Merlin's Premier League 2018

Jamiepr74

Once again the sooner that Panini acquire the license back (that’s depending on how long Topps have it for) the happier I will be....

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
Morning All! I've almost got all of the limited editions and realised an error in my earlier understanding!

Each team has two shiny stickers - one for the club captain (no standard sticker just shiny) and the limited edition (shiny and standard version).

The full list is as follows and (c) denotes captain whilst (LE) denotes Limited Edition

Arsenal: Mertesacker (c), Sanchez (LE)
Bournemouth: Francis (c), Defoe (LE)
Brighton: Salter (c), Gross (LE)
Burnley: Heaton (c), Wood (LE)
Chelsea: Cahill (c), Hazard (LE)
Crystal Palace: Puncheon (c), Zaha (LE)
Everton: Jagielka (c), Rooney (LE)
Huddersfield: Smith (c), Mooy (LE)
Leicester: Morgan (c), Vardy (LE)
Liverpool: Henderson (c), Coutinho (LE),
Man City: , Kompany (c), De Bruyne (LE)
Man Utd: Carrick (c) Pogba (LE)
Newcastle: Lascelles (c), Ritchie (LE)
Southampton: Davis (c), Gabbiadini (LE)
Stoke: Shawcross (c), Chouppo-Moting (LE)
Swansea: Britton (c), Sanches (LE)
Tottenham: Lloris (c), Kane (LE)
Watford: Deeney (c), Richarlison (LE)
West Brom: Evans (c), Rondon (LE)
West Ham: Noble (c), Hernandez (LE)

That makes the album 324 stickers + 20 limited edition ones to overlay (or keep separately)

htfcphil

Ive opened 2 boxes for the collection and in each box I got 10 LEs (1 in every 6th Packet). The annoying thing was they were exactly the same 10!!!!!!! talk about Topps sorting the packs or just putting same stickers in each batch of boxes!! means i need 30,45,61,74,119,137,149,214, 233 and 292 and have the other 10 in swap!! they are so pathetic as a company.

Yeah i got a box too and same as you, got 10 of the LE stickers, although a slight variation on your 10, I got 45,119 and 137 from your missing list. Not even bothering to try and get the other 10, my book is now filled.

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
Ive opened 2 boxes for the collection and in each box I got 10 LEs (1 in every 6th Packet). The annoying thing was they were exactly the same 10!!!!!!! talk about Topps sorting the packs or just putting same stickers in each batch of boxes!! means i need 30,45,61,74,119,137,149,214, 233 and 292 and have the other 10 in swap!! they are so pathetic as a company.
That's rough luck @AndyR I think I've struck lucky as I've had a good spread of LE stickers. Having said that I'm still missing two captains #201 (Carrick) and #208 (Lascelles)after opening a considerable amount of packets.

It's comparable in size to the Panini 2017 Women's Euros album but for me that seemed much easier to complete whereas Topps PL 18 has been trickier to finish.

Helios

Contributor
Hello Topps team,
I'm a German collector of stickers and cards issued worldwide.
I have some suggestions for future Topps premier league issues.
Please forward them to your editorial office.

1.Number of players represented per team should be at least 18 --> 3 pages per team.
2.No more limited edition stickers but top player in Gold in addition to captain stickers in silver.
3.Stadium sticker or printed picture.
4.Mascot sticker or printed picture.
5.Coach sticker
6.More cut out stickers - coaches heads for example.
7.Fan crowd sticker or printed picture.
8.Best ever goalkeepers/defenders/midfielders/strikers section.
9.Championship club section - club badge and team photo/star player sticker or printed picture.
10.Bring back the two-part team photo.
11.Best international players section.
12. Best future prospect players section.
13. Update set for latest signings.

Please let me know if you consider to adopt some of these suggestions.

Helios

Contributor
Hello Topps team,

1.Number of players represented per team should be at least 18 --> 3 pages per team.
2.No more limited edition stickers but top player in Gold in addition to captain stickers in silver.
5.Coach sticker
9.Championship club section - club badge and team photo/star player sticker or printed picture.

Thank you for your email.

Your comments have been forwarded to our production team for consideration regarding future releases.

Kind regards

Ela Greenfield
Customer Service

Topps Europe Ltd, 18 Vincent Avenue, Crownhill, Milton Keynes, MK8 0AW

Helios

Contributor
Thank you for your email.

Your comments have been forwarded to our production team for consideration regarding future releases.

Kind regards

Ela Greenfield
Customer Service

Topps Europe Ltd, 18 Vincent Avenue, Crownhill, Milton Keynes, MK8 0AW
that was quick! - for sure they will! :p

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
Hi @Helios They're great suggestions and I like #4 and #7 from your list. I think Filbert Fox would look great on a sticker for my team, plus I'm more than willing to be on the fan picture!

Attachments

htfcphil

Hello Topps team,

5.Coach sticker

Agree on some of these. I think an album should be around 500-550 stickers, any more any it gets a bit much.

For me there should be around 25 stickers per team

18 Players
1 Badge
1 Kit/Kits
1 Team Photo
1 Stadium
1 Captain
1 Star Player
1 Legend

Don't think you can really have a manager sticker with the amount of managers who lose their jobs.

Also not sure you could include a Championship section as it's a different competition and probably a different license. (Championship should have its own sticker album)

Helios

Contributor
Agree on some of these. I think an album should be around 500-550 stickers, any more any it gets a bit much.

For me there should be around 25 stickers per team

18 Players
1 Badge
1 Kit/Kits
1 Team Photo
1 Stadium
1 Captain
1 Star Player
1 Legend

Don't think you can really have a manager sticker with the amount of managers who lose their jobs.

Also not sure you could include a Championship section as it's a different competition and probably a different license. (Championship should have its own sticker album)
I collected the last championship album issued from Panini..loved it!

Even with many managers gettin sacked it is nice to see who was in charge at the beginning of the season ;-)

Helios

Contributor
you got the only polite employee who has to try and face all the complaints.
"Your comments have been forwarded to our production team for consideration regarding future releases."
translated as...
"we have deleted your email and will do whatever we want, but have issued this standard response to keep you happy"
I know, that's why i quoted with : :p

Helios

Contributor
forgot to say, absolute brilliant suggestions though... would collect your album of the Premier League ahead of their useless attempt, thats for certain!!
thanks, Andy. My wife already tried to convince me to write an initiative application..;):D

Lippysoandso

Sent Topps a nice little email about what I though of their collection and total arrogance
towards UK collectors.

Quicker Panini get the rights to The Premier League the better, the collection has been a joke for years.

Last decent UK one was The Championship album by Panini a few years ago, before the leeches of Topps got
hold of the contract.

Interesting tit bit, Topps no longer hold the licence for the Championship, so would be nice if Panini took it up.

Jamiepr74

You won’t get a reply, I didn’t get one from my email two months ago as detailed previously on this thread.....

As per Panini re: Championship - the way Pellegrino is destroying Southampton with his dull style of play, I would welcome collecting their stickers for the lower leagues ;)