Panini Adrenalyn XL FIFA World Cup Russia 2018

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Since the World Cup 2014 I use an extra binder for all the Limited Editions because if you go for more than the limited editions that are available in your own country there is always not enough space in the binder. So I have the Limited Editions from 2014, 2016 & 2018 in one binder.

Made a binder update video with the Limited Edition cards from the 2018 World Cup. Tried the order from the Panini sheets above with some litte modifications:
1st: Separated Standard and Premium Limiteds
2nd: Teams in the same order like in the collection
3rd: Position on the field (GK, DF, MF, ST - like Panini did)
4th: First letter of the name on the card.
Filled the blank spaces with some monochrome prints to visualize my full sorting of the 117 normal sized Limited Editions

Here you can see the result:

If it helps someone who is currently still unsure about how to store the LEs in the binder, it was already worth it :)
The black&white paper for the missing cards was a very nice idea ;)

1st and 2nd I did it like you, but for the rest, I based on the brazilian LE list. But I also did some modifications to the order, because I don't like to split teams among pages (unless you have more than 9 cards, as it happens with Spain and Iceland). For example, instead of Argentina and splitting Australiaamong two pages, I joined Argentina and Belgium (4+5) and then Australia (9).
One in eBay, also selling in a Polish webshop F.....p.pl :)
Finnishop.pl? :rolleyes:

Ole

The black&white paper for the missing cards was a very nice idea ;)

1st and 2nd I did it like you, but for the rest, I based on the brazilian LE list. But I also did some modifications to the order, because I don't like to split teams among pages (unless you have more than 9 cards, as it happens with Spain and Iceland). For example, instead of Argentina and splitting Australiaamong two pages, I joined Argentina and Belgium (4+5) and then Australia (9).
So everyone has his own, favourite order. ;)

And it's not so easy to find one, even if you follow Paninis order. The list posted above also includes some oddities: In the collection we have first SUI then SWE. The Limited Edition list posted above has first SWE, then SUI :rolleyes:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So everyone has his own, favourite order. ;)

And it's not so easy to find one, even if you follow Paninis order. The list posted above also includes some oddities: In the collection we have first SUI then SWE. The Limited Edition list posted above has first SWE, then SUI :rolleyes:
In the collection, Panini uses the english names, except for Spain (España) and Switzerland (Suisse)... Saudi Arabia seems wrong too, but it's Kingdom of Saudi Arabia... Then for the LE list, they use all names in english.

I used the same as collection, even though the LE list is uniformed with the english names.

Ole

The last collections of Panini were always sorted according to the FIFA County Code, if I'm not wrong. Seems that they forgot to give that information to the guy who made this LE list ;-)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The last collections of Panini were always sorted according to the FIFA County Code, if I'm not wrong. Seems that they forgot to give that information to the guy who made this LE list ;-)
Those county codes should have been uniformized, unless there was some repetition, which in both Switzerland and Spain cases, there isn't. If the rule for most countries was using the acronyms for the english names (like Germany is GER instead of DEU), then Spain and Switzerland should have been SPA and SWI.

Ole

Those county codes should have been uniformized, unless there was some repetition, which in both Switzerland and Spain cases, there isn't. If the rule for most countries was using the acronyms for the english names (like Germany is GER instead of DEU), then Spain and Switzerland should have been SPA and SWI.
That one you have to negotiate with the FIFA ;) Seems not so easy if you look at all the differences between FIFA an IOC Country Codes. And if you then take a look at the ISO 3166-1 Codes - the ones that are published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) you have to clarify a lot more differences. Interesting thing related to your requirement: In all three versions it's alwasy ESP for Spain!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That one you have to negotiate with the FIFA ;) Seems not so easy if you look at all the differences between FIFA an IOC Country Codes. And if you then take a look at the ISO 3166-1 Codes - the ones that are published by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) you have to clarify a lot more differences. Interesting thing related to your requirement: In all three versions it's alwasy ESP for Spain!
It's a mess, nonetheless. ISO codes are supposed to be the standard choice, so I don't understand why FIFA and IOC just changed it for some countries... Spain I agree to be ESP, ISO 2-letter is ES too, but why Germany has changed? Of course I'm not demanding anyone to answer me here, but it doesn't make any sense for me.

I also remember Germany was considered Deutschland in 2014 World Cup Adrenalyn. Same in Euro 2016, where they appear before England and Spain (España), but now was Germany in 2018, placed after France. Same thing happened with Croatia, Hrvatska in 2014 and 2016... So why not Spain and Switzerland too? The countries didn't allow the change, as Germany and Croatia did, maybe? Just curious about these differences for FIFA.

Ole

It's a mess, nonetheless. ISO codes are supposed to be the standard choice, so I don't understand why FIFA and IOC just changed it for some countries... Spain I agree to be ESP, ISO 2-letter is ES too, but why Germany has changed? Of course I'm not demanding anyone to answer me here, but it doesn't make any sense for me.
Must have grown historically and now most people will think that it's too much effort to change it.

I also remember Germany was considered Deutschland in 2014 World Cup Adrenalyn. Same in Euro 2016, where they appear before England and Spain (España), but now was Germany in 2018, placed after France. Same thing happened with Croatia, Hrvatska in 2014 and 2016... So why not Spain and Switzerland too? The countries didn't allow the change, as Germany and Croatia did, maybe? Just curious about these differences for FIFA.
You're right, in the earlier collections Panini ordered the countries mostly based on their names in their own language. FIFA 2017 and Road to Russia 2018 were the first AXL collections with the new FIFA country code order.

phantasma

Hi,
I bought Panini cards - Russia 2018 to my son and we don't know what do mean 4 numbers at right bottom.
Please help :)
thanx

iulian2000

hello

Can you recommend me some sites where I can buy Panini Cards especially LE at good prices?
I am interested in those who deliver also in Romania
Thank you!!!

Pinks666

It is one of the 19 XXL cards released in the collection.
https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.com/2018/02/panini-adrenalyn-xl-fifa-world-cup-2018_85.html

I think Normal size LE final count is 117.
It is one of the 19 XXL cards released in the collection.
https://cartophilic-info-exch.blogspot.com/2018/02/panini-adrenalyn-xl-fifa-world-cup-2018_85.html

I think Normal size LE final count is 117.
Hello, thanks for the quick reply, and forvthe confirmation, this is where I found my list with only 36 LE in my album lots of work a head

Attachments