Panini 2016 Donruss Soccer

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
no I meant for that money you could have had bough a sealed box from any online card shop
He probably wrote the price in canadian dollars, which is less than american dollars... For RRP in stores there, I say it's quite acceptable.

Of course, you can get a full box cheaper at online stores, but we have to also count shipping and possible customs fees.

LFC1892

Contributor
no I meant for that money you could have had bough a sealed box from any online card shop
Not really. The price for the box is 66$ US + postage + tax customs. I paid 45$ for half a box.

He probably wrote the price in canadian dollars, which is less than american dollars... For RRP in stores there, I say it's quite acceptable.

Of course, you can get a full box cheaper at online stores, but we have to also count shipping and possible customs fees.
That's right mate. It would be at least 20$ cheaper in my calculations just buying it from a hobby shop like I did yesterday.
Some here will give it tax free if you give them cash so they don't have to pay debit/interact fees as they don't have the machines.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martins

Nobody really puts $ sign if its not USD... Then it could have been Australian dollar aswell.

Mano

Sincerely...i didnt like those designed cards..i prefer that prizm collection and select panini ones...but its only my opinion...and for comparision..lets look the euro 16 adrenalyn xl design...for example the top joueur cards..beautiful...heres one friend of mine offers me those donruss 2015 collection..but serious..i dont think i want to buy one!lol
I prefer to wait about the CL and premier league by topps!
Regards!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I see there are 36 packs boxes on sale and sometimes cheaper than the 24 packs boxes... So, what's the catch for 50% more for same or less price? No autograph? Less inserts?

Bahnsen

I see there are 36 packs boxes on sale and sometimes cheaper than the 24 packs boxes... So, what's the catch for 50% more for same or less price? No autograph? Less inserts?
Good question. I cant find the catch. The hobby box promise 1 auto or one canvas per box. It seems like the ratio in the cases I have seen broken online is 12 autos in 20 boxes - autos in 60% of the hobbyboxes.
I have difficulties in finding the ratios for the retail boxes. But some sellers write 1 auto per 2 retailboxes on average.

LFC1892

Contributor
Yes they call it the "phat "fat" packs" which contains 16 cards in a 12 pack box and there is the 36 pack one that contains 8 cards. The phat ones contain more inserts that the usual 8 card ones. On average you can get 3 to 4 inserts. E-bay sellers sell them mostly because hobby shops online order mostly the "hobby" product which in this case a 24 packet box with 8 cards in each. As my video below shows.

There are also what you call a "blaster box" which contains 88 cards. There will be a certain parallel guaranteed in each blaster box.
For this collection I think you are guaranteed at least 3 exclusive Purple parallels.

Another product is what they call "hanger pack" which has less cards than the blaster box but offers a different exclusive card. It could be a red parallel or a gold one for example.

Here is a video of my 2nd box opening. Once again no Auto card but I pulled 2 numbered ones.

Here is a picture of the blaster box.

I am only short of 21 base cards to finish it and about 23 debuts left. Many sub-set cards still.
@Bahnsen I have doubles if you want to swap mate, let me know.

Last edited:

Bahnsen

I guess we got:

hobby box - 24 packs of 8 cards = 192 cards (24 insert, 24 parallel and 1 auto/canvas/mosaic guaranteed)
retail box - 36 packs of 8 cards = 288 cards (36 inserts/parallel, 3 rookie guaranteed) and I think it 1 auto in every 2 box.
blaster box - 11 packs of 8 cards = 88 cards (3 purple parallel, 3 other parallel, 4 inserts, 1 rookie guaranteed) - dont know about autos
box with 12 "fat packs" of 24 cards = 288 cards (1 swirloroma, 3 parallel/inserts per pack = 36 per box guaranteed) - dont know about autos

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I guess we got:

hobby box - 24 packs of 8 cards = 192 cards (24 insert, 24 parallel and 1 auto/canvas/mosaic guaranteed)
retail box - 36 packs of 8 cards = 288 cards (36 inserts/parallel, 3 rookie guaranteed) and I think it 1 auto in every 2 box.
blaster box - 11 packs of 8 cards = 88 cards (3 purple parallel, 3 other parallel, 4 inserts, 1 rookie guaranteed) - dont know about autos
box with 12 "fat packs" of 24 cards = 288 cards (1 swirloroma, 3 parallel/inserts per pack = 36 per box guaranteed) - dont know about autos
Ok, then each type of box has it's pro and cons... The hobby box is definitely the best in terms of specials ratio per card (25% of the cards are special) and around 50 specials per box... So the catch for the retail box being cheaper is just one special per pack, mostly 3 or 4 with specials (and still no auto guaranteed).

I saw also those blaster boxes and price is cheap too (comparing with the hobby boxes), only worth a bit for those purple... Well, I was tempted to buy something from this, but I guess I'll pass and focus only on Adrenalyn... Perhaps when boxes are cheaper, like 2015 collection.

Bahnsen

Ok, then each type of box has it's pro and cons... The hobby box is definitely the best in terms of specials ratio per card (25% of the cards are special) and around 50 specials per box... So the catch for the retail box being cheaper is just one special per pack, mostly 3 or 4 with specials (and still no auto guaranteed).

