinies;
- different materials (if there's differences in both normals and shinies) and how many of each;
- size of the stickers (seems the standard used in sets like Roads to Euros/World Cups).

rpuerta

Panini never prints the same amount for each sticker, no matter what they say. The only time they did that was 2010 World Cup, to my knowledge.

There is no 2006 World Cup Adrenalyn collection... either you meant the stickers or Goal! small set (150 cards).

Anyway, checking LS ratios, it doesn't seem there's any rare stickers... but the offer/demand there is still low, so it's not a 100% reliable source... still, for now, I'm leaning for you and your friend to have bad boxes indeed.

Anyway, I can tell you +/- if there are really rare stickers... I just need to know:

- how many shinies;
- different materials (if there's differences in both normals and shinies) and how many of each;
- size of the stickers (seems the standard used in sets like Roads to Euros/World Cups).
Sorry about my typo, not the adrenalyn, I was typing fast. It is the FIFA World Cup Germany 2006. Trading Cards (Panini), I believe there are 223 cards in the collection.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Sorry about my typo, not the adrenalyn, I was typing fast. It is the FIFA World Cup Germany 2006. Trading Cards (Panini), I believe there are 223 cards in the collection.
Ok, I forgot about that one, almost never saw it actually.

I checked quickly the checklist... There are 36 shinies, 364 normal. If there's no material variation and the sticker size is 5.4x7.5cm, I can say the shinies are not rare among them, but the normals have indeed some more rare... But my calculations only give 8 rarer normal stickers.

The only rare stickers are actually normal ones, right?

rpuerta

- how many shinies;

- how many shinies;

No problem with the shinnies, there are plenty on each box. I would say more than normal.
The stickers are the same size as the Copa America 2019 stickers, Football 2020, Road to euro.
Sticker quality is not that bad, It is not as good as the Footbal 2020 stickers with that glossy finish, but not as bad as the EuroCup 2020 preview stickers.
The issue here is that you get the same player up to 3 times in the same box. From what I can see the problem is not with the player there are plenty of those, but with the stadiums and other stickers.
The only way that I see possible to complete this collection is to buy 1 or 2 boxes and then get the rest from the Panini website when they become available.
Another detail, Panini informed that because it is a 1st edition Copa america preview the stock is very limited. To me this was done in a rush, the boxes are not even wrapped in platic, they have just a Panini seal in the top and bottom.
1595963350478.png
20200728_152630.jpg20200728_152639.jpg20200728_152653.jpg

Last edited:

rpuerta

Ok, I forgot about that one, almost never saw it actually.

I checked quickly the checklist... There are 36 shinies, 364 normal. If there's no material variation and the sticker size is 5.4x7.5cm, I can say the shinies are not rare among them, but the normals have indeed some more rare... But my calculations only give 8 rarer normal stickers.

The only rare stickers are actually normal ones, right?
Yes, when I say rare I mean "hard to get", they are just normal stickers. Just like in the Women's World Cup 2011 that has about 20 stickers that nobody can find to complete an album, not even at the Panini website.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yes, when I say rare I mean "hard to get", they are just normal stickers. Just like in the Women's World Cup 2011 that has about 20 stickers that nobody can find to complete an album, not even at the Panini website.
Yes, the situation is somewhat similar to WWC11. Being also a collection that is not printed as much as usual, I'm sure in the upcoming years, some stickers may be sold out.

With that sticker size, Panini prints 144 stickers per sheet. If you have 364 different, then the usual Panini do is 144 + 144 + 76. But they never waste paper, so for the sheet with just 76 different, they add more 68 out of those 76, to fill all 144.

So you see, this creates a problem where 8 of those stickers are only once in that sheet, the rest is there twice. This is a major reason why Panini never prints stickers in the same quantity, because they also never change the sheets layout.

That's why I say there should be 8 rarer stickers, but also depends on the quantity printed per sheet. Because most stickers in that 76-stickers sheet are there twice, usually Panini prints less, probably half of it, to compensate for the other two 144-stickers. And that's what happened in WWC11.

Anyway, this is just a possible situation, based on what I learned over the years. One thing that can help clarify more this are those Panini making of videos, where you can see full uncut sheets.

rpuerta

So far this has only been release in 3 countries.
1- Brazil - Panini
2- Colombia - Host country - Sold by boxes without plastic wrap
3- Argentina - Host country - Sold by bundle of 20 packs with a rubber to keep them together.

I have been told that you can actually complete an album with 6 bundles of 20 packs. I won't know for sure if it is true until I get the bundles from Argentina next week.

The release in other countries in undetermined yet. The stock is so limited that Panini barely produced enough for a weak distribution in those 3 countries. Panini is saying that will do a 2nd distribution only by dealer request if there is good demand, but I seriously doubted based on the current world situation.

I don't have direct contact with Panini. This information is from Colombia and Argentina distributors.

IMG_20200729_0004.jpgIMG_20200729_0005.jpgIMG_20200729_0006.jpgIMG_20200729_0009.jpgIMG_20200729_0010.jpgIMG_20200729_0011.jpg

Last edited:

queenflac

Just because this is a very late release 8-9 months before the Official Copa America 2021 Collection, Panini Brazil has decided to use an old trick to force sales. This collection has about 20 difficult to get stickers + 12 extremely rare (hard to find) stickers.

It is insane, after opening 14 sealed boxes, I'm still missing 6 stickers. that is 700 envelopes = 3,500 stickers to try to complete a just 400 stickers collection. A World Cup Collection with 680 + stickers only takes about 3 boxes to complete without doing any trading, EURO 2020 preview 2 boxes without trading.

The reason why I'm opening so many boxes is because another friend who also noticed the problem dare me to get him a complete Copa America 2021 preview collection in exchange for a Complete 2006 World Cup card Collection with Messi and Ronaldo rockie cards.

If you have Complete collection anywhere in this world or galaxy, please tell me how you did it? Any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks.

These are the bastard 12 extremely hard to get stickers:

TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. THANK YOU PANINI BRAZIL !!

View attachment 16132
The way in which panini Brasil have packed these stickers is a complete joke to the collector, There are a total of 69 rare stickers, of which 14 are extremely rare and 8 are impossible, In the photo are those that the friend asks, I managed to complete the collection but it cost me 22 boxes. complete madness and total abuse

IMG_20200729_070805431.jpg

rpuerta

Argentina: 20 packs bundles, same issue, still missing 30+ stickers after opening 200 packs. Customers are complaining to sellers, the issue has been escalated to Panini Italy by distributors and the only response is to wait 6 weeks to purchase the missing stickers form the Panini website.

Last edited:

daser78

Having the Covid 19 situation I decided to buy the complete set from ebay. $77 in an auction + $20 shipping to Miami + $17 shipping to Costa Rica (this way is faster and safer)

I received the complete album + set + unopened packets. I can say that the album is very well made and has a better design than Euro Preview