Panini 2015 Donruss Soccer

Bahnsen

Very expensive that shop... The crew I mentioned usually order around 20 boxes and they don't pay more than 80 dollars per box, with customs included... A fellow spanish youtuber actually bought from a shop which is clearing the boxes:

http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-cards/2015-panini-donruss-soccer-hobby-box

You welcome ;)
This might be a stupid question: What does clearing boxes mean?

Anyway, I havent seen the cards "live", but I like the design from pictures and videos. I have ordered a couple of boxes. They should arrive next week.

Helios

Contributor
Clearing price means that the seller is making place in his storage room for new stuff..so he sells very cheap just to get rid of it..normally that only happens with rather old stuff, but for sure you can make a bargain..

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yep, it's what Helios wrote, they have too many in stock and want to "clear" everything or at least, a good bunch of those articles.

For me, it seems a huge bargain, mostly if you buy some boxes... I tried with LFC1892 country, Canada, and you can get 3 boxes for $150, so $50 each... If I hadn't other collections to attend and the expensive customs from outside European Union, I would buy 2 or 3 for myself... Also, I don't like so much the design nor I'm an autographs fan.

Bahnsen

The standard price seems to be $40 pr. box right now. Do you guys think the price will drop even more, or should I buy my 20-box case now :)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The standard price seems to be $40 pr. box right now. Do you guys think the price will drop even more, or should I buy my 20-box case now :)
Considering now people are getting mad with Select, maybe they will drop even more... But you never know.

LFC1892

Contributor
Went to the sports hobby shop today and picked up 7 packs/5$ each and man did I get some sweet stuff.
Box was 110$ tax in, haggled but owner only willing to go as low as 105$ so said f**k it, didn't buy it.

DSC05707.JPG DSC05709.JPG DSC05710.JPG

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@LFC1892 buying full boxes from that shop was no good? At least you got the autograph and a limited numbered card.

LFC1892

Contributor
@LFC1892 buying full boxes from that shop was no good? At least you got the autograph and a limited numbered card.
I thought if I can get 2 boxes cheaper from the site you provided me with then why pay 105$ for one box when I can get 2 boxes for 155$. ;)

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yep, but you still spent $35 dollars for just 7 packs... Luckily, you got the autograph there, but imagine buying boxes for $50 and you get much more of those special ones.

I tried 3 boxes with a Toronto address and you would pay around 150/160 USD, with shipping included... Do you pay taxes from US products?

LFC1892

Contributor
Yep, but you still spent $35 dollars for just 7 packs... Luckily, you got the autograph there, but imagine buying boxes for $50 and you get much more of those special ones.

I tried 3 boxes with a Toronto address and you would pay around 150/160 USD, with shipping included... Do you pay taxes from US products?
No I don't pay taxes. With the currency rate at the moment I got around 155$ all in for 2 boxes. Not a bad deal I might do it next week, have not decided yet.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
No I don't pay taxes. With the currency rate at the moment I got around 155$ all in for 2 boxes. Not a bad deal I might do it next week, have not decided yet.
I see, canadian dolar is less valuable than US dolar... It' still basically a bit more than $50 dollars each, so I would go for it, if I could.

Helios

Contributor
Also, I don't like so much the design nor I'm an autographs fan.
I would even go further and say the look is awful, but I never had one in my hands.
Those little footballs in the frame of the Koke card..very childish.

LFC1892

Contributor
I would even go further and say the look is awful, but I never had one in my hands.
don't forget this is the 1st time Panini America release a Int'l footy collection. The new Select collection with Prizm technology is lovely.

LFC1892

Contributor
I see, canadian dolar is less valuable than US dolar... It' still basically a bit more than $50 dollars each, so I would go for it, if I could.
yeh for sure its weaker $ than the US, weakest its been for 10 years or so. shipping 30$ is not bad considering its going from the East coast to the West.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That's one of many reasons why this collection is cheap than the usual high-grade investment cards.......

don't forget this is the 1st time Panini America release a Int'l footy collection. The new Select collection with Prizm technology is lovely.
..... And this is why Select boxes are getting more and more expensive since it was released.

Currently:
- $40 USD for a 24-pack Donruss box, 8 cards each pack, 1 autograph per box;
- $200 USD for a 12-pack Select box, 5 cards each pack, 3 autographs per box;

LFC1892

Contributor
It's not that bad of a collection if you have the cards in hand, some of the sub-sets are well made.

One thing that's a bit cringe worthy is the info on the back of the cards.

Using terms like NETMINDER instead of Goalkeeper among other American terminologies.

Bahnsen

The prices are now down to $30 per box. And it will probably keep dropping now that prism and flawless soon hit the marked.

Baul de Futbol

Ok, this an ancient collection now, but there are still hobby boxes around on e-bay. I buy one (like US$25) like 3 weeks ago, and get one Lavezzi signed, wich is like, at this moment, like dont get anything, hahaha. Well, I miss just one card of the base set, and get some oparallels. But I will not buy another box in anyway.

14798892_1100279786752339_970639589_n.jpg