• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New CardzReview logo: some ideas

Sergio Z

Contributor
Hey, guys! with the permission from @Pavle, I create this thread to show you some ideas for the new CardzReview logo. They're kind of based in the current logo and colors.

Idea Nº 1:
Logotype
cardzreviewlogo-07.png

Isotype
cardzreviewlogo-01.png

Forums version:
cardzreviewlogo-09.png

Idea Nº 2:
Logotype
cardzreviewlogo-08.png

Isotype
cardzreviewlogo-04.png

Forums version:
cardzreviewlogo-10.png

What do you think? I read your comments :)

Last edited:

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Sergio Z These look so dope. I am not sure which I like more, will have to think about it more, but these look so much better than what we have now.

EDIT: If you have more ideas feel free to share them, I don't think we are obliged to stick to the old logo in any way :)

I really like the idea of having "forums" logo, really smart.

Do other community members have any comments, suggestion, feedback?

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Sergio Z These look so dope. I am not sure which I like more, will have to think about it more, but these look so much better than what we have now.

EDIT: If you have more ideas feel free to share them, I don't think we are obliged to stick to the old logo in any way :)

I really like the idea of having "forums" logo, really smart.

Do other community members have any comments, suggestion, feedback?
Yes, I have one feedback: Magnific! Done :D

Congratulations @Sergio Z, simple and pretty, just how our community is.

Don't think twice @Pavle, use them right away :)

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@dantzig I'm not thinking at all just wanted to see what you guys think as Sergio and I agreed to share it here first so that community can sort of a vote and give feedback on which they like.

Sergio Z

Contributor
Thank you very much for your feedback, guys! I didn't expect so positive comments :eek: hehehe

Yes! actually, I've got one more draft. I think I can upload something clearer tomorrow or on friday (I'll be busy opening packets because tomorrow, the WC album will be released in Lima :p )

By the way, I like the colors of the current logo. :) I would try with another kind of blue or even with red and yellow (even though those are Panini colors, so it may not be a good idea) :rolleyes:

I'll keep you updated in the following days. :)

Last edited:

Helios

Contributor
Good ideas!

With the short version logo obviously CR 7 came to my mind!- I know Carlos will like this but I would try to keep the long version to make the ‚brand’ cardzreview stand for itself..

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Good ideas!

With the short version logo obviously CR 7 came to my mind!- I know Carlos will like this but I would try to keep the long version to make the ‚brand’ cardzreview stand for itself..
But with the CR only, we'll get many visits from people who think this is dedicated to Cristiano Ronaldo :D

But ok, if I really have to choose, I go with the first idea.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
After taking a bit of closer look I also like the Idea Nº 1.
Few suggestions :
1. Experiment with different coloring in the first image
2. I prefer the Isotype in idea #2 since we can use it for site icons and social media profile at the same time, maybe leave out .com as it gives the impression that the website is cr.com :)
3. Forums version in idea #1 is great I love it.
I can't wait to update our old looking graphics.

redwhite

No offence, but to be honest, I'm not really impressed.
Is it better? I should say yes, but for me there is no WOW-feeling. OK, I never was a fan of the old logo, it's looking very mechanical and doesn't breath any passion for stickers, but with the new design I see almost the same. Also the logotype reminds me a little bit on Cartoon Network.

LFC1892

Contributor
First thing we need to change is the colour of the skin, the dull blue is wearing out.

We need something brighter and more attention grabbing.

Idea No 1 is much better in design. I quite like the Forum version with the word "Forum" in Red.

It defines what the website is which is a Forum. Well done @Sergio Z