Panini Adrenalyn XL Premier League 2024/2025

GStephens

For anyone that may have been feeling sympathy for Panini losing the Premier League license, it looks like to commemorate their last season for a while they've decided to expand the parallel infection into this as well:

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 17.02.37.png

So that's a price increase and the addition of numbered parallels, which is something that absolutely nobody asked for. I would say it's ended up being karma for Panini that they lost the license but it's gone to Topps so that's just another competition that's been ruined for collectors old and new entirely.

LFC1892

Contributor
It was only a matter of time. They introduced the stupid parallels for WC Qatar sticker collection so am not surprised.

Price increase will be blamed on "inflation" or rising price of paper. :rolleyes:

I have every Panini PL collection so far and will do this as well but will stop once Topps takes over for 25/26 season.

Edit: Just read the packets now have 8 cards instead of 6. Still 2 quid more than the usual Kick off multi packs of seasons before.

Last edited:

GStephens

Edit: Just read the packets now have 8 cards instead of 6. Still 2 quid more than the usual Kick off multi packs of seasons before.
I saw that Alan said that too but I couldn't see it on the Panini site so I didn't put that in until it was confirmed. Still more expensive though as you say. I expected it to come in at £5.99 like the England Adrenalyn did but to go another quid over that stinks of greed.

LFC1892

Contributor
What's more greedy is that the KO multi packs are a "Preview" of the collection which means not all the sub-sets will be included nor are the precious Golden Ballers. The price was £4.99 for these now its £6.99 just to have a chance of a # Saka LE card. Get over Panini.

serbia2009

Panini Site

Kick-Off Multipacks. Start your collection early with a select preview mix of the Premier League Adrenalyn XL™ 2025 Official Trading Card Game. Each Multipack contains 4 trading card packets to kick-start your collection, plus 1 blind-wrapped Bukayo Saka Limited Edition card! (This could be the standard LE card or 1 of 4 numbered parallel variant cards). Each packet contains 8 trading cards.

GStephens

It's got worse today, new prices taken from Alan's blog and I've added the old prices next to them:

25-07-2024. Kick-Off Multipack £6.99 (up from £3.99)
08-08-2024. Main Collection - Starter Pack £8.99 (up from £7.99)
08-08-2024. Main Collection - Packets £1.80 (up from £1)
08-08-2024. Main Collection - Multipack £6.99 (up from £5.99)
08-08-2024. Main Collection - Multiset £11.99 (up from £9.99)
22-08-2024. Pocket Tin £10.99 (up from £8.99)
22-08-2024. Mega Tin £14.99 (up from £11.99)
12-09-2024. Countdown Calendar £35.00 (up from £30)

No information yet on how many packets in each but with only 2 extra cards per packet in the kick-off multipacks it looks like a disgraceful price increase. You would have to assume that the normal multipack includes 2 limited editions still so that at the same price is better value than the kick-off ones that only have a selection of the cards available in them and no chance of golden ballers.

Also news on the parallels. There is a Ruby parallel /100 and also an Onyx parallel /1 so most of the parallels available are going to as crap as you would expect for those that care in the first place.

Basically stealing from customers to cover the loss of license after this year. Just as bad as Topps and indefensible. Not a good sign for the World Cup in 2026!

LFC1892

Contributor
Disgraceful price increase is an understatement.

All the products will contain useless, meaningless parallels that will take away from actual regular cards to finish the set which means spending more dosh to get the them needed cards.

Panini taking the same pathway as the other thieving competitor with their parallels for Match Attax.