My Panini Stickers

Reggie Boy

I'm really interested to hear collectors views on the 'My Panini' sticker space at the front of recent Panini albums. Do you fill this sticker space (with an official sticker ordered via Panini), or do you leave this empty? Presumably those collecting primarily for profit think this would de-value the sell-on value of the sticker book? Or do a lot of genuine collectors not really care much about sell-on values, and actually like the idea of having a photo of yourself through the ages?

I personally use the albums to document my kids growing up, and all pictures are taken with a 'silly face' expression because I figured this would be nice to look back on when I'm old and grey and I'm looking back at albums from 20 or 30 years earlier.

I appreciate that the cost of purchasing the 'My Panini' stickers are pretty high, and are a bit of a rip-off. But for me, it's a nice way of personalising my albums - and I'm not really thinking of sell-on value anyway.

But I appreciate that what I do might be horrific to a lot of you (perhaps similar to writing in the match scores, which I categorically don't do!) - so I am genuinely interested to hear others opinions / views on this topic.

Jamiepr74

I never fill the "My Panini" part at the beginning of the book - however that's not to say that you shouldn't....it's up to you.

It's a personal thing I guess, and I think that it's great that you are documenting your sticker books this way with your family. Obviously in the long run, if you were forced to sell your albums for one reason or another then you may not get a much because of this, but if you are keeping them in the family and intending to do so for a long time, then why not?

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
Hi @Reggie Boy

Welcome to this magnificent site first! I've never done the 'My Panini' part but i have to admit I've been stuck in the 80s collecting old collections that I haven't stuck anything else for a year now!

I think you hit the nail on the head that collecting is fun and having your kids personalise it is a perfect reason to do it. It adds fun to the collection and that will be worth more to you than anything.

Reggie Boy

I never fill the "My Panini" part at the beginning of the book - however that's not to say that you shouldn't....it's up to you.

It's a personal thing I guess, and I think that it's great that you are documenting your sticker books this way with your family. Obviously in the long run, if you were forced to sell your albums for one reason or another then you may not get a much because of this, but if you are keeping them in the family and intending to do so for a long time, then why not?
Does the album not feel officially 'incomplete' to you leaving this sticker space unfilled? I didn't fill them the first couple of times, but it annoys me just as much as it would having one of the other spaces unfilled!!!

LFC1892

Contributor
I never filled it. For me it's just an added Panini fun thing to do for collectors. Some kids like to do that.