• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New features on Forum and Blog (Implemented)

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hi guys,

I will use this thread to announce features that have been added/removed/edited on both blog and website. Tiny or big, all will be posted here.

For your own suggestion on improving forum, please post here. Having trouble with particular forum function? Feel free to tell us here.

WATERMARK on images
Due to the shameful practice by many forums and websites that use images uploaded from our users on their own website, without bothering to credit the poster nor website, I have decided to add a CardzReview watermark on all images.

The size and shape of a logo might change, but from now on, all images uploaded through our server will be watermarked (will have a CardzReview logo in the bottom right corner).

This common practice of hijacking images without attributing authors did not bother me at first, but when websites try to share information without quoting a source multiple times, it become annoying.

This will not reflect already uploaded images.

Example of a watermark on a larger image.
12006527_520972661401216_5906756452778195682_o.jpg
Example of a watermark on a smaller image.
11217976_520972661401216_5906756452778195682_n.jpg

UPDATE 27/10/2015 this feature has been disabled, as it did not prove to be useful

Last edited:

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
New floating bar added on the main site with a goal to attract more people to forum. I couldnt have came up with anything better than the text in the float bar, so feel free to suggest any ideas if you have any
float bar.jpg .

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Upon request of members, I have added a donation button which will help us cover the cost of running the website. Depending on the amount gathered over the months, it will be used either for giveaways and if it really gets big, contributors will get donations redirected for for their articles. If it gets really really big, we can add new features and God knows what. Nobody is required to donate, and do not feel that you should. Its completely voluntarily and if you guys want, I will be happy to disclose donated amounts in a topic, of course members anonymity/identity is guaranteed and will never be disclosed unless donator requires that.
New feature
donate.jpg

Upon request of members, I have added a donation button which will help us cover the cost of running the website. Depending on the amount gathered over the months, it will be used either for giveaways and if it really gets big, contributors will get donations redirected for for their articles. If it gets really really big, we can add new features and God knows what. Nobody is required to donate, and do not feel that you should. Its completely voluntarily and if you guys want, I will be happy to disclose donated amounts in a topic, of course members anonymity/identity is guaranteed and will never be disclosed unless donator requires that.
New feature
View attachment 3380
I like this. I know you don't want money, but I like that I can support the great work you do to keep this community going.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
New tiny feature - ask a question in navigation bar. It is basically a search function, but should help new members who have a question to find appropriate thread (hopefully) to ask for help/advice.
cardzreview ask a question.png