Panini 2015 Donruss Soccer

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Really doubt this one will ever reach Portugal, even if Prizm made it (which was very surprising)... Nonetheless, I'm can't see all the hype here, many cards seems too blunt, no appeal in it... But as I said many times here, I'm not an autograph fan and this has a lot of them.

Football Cards

Really doubt this one will ever reach Portugal, even if Prizm made it (which was very surprising)... Nonetheless, I'm can't see all the hype here, many cards seems too blunt, no appeal in it... But as I said many times here, I'm not an autograph fan and this has a lot of them.
Agree almost 100 per cent with you. Prizm surprised me a lot and it reach at least some stores when the WC was already over but still it had some pretty good sales like I said before from what I heard (didn´t collect the set). And if the collection is released here I believe it will be maybe next year...
I´m not an autograph fan ,because they are rare to get and increase a lot the price of the collection, specially when they are so many in the set... as you said. But the context of collecting cards on America Collectors is completely different to us here in Europe, there is no concept of finished collection to them with so many auto and paralels it´s impossible, there concept of collecting is to find the rarest and valuable cards.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Agree almost 100 per cent with you. Prizm surprised me a lot and it reach at least some stores when the WC was already over but still it had some pretty good sales like I said before from what I heard (didn´t collect the set). And if the collection is released here I believe it will be maybe next year...
I´m not an autograph fan ,because they are rare to get and increase a lot the price of the collection, specially when they are so many in the set... as you said. But the context of collecting cards on America Collectors is completely different to us here in Europe, there is no concept of finished collection to them with so many auto and paralels it´s impossible, there concept of collecting is to find the rarest and valuable cards.
It'll only be released here if Panini wants to compete with that Topps collection... But Prizm was released here with no warning, so I'll not predict anything else with these "investment" collections.

Yep, that's why I don't like that concept :rolleyes: I don't like the easy stuff too, but there's nothing better than opening packs to get the most of a complete set and then find the rest (this part I'm a bit lazy)... Besides the monetary part, where buying those are always much more expensive... Sometimes I think people just buy because it's expensive, not because the cards are pretty and so... And many of these are surely ugly, but that's my opinion.

Yhosho

@dantzig @Football Cards I agree with you guys. But imagine getting a 1/1 card. That's the dream. Possibilitties are pretty slim but thats what collectors (in USA) aim for, I believe. It's about having "the best of the best" and not everything from something common. Which can get REALLY expensive. That's what has been keeping me from getting into this type of collections.

I'm still undecided to buy a box tomorrow or not. I feel like it might be like buying a expensive lotto ticket and not hitting anything close to the jackpot. :confused:

fenerbahCHE

Contributor
I find the old school look of these cards quite nice. But its disappointing that the clubs are changed for a lot of players.

I am also not sure of the pick of the players : Burak Yılmaz is a ' Fantastic Finisher' ?!?... That card could become the joke of the year in turkey.

what is 'Donruss' anyway?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@dantzig @Football Cards I agree with you guys. But imagine getting a 1/1 card. That's the dream. Possibilitties are pretty slim but thats what collectors (in USA) aim for, I believe. It's about having "the best of the best" and not everything from something common. Which can get REALLY expensive. That's what has been keeping me from getting into this type of collections.

I'm still undecided to buy a box tomorrow or not. I feel like it might be like buying a expensive lotto ticket and not hitting anything close to the jackpot. :confused:
I like all, be common to rare, as long it's affordable. I'm not striving for the "dream card", neither I'm impressed so much to pay hundreds or thousands for a foil cards with autograph, no matter how pretty it is... But I do understand how some people need to feel they have something nobody has.

Either way, I've seen prettier collections than this... I suppose prices are more affordable than Futera and such, right?

what is 'Donruss' anyway?
Russian Donut?

raj3sh

Bought 2 boxes in a group break and got 2 autos ( Luke Shaw :) & Pepe :( ) . Also there were 10 numbered parallels from the 2 boxes ( Cavani /49 , Koke /99 etc ) .

Also joined an ebay break for 2 teams ( As Monaco & Spartak ) and got 1 auto Gold parallel ( Joa Mountinho /99 ) . The ebay break was cheap ( 8 $ ) . :)

Yhosho

I bought a box, the autograph is from Andres Guardado :mad: (not a fan). But it's fine i got some other nice cards. Still opening packs (7 left). I will upload some photos once I finish.

LFC1892

Contributor
I'm gonna pass on this one. Don't think the cards are that nice to warrant the price.

DetroitStickers

Andy has a box break on his channel today which was pretty good.

Seems like a meh collection. USA card collections are pretty much shite compared to the European sets.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Bought 2 boxes in a group break and got 2 autos ( Luke Shaw :) & Pepe :( ) . Also there were 10 numbered parallels from the 2 boxes ( Cavani /49 , Koke /99 etc ) .

