• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

PANINI COPA AMERICA 2007

Caniggia

Contributor
Ok, probably I'm 8 years late but I never seen before there are difference between 2 Mexico sheets to complete the album. Mine I bought long time ago from another italian collector, I think is one printed in Brasil and I have a part the sheets of Mexico and also Venezuela

then there is different edition (coming from Perù) with a different Mexico sheet, players are same but not the stickers and Venezuela stickers were inside packets

help me to understand better and then, now what about Venezuela? the stickers are same in the sheet and in the packets?

the one I have (coming from Brasil, I suppose)
mexico 1.JPG

the one coming from Perù
mexico 2.JPG

Danju

i have never seen the one from Peru so far, i bought, a couple of years ago some of the 1st ones you posted 1st from a guy from venezuela he also sold me the venezuelan extra sheets, i do not remember where had those from.
Very interesting.

Caniggia

Contributor
Anyway I have ordered some items from Perù including this album, so when arrives (if no one answer before) I check if there is any difference with Venezuela and I write down here :)

Caniggia

Contributor
Ok, so I had opportunity to check and there are many difference!

Mexico sheets are different, front but also back and mainly Venezuela... maybe some collectors from South America can help us but, even we have same name on stickers, players doesn't seem same! Am I wrong?

MEXICO, on left my album, on right sheet distributed in Perù (and maybe other countries). We have different pictures but players are same...
2007 3.jpg
second part of Mexico, peruvian sheet on left, my album on right
2007 4.jpg

also Mexico back sheet is a little bit different, on left peruvian version, on right copy from Brasil/Argentina/Venezuela
2007 5.jpg

but mainly ... Venezuela! players are not same or at least pictures are really different..

on right stickers in the packets distributed in Perù, on left my album with stickers taken by Venezuela sheet
2007 1.jpg
on left stickers in the packets distributed in Perù, on right my album with stickers taken by Venezuela sheet
2007 2.jpg

Just to remind, I say Perù because is version bought there. The first version (with both sheets, Mexico and Venezuela) I have bought in Italy. It should be the one distributed in Brasil, Argentina and Venezuela

I found some interesting info here -
http://footballstickers.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Copa_America_2007

This Album was released in a smaller version than the regular albums even the stickers are very small. This collection contains 300 different stickers, so far as i know are there no different Albums available, but there are 2 special facts for the stickers. Panini could´nt release the stickers for the Mexican Team ( same old storry there ) so a unknown printer printed a sheet wich was available in a Mexican Newspaper .These stickersheet has a very bad quality. In Venezuela there was a simular problem with the Venezuelan team but just in Venezuela at the international version the Venezuelan team was available in green shirts ( not released in Venezuela ) but a Local Newspaper printed a sheet in colaboration with panini showing the Venezuelan players in their dark red home jerseys ( only available at Venezuela ) and very hard to get !

Caniggia

Contributor
So I can say:

first album I have was the Version from Venezuela + 1 sheet official one printed in partnership with Panini abut Venezuela; the other is the south america version with Venezuela green shirts in the packets ... but I have still some doubt about Mexico sheet ...

anyway I will keep both versions, hoping to have attached the Mexico sheets not in the opposite way!

Caniggia

Contributor
I have a question for hard collectors... so usually I attach stickers, is part of my hobby (expensive hobby... you know what I mean :rolleyes:), I love it... but here seems Mexico sheets are not officials...

just to explain: in my copy of album WC France98 all stickers are in except Iran, for Iran I keep a part the "stickers" given together with magazine Guerin Sportivo that is, anyway, first edition of Iran stickers and made in partnership with Panini

so for Copa America 2007 the best choice could be:

Venezuela edition: complete the album keeping Mexico and Venezuela stickers in the sheets

South America edition: complete the album keeping Mexico stickers in the sheet (but not Venezuela because that stickers were inside packets)

ok... I'm just going out of mind! :p

I can explain hat better for you guys:
The venezuelan sheets of mexico and Venezuela squads were only dostributed in Venezuela, while he other version from Peru about the Mexican team was only distributed in Peru. Those are the only countries were these sheets were distributed. The Venezuela squad were printed in a sheet only for venezuela because Panini did not hav ethe license of the team. Therefore the venezuelan players never came in the packets ONLY IN VENEZUELA. That's why afterwards a sheets with the venezuelan players was issued only in Venezuela along with the mexican squad that never were released in any country

Regards

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Hey guys, I have just re-read this thread and, honestly, it is still a mess for me. Anyone to make a sort a sum-up review with pictures ??? Thanks !!

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
No, nothing is wrong but me ;) I'm just not sure to get it well :

If I sum-up :

- There are 2 different sets for mexican players stickers
- There are 2 differents sets for venezuelan players stickers

Am I right ?

Caniggia

Contributor
No, nothing is wrong but me ;) I'm just not sure to get it well :

If I sum-up :

- There are 2 different sets for mexican players stickers
- There are 2 differents sets for venezuelan players stickers

Am I right ?
yes

2 different sheets about Mexico

1 sheet about Venezuela that is different from stickers you could find in the packets :)