Panini Calciatori 2018-2019

byoplayer

That will be very disappointing. I will have any interest in buying a collection a week before they release the 2019-2020 collection. It was a little weird that the other collections (French, Portuguese, among others) did not had been released yet, but December????

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Panini always release the complete collection for international collectors, outside Italy. Normally, March or April. I'm waiting for it, or else it is very expensive for outside collectors, with limited options to swap stickers.
I have a friend who's interested in buying the complete set, but he's worried that he will not get the newspaper stickers and also the winter market ones... So I ask if you buy in Panini the full set, it comes also with those stickers?

byoplayer

The newspaper stickers that are released early in the year, normally come with the pack. However, the second part that is released later you have to request it. Normally, it comes for free.

Unfortunately, I think that they will put the entire collection out not in march/ april, as I expected. I had the same answer of december. That will be very stupid...I don't want a collection of 2018-2019 in december 2019, when all the teams and palyers are different. Does not make any sense

Jamiepr74

The newspaper stickers that are released early in the year, normally come with the pack. However, the second part that is released later you have to request it. Normally, it comes for free.
Instead of requesting the newspaper stickers, I usually buy them on ebay........

byoplayer

So, Panini just wrote me, confirming that this year the collection will be only available at 15 of december. There was a change in policies within Panini and they decided to wait one year, before putting the collection avialable in others countries.

It is a very stupid decision in my opinion. I don't understand what will be the interest in buying the entire collection next year, with a new season ongoing. They probably want to make more money for external countreis, through online markets. However and in my opinion, it will be very difficult for a regular collector, like me, to buy boxes from Italy (probably between 150 and 300€ to almost finish the collection) and collect also some others collections that may be released in Spain.

Panini is getting very gridy

Only Good Stickers

Usually at the end of the season (in the summer) you can find a full set for 60-70 euros on Ebay.
That's I think the easiest and cheapest way to get it.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So, Panini just wrote me, confirming that this year the collection will be only available at 15 of december. There was a change in policies within Panini and they decided to wait one year, before putting the collection avialable in others countries.

It is a very stupid decision in my opinion. I don't understand what will be the interest in buying the entire collection next year, with a new season ongoing. They probably want to make more money for external countreis, through online markets. However and in my opinion, it will be very difficult for a regular collector, like me, to buy boxes from Italy (probably between 150 and 300€ to almost finish the collection) and collect also some others collections that may be released in Spain.

Panini is getting very gridy
So basically they are only selling when next season collection is coming out... I suppose it's for all sets, at least I can't see other league sets on sale, like the portuguese one that was released already half year ago.

They should give a more precise answer to concerned buyers about why such delay, which is why I'm tagging @Caniggia... you know anything about this change, Emiliano?

byoplayer

Yeah. Basically, they will release all the complete collections with a year of difference. Calciatori was released 15 of december 2018, so...it will available for collectors in 15 of december 2019. The same to ALL the others collections, one year of difference. It was what they wrote me. New strategie in the market

The solution that they wrote me is to make a offline request for the album and boxes. They will make a specific secure method for payment to me and I will pay. In my head, I need at least two boxes of 100 packs, which will cost me 140 €, more shippment (20€, based on the latter prices), more the album. And that won't assure that I will finish the collection. If not, I will have very limited access to trades. Maybe laststickers or something like that. For me it is ver yeasy to finish a collection in Spain, trading in different webpages or even in the street.

Buying the entire set was the easy way to have this collection. If I want to make one of two new collections this year (e.g. Road to Euro or Women's world cup) and also Calciaotri 2018-19, I will not have money for food. :p

And, they forget that normally, the people that buy this entire sets, are the one that expend in their country, hundred and hundred of euros, to complete extremelly complicatd collections like La Liga Este.

Dont understand their need to change everything

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yeah. Basically, they will release all the complete collections with a year of difference. Calciatori was released 15 of december 2018, so...it will available for collectors in 15 of december 2019. The same to ALL the others collections, one year of difference. It was what they wrote me. New strategie in the market

The solution that they wrote me is to make a offline request for the album and boxes. They will make a specific secure method for payment to me and I will pay. In my head, I need at least two boxes of 100 packs, which will cost me 140 €, more shippment (20€, based on the latter prices), more the album. And that won't assure that I will finish the collection. If not, I will have very limited access to trades. Maybe laststickers or something like that. For me it is ver yeasy to finish a collection in Spain, trading in different webpages or even in the street.

Buying the entire set was the easy way to have this collection. If I want to make one of two new collections this year (e.g. Road to Euro or Women's world cup) and also Calciaotri 2018-19, I will not have money for food. :p

And, they forget that normally, the people that buy this entire sets, are the one that expend in their country, hundred and hundred of euros, to complete extremelly complicatd collections like La Liga Este.

It'll be obvious that their sales will be much lower... By the time they start selling, buyers either have found alernatives (even if more expensive) or don't care anymore as many just want to collect whatever is trending at the time.

I got a 100-box, a 60-box and starter... 167 packets is 835 stickers, which for me is more than enough for me... I don't know if people already know, but you can now buy stickers from different collections in Panini International website, including the leagues around Europe (italian, french, spanish, portuguese, etc), which is where I'm planning to order the toughest ones I'll be missing... It also includes those C stickers released.

Most likely their change is all about legal issues... It always is in my opinion.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

It'll be obvious that their sales will be much lower... By the time they start selling, buyers either have found alernatives (even if more expensive) or don't care anymore as many just want to collect whatever is trending at the time.

I got a 100-box, a 60-box and starter... 167 packets is 835 stickers, which for me is more than enough for me... I don't know if people already know, but you can now buy stickers from different collections in Panini International website, including the leagues around Europe (italian, french, spanish, portuguese, etc), which is where I'm planning to order the toughest ones I'll be missing... It also includes those C stickers released.

Most likely their change is all about legal issues... It always is in my opinion.