Also joined an ebay break for 2 teams ( As Monaco & Spartak ) and got 1 auto Gold parallel ( Joa Mountinho /99 ) . The ebay break was cheap ( 8 $ ) . :)
ebay break? What's that? And it's João Moutinho, I have to correct you because it's a player of my country ;)
Andy has a box break on his channel today which was pretty good.

Seems like a meh collection. USA card collections are pretty much shite compared to the European sets.
I saw some amazing cards already from US collections... And they have to be amazing, since US is a single card market, unlike South America and most Europe, with the sets market.

raj3sh

ebay break? What's that? And it's João Moutinho, I have to correct you because it's a player of my country ;)

Users can bid from ebay for the teams that they want and the breaker / seller will bust the cards live . We will get all the cards from the team that we won in ebay .

Thanks for correcting the name . I don't have the third letter in my keyboard :)

Aron Connolly

I purchased 8 of these boxes last week and managed to get the following Signatures although I only got 7 Sigs with Click trying to sort out my other box:

Luke Shaw - Future Star 26/99
Oribe Peralta - The Beautiful Game 61/99 (Gold?)
Andres Guardado - The Beautiful Game (Bronze? No Number)
Nikica Jelavic - The Beautiful Game 7/199 (Silver)
Giuseppe Rossi - The Beautiful Game 52/199 (Silver)
Phil Jagielka - The Beautiful Game (Bronze? No Number)
Maxi Rodriguez - The Beautiful Game (Bronze? No Number)

raj3sh

I purchased 8 of these boxes last week and managed to get the following Signatures although I only got 7 Sigs with Click trying to sort out my other box:

Luke Shaw - Future Star 26/99
Oribe Peralta - The Beautiful Game 61/99 (Gold?)
Andres Guardado - The Beautiful Game (Bronze? No Number)
Nikica Jelavic - The Beautiful Game 7/199 (Silver)
Giuseppe Rossi - The Beautiful Game 52/199 (Silver)
Phil Jagielka - The Beautiful Game (Bronze? No Number)
Maxi Rodriguez - The Beautiful Game (Bronze? No Number)
did you get any gold /10 card in the 8th box . I have seen in many breaks where autos are not present if gold is there .

LFC1892

Contributor
Managed to get the 100 base set for 6$ on E-bay and all the other 6 sub-sets for 40$. Could not pass on the deals on e-bay.

Saved so much money on buying boxes. As for the signature ones am not all that fussed on them.

It is a lovely collection have to say.

Didn't know the cards are thicker than the usual panini xl ones.

maestro

I also got the base set cheap on eBay and I am now aiming towards getting the subsets and national base variations. I really like the cards, it is nice to see "real" collector cards as opposed to the gaming cards like adrenalyn xl and match attax. Great that the US card companies seem to give some attention to football as well.

LFC1892

Contributor
I also got the base set cheap on eBay and I am now aiming towards getting the subsets and national base variations. I really like the cards, it is nice to see "real" collector cards as opposed to the gaming cards like adrenalyn xl and match attax. Great that the US card companies seem to give some attention to football as well.
Yeh I agree with you. Very nice cards with adult collectors in mind. I received the Int'l Superstars sub set yesterday and have attached some pics. Still waiting for the rest. I really like the back of the cards with the badge and info on players. DSC05702.JPG DSC05703.JPG DSC05704.JPG DSC05705.JPG

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I know a small crew here in Portugal who are absolutely enchanted with this collection, buying a lot of boxes every month (or week, I don't know)... And Select is on the verge of coming out, so imagine the madness it'll be.

As for me, I don't see the appeal with these cards, though the prices LFC1892 got some subsets seems very good... But I always prefer to build them myself, it's a good part of my amusement in this hobby.

LFC1892

Contributor
I know a small crew here in Portugal who are absolutely enchanted with this collection, buying a lot of boxes every month (or week, I don't know)... And Select is on the verge of coming out, so imagine the madness it'll be.

As for me, I don't see the appeal with these cards, though the prices LFC1892 got some subsets seems very good... But I always prefer to build them myself, it's a good part of my amusement in this hobby.
Of course it's more fun to open packs and build them but when I saw the prices I couldn't resist. Found a sports card hobby shop that sells them. Will go either later today or tomorrow. $5/Pack or 110$/box. Might use my negotiation skills to lower the price on the boxes. Some e-bay sellers are selling them for 60$ + postage & some for 99$ free shipping.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Of course it's more fun to open packs and build them but when I saw the prices I couldn't resist. Found a sports card hobby shop that sells them. Will go either later today or tomorrow. $5/Pack or 110$/box. Might use my negotiation skills to lower the price on the boxes. Some e-bay sellers are selling them for 60$ + postage & some for 99$ free shipping.
Very expensive that shop... The crew I mentioned usually order around 20 boxes and they don't pay more than 80 dollars per box, with customs included... A fellow spanish youtuber actually bought from a shop which is clearing the boxes:

http://www.dacardworld.com/sports-cards/2015-panini-donruss-soccer-hobby-box

You welcome ;)