PANINI COLLECTION STORAGE (THE ULTIMATE GUIDE)

Ramsfan10

Has anyone got any ideas on how to store softcover and hardcover empty albums together? I currently keep my albums in 10L Really Useful Boxes but the hardcover albums are bigger and I can’t fit 2 side by side (especially as the premier League albums come with a slipcover and are even bigger). I would also like to get a bit of protection for my albums.

xomatron

Hello. This is a nice guide. However, I have a question to ask.
Why is toploader recommended over regular zip-bag? If we put mechanical protection aside, is there any other benefit of using toploaders and sleeves (like UltraPro). How would sticker appearance change through time if it was kept in a regular zip-bag?

Ramsfan10

Hello,
I find very interesting the options that have been explained here about the storage of Panini albums.

In my case, since BCW branded material has a prohibitive price and shipping costs to Europe, I have started organizing my albums as follows. As a protective bag for the albums I have chosen some also designed for Life magazine, but in this case of the Titanshield brand.

Then I place the albums in project folders that are wide enough (24 cms) and place the folder in the shelf horizontally. I have not found backing boards at a good price and I am not convinced by its use. The albums probably won't be folded, but if you want to see the back cover you have to take it out of the bag and I don't like that.
Hi,

Do you have the stickers in pocket pages stored with the album or are the folders just for your albums?

Mishu

I am storing my Panini Euro 96 and USA 94 loose sets in Masterphil 16 pocket sleeves and the empty album in a one pocket sleeve, but I am having a hard time finding a binder in the US.

I tried the Leitz binder 20mm ordered from UK but for the Euro 96, the 354 stickers fit in 23 sleeves and I have a lot of empty space left as the binder takes 150 sleeves. There is a smaller one 16mm but for some reason it costs $70 to ship to the US from UK.

Any ideas of what I can find in the US that I can use to store these loose sets? Thank you!

levivo

Hi @Mishu ,
I Store my Word Cup Stickers in the 16pocket Sheets from Lindner.
I have compared them to the ones of ultra pro. The Lindner Sheets are way better than the UP. Its a huge different in Qualität. Since then i dont use the UP anymore.

Of course i could Help you getting them.

Guinness

Hi @Mishu ,
I have compared them to the ones of ultra pro. The Lindner Sheets are way better than the UP. Its a huge different in Qualität. Since then i dont use the UP anymore.

Where can I buy them in Germany? Also what do you suggest to use as a binder?

Mishu

Hi @Mishu ,

Thank you for the recommendation. I haven't heared good things about UltraPro either from a friend. I purchased Masterphil sleeves for my collections and I am happy with the quality, but will think about getting Lindner as well next time I am in the market for sleeves.

To add to @Guinness question, what binders do you use with your Lindner sleeves? I was looking to get Eichner binders but it seems impossible to get them in the US and also I saw that some of the users were not happy with the quality.

This morning, Masterphil gave me an email address of one of their resellers so I contacted him to see what the shipping cost is to send a couple of binders to the US so I can test them.

levivo

Where can I buy them in Germany? Also what do you suggest to use as a binder?
Sorry @Guinness , never saw that there were more comments in this thread.
I bought them from ebay. They might sent to other countries too.
I use regular binder, no special ones. But there might be better ones for the mentioned sleeve pages.

Thank you for the recommendation. I haven't heared good things about UltraPro either from a friend. I purchased Masterphil sleeves for my collections and I am happy with the quality, but will think about getting Lindner as well next time I am in the market for sleeves.

To add to @Guinness question, what binders do you use with your Lindner sleeves? I was looking to get Eichner binders but it seems impossible to get them in the US and also I saw that some of the users were not happy with the quality.

This morning, Masterphil gave me an email address of one of their resellers so I contacted him to see what the shipping cost is to send a couple of binders to the US so I can test them.

Sorry to you, too. Just saw your questions.
i use these sleeve pages:
Einsteckblätter A4 glasklar mit 9 Taschen (72 x 100), 10er-Packung (lindner-original.de)

Lindner itself recommend these binders for there sleeves:
Kassette zu Ringbinder PUBLICA L-schwarz (lindner-original.de)

Seem very nice. Maybe i try one of these...