old albums

mandy

I have just inherited hundreds of football sticker albums and literally thousands of spare stickers I really have no idea what to do with them, no family members are interested could you please give me advise. They are all pre 2000

AndyR

I have just inherited hundreds of football sticker albums and literally thousands of spare stickers I really have no idea what to do with them, no family members are interested could you please give me advise. They are all pre 2000
loose stickers in good condition will usually make good money on ebay Mandy. Just put them into different years and sell that way. The back of the sticker will indicate what collection they are from.
As for the albums, I guess most are from the 80s and 90s. If you have a Panini Football 91 album in good condition that is worth selling on its own... as are any World Cup albums, especially 82 & 86. If you have 70,74 and 78 world cups they are HUGE VALUE £100-£1500 depending on year but I wouldnt think you have them!! The rest just bulk together and sell on ebay in lots which weigh less than 2kg in total, that way you can avoid huge shipping charges.

Personally i wouldn't bother selling to a dealer, just a little time listing items on ebay will allow you to take a much bigger profit. Thats just my personal opinion no disrespect to the dealer who comments above.

as @gaspy says list down the albums if you have time etc on here and Im sure you'll get realistic offers or if not values of the items to help you sell them.

D8ct9r

Contributor
You have a few options but it all depends on what you want to achieve.

Let’s go through the options

1) If you have the time to photograph, list, then pack and send them to buyers then put them on eBay. Your return or profit (since you got them for free it is all profit) would be the highest with this option. The downside is it takes time and (hard) work.

2) If you don't have the time and don't want to deal with that, since you're basically “free rolling” and anything you get is a profit, sell them to a dealer, but don't expect to get the same money…

Things you need to consider before choosing one of the options.

a) While on the subject of money/profit it all depends on what albums/stickers you have, just because they are old it doesn't automatically mean that they are valuable. There must be demand for them on the market for them to be valuable. Old Panini football collections usually have demand on the market, other collections/stickers not so much.

b) If we are talking stickers without complete collections not a lot of dealers will be interested in thousands of them because they are difficult and expensive to sell (eBay and shipping fees) if they don’t have a brick and mortar store, where there is no such fees if local collectors are buying from them.

IMPORTANT: Obviously such an argument would not be valid if we are talking about FIFA World Cup 1970 or other 70s and 80s Panini World Cup stickers, then you hit gold (or as close as you can get to that with albums/stickers).

So what I would suggest is that you take a few albums and check if some of them were sold on eBay in the last couple of months, in that way you will see what you have (enter their name and check sold listings).

Once you know that go to the option 1) or 2) or maybe decide to keep them, but first tell us that they are in fact Panini World Cup 1970 so that the forum will go nuts.

Fingers crossed that they are :)

Last edited:

mandy

Thank you will sort through and let you know my uncle brought boxes of stickers at a time it was his hobby

Just had a quick look on top are world cup Italian 90 then football 78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93 still loads to go through

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyR

your going to have fun selling all them... and decent value there alone!!
Italia 90 World Cup album if that is complete even the roughest condition can go for around £50... if the condition of the album is good (ie no writing or scores completed in the album by pen) you will get a lot more for it. keep an eye on this auction as a guideline (and this one has scores completed!!):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panini-WC...116827?hash=item2389c30d1b:g:elEAAOSwBMVZdLgI

You have the ENTIRE panini run of English Top Division albums ie 1978-1993, then Merlin/Topps took over the licence. most if complete will have a decent value depending on condition. The jewel in that though is the 1991 album, if the spine of that album is not frayed (which is rare) you have a gem if its complete or even empty, i certainly would be interested in bidding on it! if its frayed and complete you still would get a good amount on ebay.
The other albums all depend on whether they are complete or even totally empty (I know it sounds strange but some collectors like albums empty) and their condition, but even rough ones are worth the time to list and sell.

cant wait to hear what else you have!!

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
You maybe own a treasure so don't rush and take your time if you want to sell them all. As said here, don't hesitate to tell us more (a short list) to receive good advises.

Some very good advise from all the previous replies. You mention that your Uncle bought stickers by the box. Sticker boxes, packets, point of sale posters are all collectible and have a value.