Match Attax Premier League 2015-16 Trading Cards

Andy

Well I went mad so far 10 gold 20 silver 40 bronze.
thats pretty much the ratios i think with the exception of you got 40 bronzes rather than the average 50 if those ratios apply to collector guides? Ive opened 4 and got 2BR, 1S & 1G which surprised me knowing my awful luck!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So this bronze/silver/gold thing is what we'll get with Champions League too? Depressing...

Andy

So this bronze/silver/gold thing is what we'll get with Champions League too? Depressing...
trust me Carlos...cant wait for you guys from Europe to do your nuts...its a pretty much horrific scam. I dont know why everyone is so polite in the UK but once Europe get involved with the champions league a lot more quality adult collectors get on the scene like yourselves!!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
UK is polite? The land where Monty Python revolutionized comedy is still polite? C'mon, you satirize everything there, but can't complain seriously? Not the UK I thought.

Oh, I'll be polite alright... I went mad for Panini's portuguese league collection this year for not having any innovation, imagine seeing bad quality cards and the same LE card repeated three times (what's the point?).

Andy

UK is polite? The land where Monty Python revolutionized comedy is still polite? C'mon, you satirize everything there, but can't complain seriously? Not the UK I thought.

Oh, I'll be polite alright... I went mad for Panini's portuguese league collection this year for not having any innovation, imagine seeing bad quality cards and the same LE card repeated three times (what's the point?).
i dont even know what Monty Python is...a TV Show but dont know what its about?? No in UK we queue up politely and keep mouths shut, no jumping queues or anything - the british way its that or physical violence only no inbetween. :D:D:D Its why there was so much trouble during Euro 2004 when you guys couldn't believe it as you watched when we dealt with the dirty pick pockets in Portugal who had the misfortune of trying their luck during an england game with english fans and were dealt with the english way on the way to Coimbra...poor guys, probably still sparko, guess they didnt know the reputation!!! Anyway Carlos, you'll get us in trouble again talking off topic, we'll have double detention for a week :p:p lets get back to topic and tell me the rant about the LE card repeated 3 times...what excuse did they try??

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Wow... You're probably the first british I know that doesn't know the "gods of black humour"... Go watch some videos mate, non-stop laughing! :D
Don't remember that Coimbra story here, but seems some thiefs here got what's deserved (I imagine some places were that has happened).

Ok, that's it, no more offtopic! From now on, I'll not do any more offtopics today! :D

Rant about the 3 repeated LEs? I didn't said anything to them... Yet. Probably will never tell them either, I prefer to be here among real collectors and let them know all rotten plans these publishers have to suck more money from us... But if I get really pissed, I'll do it, no problem... I did a bunch of times with Panini, also with Giromax (publisher based in Spain, known for the Angry Birds sticker and cards collections), so I can't see why Topps should get away... I'm always talking about Panini's lack of innovation (except this FIFA 365), but seems to me Topps is always stuck in time.

Andy

Wow... You're probably the first british I know that doesn't know the "gods of black humour"... Go watch some videos mate, non-stop laughing! :D
Don't remember that Coimbra story here, but seems some thiefs here got what's deserved (I imagine some places were that has happened).

Ok, that's it, no more offtopic! From now on, I'll not do any more offtopics today! :D

Rant about the 3 repeated LEs? I didn't said anything to them... Yet. Probably will never tell them either, I prefer to be here among real collectors and let them know all rotten plans these publishers have to suck more money from us... But if I get really pissed, I'll do it, no problem... I did a bunch of times with Panini, also with Giromax (publisher based in Spain, known for the Angry Birds sticker and cards collections), so I can't see why Topps should get away... I'm always talking about Panini's lack of innovation (except this FIFA 365), but seems to me Topps is always stuck in time.
how many british do you know Carlos? I dont know anyone who ever watched that!! i need to send you a list of decent TV programmes from England to watch I think showing the british mentality!!! Black humour is not for me, doesnt fit the mould!! Yeah, defo dealt with some of your problem people in your country during that tournament and how do you thank us...by knocking us out early, how rude...its always all polite or straight kicking off on people for UK :p
i think we can discuss in here Carlos as indirectly connected with Match Attax... but in regard to the LEs, Ive always thought if they are shown in the starter pack/checklist they should be available to order from the Topps Archives...? Similarly Panini with their Top Masters or whatever they decide to call them...as they are on the checklist then they should be available to order from Panini direct, otherwise Panini are suggesting say if top masters are 1:80 packs and there is 5 of them for example, that a minimum of 400 packs is expected to be purchased to complete (and that is if only get different TM in each pack). I would love to hear your views on that or if i am totally wrong in complaining about that...:confused::confused::confused:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well, I know a lot of them... Like... Ahm, some... But anyway, british has that sarcastic dark humour not found anywhere, even if it's not present in everyone there... And I saw your videos Andy, you do have a sarcastic and incisive rib... Even now, with the Euro 2004 comment (you welcome btw :p).

Since we're talking about football, just check Monty Python's Germany vs Greece... In philosophy :D

Top Masters were always available to order, I think... At least since 2014 WC... The ones people really needed and they didn't let order was Double Trouble there and Legends in CL 2014/15... I don't know how it is with Topps, they're also like that? Only order some, but not from the hardest subset? Trust me, Topps didn't even released, but I'm considering Panini to be the "less worst" for these trading cards collections... And to be fair, they were improving in the last years.

LFC1892

Contributor
@Andy I got a box of 50 today from Football Card Shop(very poor service and communication) in Manchester and so far out of 25 packets opened I had zero star players or club badge. Instead I got 2 MOM in about 6 packets and 2 Duo in 5 packets.
Got 1 Bronze Henderson & 1 Bronze Rooney.

Since you are the expert, is that normal in 50 booster boxes for the Prem this year ?

Andy

@Andy I got a box of 50 today from Football Card Shop(very poor service and communication) in Manchester and so far out of 25 packets opened I had zero star players or club badge. Instead I got 2 MOM in about 6 packets and 2 Duo in 5 packets.
Got 1 Bronze Henderson & 1 Bronze Rooney.

Since you are the expert, is that normal in 50 booster boxes for the Prem this year ?
I dunno if Im an expert Arthur...no more so than yourself anyway!
However a Star Player or Club Crest card should be in every single packet you open if its a UK Edition £1 pack. (just check out my cheesy football gameweek videos and in each i open 3 packs and in every one is either a SP or Crest. In addition MOTM cards you should get approx 20-25 from a 50 pack box. Duo's are a bit more scarce. the LE pulls is good though as i only got 1 in my complete booster box opening!!

I dont really know Footballcardshop to be honest but would be surprised if he could/would bother manipulating the boxes somehow... i would say the trouble lies with Topps UK as its been fun and games this year trying to get items. I couldnt even get multipacks from one wholesaler, while another has loads available!! Ive only just had my delivery of mega tins & swap boxes and its nearly the end of october!! let me know how the other 25packs turn out, perhaps its a defective box??
Did you look at FootballCardsDirect - he is usually the cheapest re-seller to the end customer from UK and my brother knows him and says hes highly trusted if you want cards in mint or items sold as described!! without buying in bulk from a wholesaler, i think he would be the only person i would trust if buying from UK (unless I start selling :D:D:D)

let me know how the rest goes...

DetroitStickers

However a Star Player or Club Crest card should be in every single packet you open if its a UK Edition £1 pack. (just check out my cheesy football gameweek videos and in each i open 3 packs and in every one is either a SP or Crest. In addition MOTM cards you should get approx 20-25 from a 50 pack box. Duo's are a bit more scarce. the LE pulls is good though as i only got 1 in my complete booster box opening!!

I dont really know Footballcardshop to be honest but would be surprised if he could/would bother manipulating the boxes somehow... i would say the trouble lies with Topps UK as its been fun and games this year trying to get items. I couldnt even get multipacks from one wholesaler, while another has loads available!! Ive only just had my delivery of mega tins & swap boxes and its nearly the end of october!! let me know how the other 25packs turn out, perhaps its a defective box??
Did you look at FootballCardsDirect - he is usually the cheapest re-seller to the end customer from UK and my brother knows him and says hes highly trusted if you want cards in mint or items sold as described!! without buying in bulk from a wholesaler, i think he would be the only person i would trust if buying from UK (unless I start selling :D:D:D)

This was the post before of the post called "Andys Card Shop is now open" haha.

LFC1892

Contributor

I watch your vids la, am a subscriber(is it Fooks or Fuchs) :D My box was of the 10cards/pk type.

Just finished opening the rest and of course ZERO Star players and Badges.

I got 68 MOM in total of which 24 are doubles so am only 16 short to finish.

Also, got 22 duos in total of which 8 are doubles. 6 more to finish this sub-set.

Have a look at the pics and how grubby the box was, the outer box literally fella apart like, as soon as I used the blade to open it.
Like you say maybe it was Topps fault but I have not seen anything like this since I started buying boxes in 13/14 season collection.

PS : I know of footballcardsdirect, registered on it but never used it. I might now after your reccomendation.

Attachments

Last edited:

Andy

I watch your vids la, am a subscriber(is it Fooks or Fuchs) :D My box was of the 10cards/pk type.

Just finished opening the rest and of course ZERO Star players and Badges.

I got 68 MOM in total of which 24 are doubles so am only 16 short to finish.

Also, got 22 duos in total of which 8 are doubles. 6 more to finish this sub-set.

Have a look at the pics and how grubby the box was, the outer box literally fella apart like, as soon as I used the blade to open it.
Like you say maybe it was Topps fault but I have not seen anything like this since I started buying boxes in 13/14 season collection.

PS : I know of footballcardsdirect, registered on it but never used it. I might now after your reccomendation.
oh my god, that box... No way would it have came like that. No wonder you are suspicious and rightly so. there would never of been brown tape on it, that is ludicrous!! looks like it's one which has just been sent to a newsagent, then unsold returned to Menzies, and then sent on to a different retailer to sell and if that is the case could've highly likely had different packs inserted into it to make up a full box before Menzies would send onto another newsagent on a sale or return basis. Surely the guy didnt just go to a shop and buy a box though, that wouldnt make sense and Click Distribution wouldn't send a box out in that condition to a self-employed seller so Im at a loss to explain that.
just to confirm - you got 68 MOTM from 50 packs Arthur??

You can safely deal with FootballCardsDirect. i dont know if they sell booster boxes etc but Im sure he would arrange sales if asked I would guess??

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@LFC1892 Seems like a defective box and not a tampered one... The mechanism part in the Topps machine which inserts badges and star players probably failed or someone forgot to add star players/crests to the insertion pile.

MotM: 1 in every 2 packs, so about 25 per box, yet you got 68
Duos: 1 in every 4 packs, so about 12/13 per box, yet you got 22

Definitely a production error, the star players and crests were replaced by MotM and Duos... Each box has around 90 special cards and you got them.

Good for you though... You can easily buy complete SP and crests sets, while selling more valuable cards.

LFC1892

Contributor
oh my god, that box... No way would it have came like that. No wonder you are suspicious and rightly so. there would never of been brown tape on it, that is ludicrous!! looks like it's one which has just been sent to a newsagent, then unsold returned to Menzies, and then sent on to a different retailer to sell and if that is the case could've highly likely had different packs inserted into it to make up a full box before Menzies would send onto another newsagent on a sale or return basis. Surely the guy didnt just go to a shop and buy a box though, that wouldnt make sense and Click Distribution wouldn't send a box out in that condition to a self-employed seller so Im at a loss to explain that.
just to confirm - you got 68 MOTM from 50 packs Arthur??

You can safely deal with FootballCardsDirect. i dont know if they sell booster boxes etc but Im sure he would arrange sales if asked I would guess??
Alright, here is the jist of it. I bought the box & starter pack on the 25th/Sep. Paid same day on pay pal. Waited a week no communication then when I did he said(Aron his name) that it will be sent soon & that a tracking # will be sent.
Then got an email on the 5th/Oct which is 10 days later saying it was shipped but no tracking # provided so I left as is.
On Wed I got the starter pack and no booster box. I was livid like. Emailed the fella and did a charge back on pay pal.
He responds on pay pal with 2 tracking # one for SP & one for booster box. When both packets arrived it showed on the Royal Mail stamp that they were send on the 12th/Oct. So not only did he lie about sending them on the 5th, he lied about availability of his product by sending this grubby broken box. Never again mate. I have another box from a trusted e-bay seller from Scotland. Have not opened it yet but am 100% certain it's legit unlike this Manc cunt product.
Yes I did get 68 MOTM from 50 packs.

The looks of that box makes me very sad, but 68x MotM in one box! And there is the smile again!
haha yeh mate but it is worrying.

MotM: 1 in every 2 packs, so about 25 per box, yet you got 68
Duos: 1 in every 4 packs, so about 12/13 per box, yet you got 22

Definitely a production error, the star players and crests were replaced by MotM and Duos... Each box has around 90 special cards and you got them.

Good for you though... You can easily buy complete SP and crests sets, while selling more valuable cards.
Makes sense Rodney(Only Fools & Horses joke, sorry couldn't resist @Andy would know it).

I have another box from a e-bay seller am sure it will be different.

By the way Carlos, how do you know all the ins-outs of the Panini/Topps mechanism and sorting ?

Last edited by a moderator:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Alright, here is the jist of it. I bought the box & starter pack on the 25th/Sep. Paid same day on pay pal. Waited a week no communication then when I did he said(Aron his name) that it will be sent soon & that a tracking # will be sent.
Then got an email on the 5th/Oct which is 10 days later saying it was shipped but no tracking # provided so I left as is.
On Wed I got the starter pack and no booster box. I was livid like. Emailed the fella and did a charge back on pay pal.
He responds on pay pal with 2 tracking # one for SP & one for booster box. When both packets arrived it showed on the Royal Mail stamp that they were send on the 12th/Oct. So not only did he lie about sending them on the 5th, he lied about availability of his product by sending this grubby broken box. Never again mate. I have another box from a trusted e-bay seller from Scotland. Have not opened it yet but am 100% certain it's legit unlike this Manc cunt product.
Yes I did get 68 MOTM from 50 packs.
Damn, I remembered now I bought also from them and it was also a pain to receive the stuff... One week to mark as sent and only got after two weeks, I think... Or even more, I have the "17 days" time in my head, but I don't know if it was after I ordered or after he supposedly sent (I also remember the date he marked as sent was no true, sent some days later).
By the way Carlos, how do you know all the ins-outs of the Panini/Topps mechanism and sorting ?
I don't... Or better yet, I do know some stuff because I research and then deduce... Like the FIFA 365 packs insertion I once wrote in AXL thread, it's all about researching how cards were deployed and you know +/- the mechanism Panini uses... You can even know which special cards are "prioritized", meaning, the order to be inserted.

As for Topps, I would need to check how packets are, but pretty sure they're similar... Like, star player/crest is always the first card, then some insert is the last... If I remember the few packs I saw from Andy's videos... In your case, I bet some moron in Topps set MotM/Duo cards in the SP/crest repository, hence so many of the firsts and none of the latters... Again, lucky you.

Last edited:

LFC1892

Contributor
@dantzig maybe we should start a thread about that football cards shop and warn fellow collectors about their awful service. Just like the fantop one. I know he's registered on footballcardsforum cos he advertises there and that's where I saw his shop logo.
for all we know he could be selling this bloody stuff out of his flat. god knows if it's stolen goods from Menzies or WH Smith.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@dantzig maybe we should start a thread about that football cards shop and warn fellow collectors about their awful service. Just like the fantop one. I know he's registered on footballcardsforum cos he advertises there and that's where I saw his shop logo.
for all we know he could be selling this bloody stuff out of his flat. god knows if it's stolen goods from Menzies or WH Smith.
Instead one thread for this specific shop, we should have one where people complain about certain shops... But tomorrow or later I'll think about it, now it's kinda late here.

I don't know about stolen goodies (hope not, seems just he got some beaten box and added packs), but you got there a box many would want... Normally, with one box, you can get all crests and SPs, but MotM and Duos it's two or three boxes, right? This was one of the very rarest times I saw a regular customer actually benefits from some publisher mistake... Who knows how many boxes like that are out there? Let's hope a lot of them :)