I saw also those blaster boxes and price is cheap too (comparing with the hobby boxes), only worth a bit for those purple... Well, I was tempted to buy something from this, but I guess I'll pass and focus only on Adrenalyn... Perhaps when boxes are cheaper, like 2015 collection.
Well I might have got the ratios wrong. Maybe its 36 inserts + 36 parallels in the retails boxes.
I have ordered one blaster box and one b0x with fat packs. I am curious about the purple and the swirlorama cards. People are asking about those cards on some breakers homepage - I might be able to sell those cards overpriced ;-)

Anyway, I am always a bit worried about buying single boxes, where the the hits arent guaranteed or boxes from sets with "casehits". I am always afraid of the sellers selling boxes from cases, where they know the hits are pulled already making good hits almost impossible.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well I might have got the ratios wrong. Maybe its 36 inserts + 36 parallels in the retails boxes.
I have ordered one blaster box and one b0x with fat packs. I am curious about the purple and the swirlorama cards. People are asking about those cards on some breakers homepage - I might be able to sell those cards overpriced ;-)

Anyway, I am always a bit worried about buying single boxes, where the the hits arent guaranteed or boxes from sets with "casehits". I am always afraid of the sellers selling boxes from cases, where they know the hits are pulled already making good hits almost impossible.
Nah, it's problaby right your first assumption about the 36 boxes, they must be like that so the value is the same as the 24 boxes.

Yes, the problem buying single boxes from known sellers, which are also breakers (most of them at least), is exactly that... Per case, there's always one wonder box and if they find it without opening all boxes, then they keep aside the unopened boxes, knowing the case hit was already found... The only way to avoid is entering a break or buying a case... I see some facebook groups members from the same country joining together to buy a case... Maybe you can find a danish group there and can join them.

Bahnsen

I have been joining breaks with a guy in the US the last year. That works great. Only problem is, that joining breaks are too addictive for me :)

Anyway I am not buying more Donruss this year. A couple of boxes are enough for me. I am not going to complete the all the subsets.
I am doing the Fifa365 again this year (not going for the LE) because F.C. Copenhagen is in it. And I guess I have to do the Champions League products aswell for the same reason. :)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I have been joining breaks with a guy in the US the last year. That works great. Only problem is, that joining breaks are too addictive for me :)

Anyway I am not buying more Donruss this year. A couple of boxes are enough for me. I am not going to complete the all the subsets.
I am doing the Fifa365 again this year (not going for the LE) because F.C. Copenhagen is in it. And I guess I have to do the Champions League products aswell for the same reason. :)
I know, I also see many people here in Portugal joining so many breaks that it just takes minutes to fill one... Not my case anyway, as I prefer to open all the stuff myself, which is always my main pleasure :D

Then after you receive those Donruss products, let us know what you got ;)

Bahnsen

I know, I also see many people here in Portugal joining so many breaks that it just takes minutes to fill one... Not my case anyway, as I prefer to open all the stuff myself, which is always my main pleasure :D

Will do.

Bahnsen

Ok, then each type of box has it's pro and cons... The hobby box is definitely the best in terms of specials ratio per card (25% of the cards are special) and around 50 specials per box... So the catch for the retail box being cheaper is just one special per pack, mostly 3 or 4 with specials (and still no auto guaranteed)..
By mistake I got a retailbox in the mail yesterday. I thought I had ordered a hobbybox :oops:
You were right about the amount of inserts and parallel cards. Only one per pack. This is by the way a complete fraud since the box states "every pack delivers an insert and a parallel, on average". I have opened about 20 and none of them had more than one insert/parallel. I guess I am a very unlucky person.....
By the way most of them were silver and gold parallel - almost no insertcards.

Only good thing about the box is that 20 packs into the box I have almost not pulled any doubles making it great for getting a complete baseset. This was by the way the same last year. I bought 3 hobbyboxes and think I got almost 3 complete basesets.

Last edited:

Bahnsen

Completed the opening of the 36 pack retail box.

Every pack contained this:
4 cards on top was all basecards numbered 100 or above
1 insert or parallel card
3 cards in buttom all basecards numbered 99 or less

The 36 insert/parallel was these:

3 dominators
5 picture perfect
4 production line
4 accomplishments
6 gold base parallels
9 silver base parallels (blank silver)
5 silver base parallels ("sparkling" silver) (is this what is called "holographic?)

On the plus-side:
I got a complete base set (1-200)

On the negative-side:
Not enough inserts
No Die-cuts, Canvas, Mosaic or autos.

Conclussion on the retailbox:
Do not buy this. With no numbered cards and no autos, its not worth the money. Its probably possible to buy the base set online for a third of the price of this.

Last edited:

LFC1892

Contributor
Finished opening my 36 pack retail box today and this is the best of the bunch.

Lovely, can't complain even though I got my second Messi 35th anniversary card.

Also finished all 200 base set. Very easy.

Attachments

Bahnsen

Opened one blaster box today. Thats 11 packs of 8 cards in each.
As expected I didnt get any numbered cards or autos.

I got
4 purple - one of those is a Debut (3 purple is promised)
2 gold
2 silver
1 production line
2 picture perfect
1 dominator
1 accomplishments

Nothing great (not worth the money), but I did hit one more purple than promised, and 13 inserts in 11 packs isnt that bad.

Bahnsen

Finished opening my 36 pack retail box today and this is the best of the bunch.

Lovely, can't complain even though I got my second Messi 35th anniversary card.

Also finished all 200 base set. Very easy.
Nice cards.

I have now opened a 36 pack retail box, a blaster box and a full box of 12 "fat packs" (24 cards per pack) and I still haven't seen any numbered cards, any 35th anniversary cards, any canvas/mosaic or any autos. In other words, the 3 boxes haven't had any cards worth more than the cardboard they are printed on.

Oh well, if I run out of toiletpaper some day I can use the cards.... :confused: