old albums

mandy

I have just inherited hundreds of football sticker albums and literally thousands of spare stickers I really have no idea what to do with them, no family members are interested could you please give me advise. They are all pre 2000

D8ct9r

Contributor
You have a few options but it all depends on what you want to achieve.

Let’s go through the options

1) If you have the time to photograph, list, then pack and send them to buyers then put them on eBay. Your return or profit (since you got them for free it is all profit) would be the highest with this option. The downside is it takes time and (hard) work.

2) If you don't have the time and don't want to deal with that, since you're basically “free rolling” and anything you get is a profit, sell them to a dealer, but don't expect to get the same money…

Things you need to consider before choosing one of the options.

a) While on the subject of money/profit it all depends on what albums/stickers you have, just because they are old it doesn't automatically mean that they are valuable. There must be demand for them on the market for them to be valuable. Old Panini football collections usually have demand on the market, other collections/stickers not so much.

b) If we are talking stickers without complete collections not a lot of dealers will be interested in thousands of them because they are difficult and expensive to sell (eBay and shipping fees) if they don’t have a brick and mortar store, where there is no such fees if local collectors are buying from them.

IMPORTANT: Obviously such an argument would not be valid if we are talking about FIFA World Cup 1970 or other 70s and 80s Panini World Cup stickers, then you hit gold (or as close as you can get to that with albums/stickers).

So what I would suggest is that you take a few albums and check if some of them were sold on eBay in the last couple of months, in that way you will see what you have (enter their name and check sold listings).

Once you know that go to the option 1) or 2) or maybe decide to keep them, but first tell us that they are in fact Panini World Cup 1970 so that the forum will go nuts.

Fingers crossed that they are :)

Last edited:

mandy

Thank you will sort through and let you know my uncle brought boxes of stickers at a time it was his hobby

Just had a quick look on top are world cup Italian 90 then football 78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88,89,90,91,92,93 still loads to go through

Last edited by a moderator:

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
You maybe own a treasure so don't rush and take your time if you want to sell them all. As said here, don't hesitate to tell us more (a short list) to receive good advises.

Ramsfan

Some very good advise from all the previous replies. You mention that your Uncle bought stickers by the box. Sticker boxes, packets, point of sale posters are all collectible and have a value.