Panini Adrenalyn XL EURO 2020

ElNilfo

Salling Group (owner of supermarkets Bilka, Føtex and toy store BR in Denmark) are removing the products for Euro 2020 from the shelves now. The supermarkets have been told to hold back the items until next spring. The prices have been rather cheap in Denmark compared to the other/earlier cards from Panini, but the prices are now back to normal for the remaining stock on shelves.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Salling Group (owner of supermarkets Bilka, Føtex and toy store BR in Denmark) are removing the products for Euro 2020 from the shelves now. The supermarkets have been told to hold back the items until next spring. The prices have been rather cheap in Denmark compared to the other/earlier cards from Panini, but the prices are now back to normal for the remaining stock on shelves.
Hold back until next spring? Panini is supposed to make a new set in 2021, no way this 2020 set can be the same in 2021... New players in squads, possibly the last 4 teams already known... Panini itself even added the Preview name, just like they did in stickers.

It doesn't seem a Panini decision but that Salling Group decision, thinking this Euro 2020 Preview set is the official one... it was, until the pandemic started in Europe, but not anymore.

LFC1892

Contributor
Hold back until next spring? Panini is supposed to make a new set in 2021, no way this 2020 set can be the same in 2021... New players in squads, possibly the last 4 teams already known... Panini itself even added the Preview name, just like they did in stickers.

It doesn't seem a Panini decision but that Salling Group decision, thinking this Euro 2020 Preview set is the official one... it was, until the pandemic started in Europe, but not anymore.
100% With you on this one, i said it before. Panini will make a new collection with new squad players and playoff team winners as well. There's tons of money to be made by Panini once they release a new 2021 collection.
This 2020 one will go down as a "collectors item" that will be worth tons in 10-20 years time.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
This 2020 one will go down as a "collectors item" that will be worth tons in 10-20 years time.
Nah, don't think so... Panini still released quite the stock for this, remember it began to be released a month before the pandemic reached Europe in full force... But of course, I may be wrong, would be actually nice to happen, as I invested more than usual in this set :p

yorick

To me it seems as if the LE-RB (Ryan Babel) has not been released in the NL at all. I bought 12 Starter Packs a few weeks ago without getting a single LE-RB.
Yesterday I went to my Panini Dealer of choice and he allowed me to open 6 Big Tin as well as 11 Small Tin Boxes. No LE-RB neither.
Not sure about your experience but this year’s release strategy by Panini is the worst ever.

maspero

According to Collectosk site, LE-RB has been released only in Netherlands .... Since I see the card sold on Ebay, if not in Netherlands, where else has been released?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
To me it seems as if the LE-RB (Ryan Babel) has not been released in the NL at all. I bought 12 Starter Packs a few weeks ago without getting a single LE-RB.
Yesterday I went to my Panini Dealer of choice and he allowed me to open 6 Big Tin as well as 11 Small Tin Boxes. No LE-RB neither.
Not sure about your experience but this year’s release strategy by Panini is the worst ever.
Checking ebay sold listings, there's different sellers from different countries. One german has sold Babel's like crazy since April, still is. Probably this one gets the limiteds from some Panini source.

The others are from Netherlands, Belgium and even UK. These were sold in May/June, so they may be limiteds re-sold from the german seller.

So I didn't find any proof Babel is released in the Netherlands.

About release strategy from Panini... I think it's actually one of the best so far, most limiteds are not that hard to find, with the exception of Babel... even the second toughest ones, the finnish, are well known where to find.

Jza63

One german has sold Babel's like crazy since April, still is. Probably this one gets the limiteds from some Panini source.

So I didn't find any proof Babel is released in the Netherlands.
I think this German guy has huge sources everywhere since he is selling always the most rare cards from around the world first. And endless amount yes.

On the other hand, the 2 only Babel swappers I have seen in LS, have both been from Netherlands. They were also selling Babels at some point.

Finnish rare limiteds (Raitala, Hradecky and Kamara) you get from Finnish Starters and Giftboxes.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Could I politely ask you "where"? :)
@Jza63 answered it, in finnish starters and giftboxes (not mini-tins), completely random out of more than 100 possible limiteds (you need to be lucky)... what a surprise finding rare finnish limiteds in Finland, right? :D

That's why Babel is, without a doubt, the toughest LE in this set.

I think this German guy has huge sources everywhere since he is selling always the most rare cards from around the world first. And endless amount yes.

On the other hand, the 2 only Babel swappers I have seen in LS, have both been from Netherlands. They were also selling Babels at some point.

Finnish rare limiteds (Raitala, Hradecky and Kamara) you get from Finnish Starters and Giftboxes.
Maybe Babel appeared just in early dutch products... you know, like what happened with the XXL limiteds in last finnish starters?

Since this time, tins are not closed, there may be a small chance of people convincing sellers to show what limiteds were inside and grabbing all the Babel's they could find.

maspero

@Jza63 answered it, in finnish starters and giftboxes (not mini-tins), completely random out of more than 100 possible limiteds (you need to be lucky)... what a surprise finding rare finnish limiteds in Finland, right? :D
Given the odds, I think I will buy the finnish cards on the bay or on LS, waiting for the prices to go down a bit ...

Philip

Available in which product?
The new XXL card, that is only available when buying Adrenalyn XL Euro 2020 products direct from Panini France's website, which means it's only available to customers in France and Monaco.

ElNilfo

Had a conversation with an employee from Panini and asked:
"A quick question. Will there be an entirely new Euro 2020 collection next year, or do you plan the re-release the current collection/supplement it? "
The answer was:
"To answer your question, as far as I’m aware there should be a new collection for the rescheduled EURO 2020 event to be held next year."

Ole

After a long time and several inquiries, Panini has now confirmed what we had suspected for a long time:

There will be no Niklas Süle LE, he was replaced by Emre Can shortly before the release.

This means that the data on Panini's websites, which still lists Niklas Süle, hasn't just been updated.