Merlin Premier League 2016/17

txabi83

I ordered some days ago the album and some packets on Topps website.
I received the package and they forgot to include the album... :confused::confused::confused:

Ceesmk

I wrote my review of this album for my own blog; sorry it's in french! If I find time (so never...) I will try to translate into English.
Bonus: review of the album of the Mexican League (both articles are page 1)

http://iss12panini.skyrock.com/

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
I have emailed Topps a copy of my last post, I am interested to see what their reply is.

Probably a just a standard email from them no doubt with little effort, much like their albums these days....
Hi @Jamiepr74 Did Topps reply to your email? Just wondering what they said.

At last I received a full set! It reminds me of the Dutch Plus albums from late 2000s. They look nice but lack depth.

Helios

Contributor
@Jamiepr74 : Panini's German Bundesliga Albums in the 2000s were awful and not comparable with the ones in the 80s.
There was hope in the beginning when Topps took over that quality would improve.
Sadly Topps did basic work from the beginning with little extras from time to time - so my expectations have lowered every year.
With Calciatori albums Panini puts up 120% effort but you just can not compare it to any other league album.
I'm not protecting lousy Topps , but I'm just afraid if Panini gets the license back they won't supply the "best ever" album for PL or Bundesliga.

Ceesmk

I think you are a little harsh with Panini for the albums in the 2000s. Some of them are really fantastic. I really like the 2001, with fire and flames. Very original, new and modern design.

This weekend Topps released the album in São Paulo. Probably next week there will be in Rio de Janeiro. The album has the cover write in Portuguese.
When I pick an album, I will post some pictures here.

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
Hi @Hoddle01 I've not heard anything yet but last year it came out in mid December. Hoping it will be an improvement on last seasons collection and for it to be more like the 15/16 album again!

Hoddle01

Thanks LeicesterRob.

Last season's effort was poor. 12 players a side is simply inadequate for today's 3 subs a game standard. Even when there was only 1 sub available, sticker collections were larger. It's almost as if Topps don't want the contract with the Premier League.

Helios

Contributor
Thanks LeicesterRob.

Last season's effort was poor. 12 players a side is simply inadequate for today's 3 subs a game standard. Even when there was only 1 sub available, sticker collections were larger. It's almost as if Topps don't want the contract with the Premier League.
I guess it's more like Topps focuses on making BIG money with cards therefore the sticker collection is only a historically inevitable item but not favored.

Just look at this year's CL sticker album - the improvement to me is not visible..o_O

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
Yeah I think you're both right @Hoddle01 and @Helios

I'm certain (well hopeful) that if the effort was put into a great album with vibrant marketing activity then PL stickers could be a success again.

I'm just in the ground now for our match (arrived a bit early!) and I'm sure there are lots of opportunities to re-launch it by giving out free albums before games etc. With a bit more effort it could be a success again, well I hope!

I do remain hopeful for a decent 17/18 collection...