Merlin's Premier League 2018

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
Morning All!

Quick update on the limited edition stickers so far... I’ve opened 25 packets (+3 free packets from starter set) and have had 7 limited edition stickers.

So if my poor maths are any good that’s 1 in every 3.5 packets (excl. free packets) that I’ve had a limited edition sticker.

So far I’ve had :

Chelsea: Hazard
Everton: Jagielka
Liverpool: Coutinho
Man Utd: Pogba
Stoke: Shawcross
Watford: Richarlison
West Ham: Noble

One or two interesting choices above! Jagielka is a strange choice for Everton.

Here’s a quick side-by-side shot of the ordinary and limited sticker:

0E8D7CDE-C889-40F1-BA82-07B3EE58EA37.jpeg

Helios

Contributor
Speaking for myself only I do as you suggested.
Stick the regular ones, keep the limited edition aside in a little plastic pack.
For me these extra stickers do not belong to the album - it is complete without them.
I still haven’t got the one bundesliga limited edition sticker only available at the topps tour and I am not worried at all- maybe there will be an occasion or there won’t- Topps can not fool me with that

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
Hello All!

60 more packets opened last night and I can update you on the limited edition stickers I have. So I was expecting 1 foil player sticker per team but I'm getting some surprises:

Arsenal: Mertesacker (really?)
Bournemouth: Defoe
Burnley: Heaton
Chelsea: Hazard, Cahill
Crystal Palace: Zaha
Everton: Jagielka
Huddersfield: Mooy
Leicester: Morgan (what!!!)
Liverpool: Coutinho, Henderson
Man City: De Bruyne, Kompany
Man Utd: Pogba
Southampton: Davis
Stoke: Shawcross
Swansea: Sanches
Watford: Richarlison
West Brom: Rondon, Evans
West Ham: Noble

Not only are there some interesting choices for the limited sticker but there are more than one per team for some clubs.

I haven't seen anything for Tottenham, Brighton and Newcastle yet but as I open more I will add to the list above. I think Arsenal should have at least one more (Alexis Sanchez).

Also with duplicates I'm seeing 1 in 3.44 packets have a limited sticker!

I hope it helps!

JamieLynch

Tottenham Hotspur limited edition is Harry Kane. Have about fifty packets open so far will be getting some more this evening. Doing poor on badges and limited editions so far. Although I have two of Harry Kane so far.

This album is total rubbish. As much as I like the design, the album lacks stickers, interesting info and a general love for the Premier League. It looks like the easiest way to profit from a lucrative deal with the Premiership, which in the end isn't fun to collect, seems mediocre and seriously makes me consider buying any more albums from Topps in the future. The people criticizing Panini for their "Road to" albums should jump on this album, since it actually reflects what arguably is the best league in the world pretty poorly.

Last edited:

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
Me too @AndyR I’m finishing this album in record time... hoping I’ll be done tonight!

I’m not the quickest at finishing albums (still working on FIFA16/17) but I’m breaking all personal bests on this one!

Edit: I’ll keep posting anything new I find as I’m sure it helps a little.

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
you've beat me easily Rob... I still have a box unopened sitting on my desk!! That certainly wont be the case when Panini World Cup 2018 comes around...they will be ripped open instantly!! Hoping to do all of BPL during Saturday afternoon or to when i only need a few to swap etc... In the meantime Im enjoying the pic updates, keep it up!!
Cheers @AndyR most appreciated! I’m doing late night shifts on the album this week as there have been too many Leicester home games to go to! PM me if you want any help near the end with swaps!

@AndyR
I did say "arguably the best league". The best league doesn't necessarily have the best teams in Europe, but one could argue that Premier League teams don't have as many easy games as the best of the rest of Europe. There are certainly less walkovers for the best Premier League teams compared to Germany, France or Spain. Either way the league and the many star players does not deserve a meager album like this.

htfcphil

Purchased this as a Huddersfield Town fan as it may be our 1 and only season in the big time :)

Massively disappointed in the album. I used to collect these in the early 90's and the low number of stickers is shocking to be honest. From my own team's perspective it is missing a few key players (Hogg, Williams, Quaner, Palmer) although they aren't as well known outside of Huddersfield so probably not a big loss to other fans.

However flicking through, there are some big players not included. Jack Wilshere, Olivier Giroud, Theo Walcott, Alex Iwobi, Victor Moses, Danny Drinkwater, Michy Batshuayi, Morgan Schneiderlin, Ross Barkley, Demarai Gray, Daniel Sturridge, James Milner, Emre Can, Bernardo Silva, Nicolas Otamendi, Yaya Toure, Fabien Delph, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young, Anthony Martial (why is Zlatan in over Martial?) Ander Herrera, Marouane Fellaini, Marcus Rojo, Charlie Austin, James Ward-Prowse, Saido Berahino, Erik Lamela, Danny Rose, Victor Wanyama, Fernando Llorente, Tom Cleverley, and the strangest one is Pablo Zabalata who actually appears as a Game Changer but isn't on the West Ham page!!??

It is crying out for an extra page at least for each team, add 6 more players and stick the Game Changer on the extra page. Even the Match Attax have 18 players per team. The Limited Editions seem silly, i have 10 of the 20 but not stuck them in yet.

I suppose it will be easier to complete but it could be so so much better.

Last edited:

Helios

Contributor
Lack of innovation, poor effort - maybe in 2 or three years there won't be any Topps PL sticker album and no one will miss it..!:oops:

Jamiepr74

As yet, no reply from them as per my email to them on December 18th.....I am going to keep contracting them until I get a response. We as collectors deserve the know why the album is such a poor effort this season......

htfcphil

For anyone interested, the Premier League website www.premierleague.com now shows all the stickers for each team from the past 24 seasons/collections. Shows how bad this years effort is. To view them go to the club page and click the Topps Stickers tab, then change season to view the stickers from that season. Some season's have 20 players per team.