PANINI COLLECTION STORAGE (THE ULTIMATE GUIDE)

Bidus

Hello,

1 Pocket means, one sheet with one space to store items, 4 pockets means one sheet divided in 4 spaces horizontally or vertically, and so on.
You can use the multimaster 12 spaces to store your stickers if you have a loose set. Multimaster doesnot have 16 spaces sheet.

You can't use multimaster to store your album in a one pcket sheet. Album is larger tha the sheet. For that you need to use the Masterphil sheets. Masterphil also provide 16 pockets sheets.

Hope I'm clear.

Bidus

redwhite

Since @fatzep shared the info about the 1 pocket Master Phil sleeves we are a big step further to store easily empty albums without sealing the hole album. Unfortunately it seems those sleeves only fit in binders with a small spin. From the moment the spin is bigger, the rings inside are also bigger with the result that there is less space inside and the sleeves comes out of the binder.
Also an A4+ binder isn't the solution. @Bidus tried a Exacompta A4+ binder, but also there the sleeves came out of the binder when the spine was bigger.

Any collectors who's using those 1 pocket Master Phil sleeves too? Feel free to share your experience.
Also to @marinerpete @stickersCat, as both of you are specialized album collectors, I'm wondering how you store empty albums.

Bidus

As @redwhite just said, I think @fatzep used the smalest Eichner Binder with 40mm spin, I guess it is with 20mm D-Rings. In that case the Masterphil One Pocket sleeve (Pocket of 240mm) Fit perfectly in the 40mm spin Eichener Binder. This binder is 290mm large.

BUT (There is always a but)

Eichner is distributing same binders with a spin of 60mm and 80mm, I guess it is with 40mm and 60mm D-rings but the larger of the binder is still the same 290mm. So Masterphil Binders can't fit in those binders with a Larger spin.

I have done some measurements, and for a binder with a D-ring of 60mm you need a binder with a minimum larger of 310mm, the larger I have found for the moment is a Letiz one with 304mm.

Hope this will help.

PS : I will try to do some schems in order to explain it much better.

redwhite

I have done some measurements, and for a binder with a D-ring of 60mm you need a binder with a minimum larger of 310mm, the larger I have found for the moment is a Letiz one with 304mm.
Concerning the Leitz binders: in the UK stores the largest one is 304mm, but in Belgium it's only 299 mm. for exactly the same. :p

Leitz '4205': Spine 86, dimension 86 x 319 x 304, 4 ring-binder. (60mm)
https://assets.esselte.com/catalogfiles/products/Desktop__117838004D9BBE619454D4707EB441D4__440__ll_42050001-6a0ce82cce79dc8163af89886461c2ad.png

Same type in Belgium is saying another width
Leitz '4205': Spine 86, dimension 86 x 319 x 299, 4 ring-binder (60mm)

But this type has a smaller D-ring.
Leitz '4204': Spine 86, dimension 86 x 319 x 299, 4 ring-binder (50mm)

Bidus

I guess the information provided by www.otto-office.com is wrong. I have checked almost all the countries details of the 4205 binders from the lintz websites (.fr, .co.uk, .de, .be, ....) and all of them are saying that the Leitz 4205 binder have the following dimensions : 86x319x304

Anyway as I said I have to do some maths to check if 304 mm is enough for the one pocket Masterphil sleeve in to the 4205 Lietz binder (60mm Ring with 86mm spin). I don't think so.

One interesting option is the Leitz Binder (4204) with 50mm ring and spin of 86mm, the dimension are the same as the 4205 : 86x319x304. I guess in this case the masterphil one pocket sleeve will fit into it. I need also to do some maths to check.

More informations in the next episode

Bidus

well acording with my high level maths and the material I have to compare. The Lintz Binder 4204 with the 50mm ring should be the right one but it is very tight.

To confirm that I have ordered one in order to chack. Hope to have it by friday

Bidus

ilias

Hello, @fatzep

Everything you mentioned in you’re post is very good info.
So my albums are stored the same way with the “Life” Bags/Boards. I also use the top-loaders its Hugh,but looks great! Also the board for the albums is very very important since magazines & comic books have something that’s normal called “spinal damage” the board helps prevent that and also attracts all the acid from the album.

The sticker packets I use team bags too fits good and looks good!

Last for me is the most importantly part of the collection the stickers. I use Sleeves and Top-Loaders and a BCW Shoe box. A lot of people tell me that’s an expensive way to collect, but peace of mind is more important. The sleeves I use are Ultra-Pro/BCW and the Top-Loaders Ultra-Pro.
When it comes to sleeves it’s a material called polypropylene and I’ve been trying to get my hands on Mylar sleeves, but too complicated to obtain.
When you placed you’re sticker with a backing board inside the sleeve I thought about that too, but I think they are fine in the sleeve and Top-Loader.

Anyways good post.

Bidus

Hello Guys,

Well the Lintz Binder 4204 with 304mm large is not enough, still at least 6mm more is needed. To be ok the binder with 50 or 60 mm ring must have the Following dimensions : 320mm x 320mm in order to properly insert the 1 Pocket Masterphil sleeve.

This kind of binders does not exist, so I asked a UK company producing custom Polypropylene Binders if they can build it with the custom dimensions we need.

Keep you informed.

bidus

argollo

Guys what do you use to protect Fifa 365 packets?
I'm using a 4*6 picture protector but it's not ideal as it's massive.

redwhite

Guys what do you use to protect Fifa 365 packets?
I'm using a 4*6 picture protector but it's not ideal as it's massive.
For sealed packets I'm using pocket sleeves, which are all stored together in ring binders.
The bigger FIFA365 packs can be stored in the vertical 4 pocket sleeves (MM4 vertical), the 2017 packs can be stored in the 6 pockets (MM6)

On the picture you see the UK based Multi Master sleeves, but you also have the Italian Master Phil sleeves.
Actually I'm using 2 ring binders for my packs, but I'm planning to replace them by 4 ring binders.

update: Please take also a look at the video posted here (from 3:40) by @fatzep

Last edited:

Dieter

Great post about storage!
I'm a little behind with storage (read i have to store about 5k stickers and 20ish albums), but this post makes me willing to catch up again ;)
Will post some pics soon of that hopefully

redwhite

Every storage option has his + and - points.

Personally I'm not planning to buy more of the German EICHNER 4 ring-binders with slipcase. I switched a part of my classic 2 ring binders, but the cardboard and slipcase is not strong enough to keep it vertically. I have to put something between the staple to put it vertical.e Also very unpractical to take a binder out of the slipcase.

IMG_6498.JPG

IMG_6499.JPG

IMG_6500.JPG

yumboal27

Every storage option has his + and - points.

Personally I'm not planning to buy more of the German EICHNER 4 ring-binders with slipcase. I switched a part of my classic 2 ring binders, but the cardboard and slipcase is not strong enough to keep it vertically. I have to put something between the staple to put it vertical.e Also very unpractical to take a binder out of the slipcase.

View attachment 13290

View attachment 13291

View attachment 13292
Congratulations. What an impeccable way to store collections. Every photo you upload is a mouth opener. Congratulations again

Last edited by a moderator: