Looking for Calciatori & Premier League 15

I would really like to start a 14/15 album for both Calciatori and Premier League.

I can't seem to find albums or boxes of stickers online. Can anyone help? I reallllllllly want to work on a calciatori album.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Now it's a good time for US buyers to buy european stuff with Euro currency, because in the last months, Euro has lost much value to British Pound and US dollar.

Calciatori you can find some decent deals on eBay, for both 50 and 100 packets boxes... Again, careful with customs.

Now it's a good time for US buyers to buy european stuff with Euro currency, because in the last months, Euro has lost much value to British Pound and US dollar.

Calciatori you can find some decent deals on eBay, for both 50 and 100 packets boxes... Again, careful with customs.
I see some on the international eBay sites, but none in the U.S. Version of eBay. This isn't an issue, but I'm not so fluent in Italian to know exactly what I'm getting. Do you have a recommended listing which has what I'm looking for? I'm thinking I would need an album or two (I like having one to work in and a blank one) and probably like 200 packs since calciatori is pretty big. Unless you think I need more...

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
One thing about Calciatori though, collection has tons of update and extra stickers.

If you plan to complete it, be prepared for hard but enjoyable journey. We have few Italian members here which might be able to help out in this journey of yours.

Plenty of Italian eBay sellers speak English, do not worry about that. Also see if @Caniggia has something for you.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yeah, Pavle wrote what I would wrote too, you better be prepared for the Calciatori world, it's definetely one of the most complete leage collections in the world, if not the most... And if you're like me, try to build the collection instead of buying complete, then expect tough days, not only in terms of price, which is much more expensive, but also to find those pesky last stickers.

Here's some links:
50 packets boxes, shipping is cheap for US
100 packets boxes
Auction 50 packets box + album

That's what I found from sellers who sell to USA.

Thanks guys I'll check those links out. I am already really liking this forum :)

And I'm prepared for the struggle. I refuse to buy a premade collection. If I have to spend double to buy packs that's what I'll do.

I just really want to take on the challenge of calciatori. Probably won't do it every year moving forward, but it just seems so grand, and it would be a good way for me to learn more about Italian soccer (as I tend to spend more time on English, German, Spanish and French leagues).

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
And I'm prepared for the struggle. I refuse to buy a premade collection.
You already have a real attitude that will enable you to enjoy this hobby long-term. Calciatories are probably the most beautiful albums you can find these days. Take your time and enjoy. Albums that are closes to my heart are the ones that took me years to complete. Most of new collectors get crazy and passionate and buy bunch of complete albums first day. They get bored a year after usually. I am not against complete albums, especially for people who want to be cost-effective, but the most joy you get out of completing one yourself, ripping packs, trading and meeting new people who share the same passion.

Don't get me wrong, I like putting in the stickers, obsessing about placing them all perfectly, but ripping packs is my new obsession. It brings me back to childhood.

And it's better than buying cards, because I hate having piles of worthless cards sitting around. I love putting stickers neatly into albums though.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Don't get me wrong, I like putting in the stickers, obsessing about placing them all perfectly, but ripping packs is my new obsession. It brings me back to childhood.

And it's better than buying cards, because I hate having piles of worthless cards sitting around. I love putting stickers neatly into albums though.
You have an european/south american thinking... Sure you're american? ;)

Is $160 (including shipping) for a 14/15 album and 225 packs a good deal?
Considering shipping to USA from Italy is very expensive (I suppose the seller lives in Italy), then yes, it's still inside the range I think it's fair... If 200 of those 225 are two sealed 100-packets boxes, then it's better (avoids a lot of useless doubles).

You have an european/south american thinking... Sure you're american? ;)

Considering shipping to USA from Italy is very expensive (I suppose the seller lives in Italy), then yes, it's still inside the range I think it's fair... If 200 of those 225 are two sealed 100-packets boxes, then it's better (avoids a lot of useless doubles).
The auction I found was for multiple bags of 16 packs. You get free shipping if you spend $160, which equals the album and 14 of the 16-pack bags. Will that affect my odds worse than buying boxes? I had no idea that odds would be better in 100 pack boxes.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The auction I found was for multiple bags of 16 packs. You get free shipping if you spend $160, which equals the album and 14 of the 16-pack bags. Will that affect my odds worse than buying boxes? I had no idea that odds would be better in 100 pack boxes.
Yep, the more you buy from different sources (and this usually means different articles), the more doubles you're prone to get... Unless you have an amazing luck to get opposite contents.

I don't know how Calciatori is, but I'll give the WC 2010 World Cup boxes example: if you buy a 100-packets box, you'll probably get all 500 stickers different... Now, you don't need to be a genius to understand that this is manipulated by Panini, but in a good way (the bad way is when a collection has rare stickers and you notice how they only put half of what they should put)... Now, if you 10 packets x 10 times, how many doubles you think you'll get? For sure, zero is not an option, not even 50.

And this can be worse if the collection has rare or very easy stickers... So in the end, for your case, it's better to buy 100-packets boxes, unless Calciatori boxes also have a lot of doubles... Maybe watching unboxing videos or asking someone else.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The women in Serbia weren't too bad either :D
Oh, well someone is sleeping on the couch tonight! Backpacker? Always wanted to do that, but I guess it does not makes much sense to do it in this stage of life. I do a lot of hiking lately. But that's a story for another thread.
Anyway, I also believe you would be better with a box, but if you find bulk packs cheap + you are willing to do trades and invest time in collection, I do not see a problem with loose packs in that case to be honest.

Ok so here is my options I'm seeing, both are essentially the same price (approx $160).

14 x 16-pack bags = 224 packs

4 x 50-pack boxes = 200 packs

Do you folks think (I know you can't guarantee) that the odds are better in the boxes to justify getting fewer packs?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ok so here is my options I'm seeing, both are essentially the same price (approx $160).

14 x 16-pack bags = 224 packs

4 x 50-pack boxes = 200 packs

Do you folks think (I know you can't guarantee) that the odds are better in the boxes to justify getting fewer packs?
Good question... If it was 2x 100-packets boxes, I would tell you to go for those, but 4x 50-packets boxes... There's also a problem with buying full 50-packets boxes: you might get similar contents and if you get two of those, it's almost like one is ruined.

Also, if opening packets is what you really like, then go for the 16-packets, at least you'll open 24 more... Maybe you'll have better luck than I had, I bought 300 loose packets from CL 2014/15 last week (very cheap, of course), to do two sets, but I got too many doubles... Even for my first set I'm still missing about 70 :(