La Liga Total 2022 / 23

Jamiepr74

Patron
Just got an email about this. Is it worth it as it looks like a much better “no nonsense” way of completing a La Liga album.

FC341277-A493-498E-9E32-8045A822EDDA.jpeg

Discover the stickers of your favorite players with LALIGA TOTAL 2022-23 from PANINI.
Introducing a new collection concept with this exciting album spanning the entire 2022-23 season. With the players who started the season, as well as those who joined the winter transfer window, we offer you a wide range of 21 players per team, almost all of the most used by each club. In addition, we present two special series: HEROES and NEW ERA, with the most outstanding protagonists of this season, in metallic stickers!

This collectible follows the style of the major European Leagues (France, Italy, England...) that PANINI produces, and we are sure it will exceed your expectations. We welcome you to the new PANINI universe of LALIGA TOTAL 2022-23. Enter, collect, live and enjoy to the fullest.

Inside the LA LIGA TOTAL 2022-23 envelopes, you will find up to 10 PREMIUM stickers. They are not necessary to complete your collection, but they are authentic jewels for collectors. If you wish, you can place them on top of the sticker with the same number (we recommend cutting the top of the back of this new sticker and placing it on top of the old one, so you will have both in view).

Do you want to add real collector's jewels to your football collection? Find up to 10 PREMIUM stickers inside the PANINI LALIGA TOTAL 2022-23 envelopes!

Collect it, live it and enjoy it in a big way!

Iulian

I believe it could be worth it for collectors outside of Spain since you don't have to deal with the 4 editions and monthly updates. With only two boxes and a few swaps you could have a full collection of the Spanish liga. It could also be a good first collection for kids as it doesn't confuse them with multiple editions and the rosters are updated, albeit the quality is horrendous.

The album has 485 stickers. Boxes contain 50 packs of 8 stickers each and cost 50 euros. A starter pack is 4 euros I think.

However, for collectors here it is more of a scam and many are complaining about it or saying they're not collecting it. I won't do it for sure. It comes out with less than a month to play of the season and brings nothing new. It's just cropped pictures of the La Liga and Adrenalyn collections pasted on a gross orange background. Why? What's the purpose? No one knows.

Their motto is: "Don't ask questions, just consume product and then get excited for new products."

Instead of releasing a mediocre collection every month, Panini should focus on a single great one per year. But we know that's not the case with these soulless money-grabbers. I have an idea of what they can do with my "collector's jewels."

Jamiepr74

Patron
Instead of releasing a mediocre collection every month, Panini should focus on a single great one per year. But we know that's not the case with these soulless money-grabbers. I have an idea of what they can do with my "collector's jewels."
Thank you that’s a good insight into the album. If Panini wanted collectors outside of Spain to buy it then al least they could allow us to purchase it directly from their website as it’s not available from their site to too many places!

3FB5553A-A90B-460D-90C0-6EB0897B8AA1.jpeg

I collected Este 2021/22 and there were so many update and transfer stickers that it was really annoying. Why is Spain the only collection to do this? At least the Total collection looks more appealing to me as it’s there are no extras to collect.

I may look to buy a completed set online somewhere if I can find one.

Iulian

Thank you that’s a good insight into the album. If Panini wanted collectors outside of Spain to buy it then al least they could allow us to purchase it directly from their website as it’s not available from their site to too many places!

View attachment 21410

I collected Este 2021/22 and there were so many update and transfer stickers that it was really annoying. Why is Spain the only collection to do this? At least the Total collection looks more appealing to me as it’s there are no extras to collect.

I may look to buy a completed set online somewhere if I can find one.
My pleasure. In Spain, Colecciones Este dominated the market long before they fused with Panini in the early 2000s. They are the ones who accustomed local collectors with this way of releasing several editions of a collection.

They start with the first edition in early August and publish most teams with last year's roster in updated kits. The second and third editions usually come out in September and feature some of the "Últimos Fichajes" (Latest Transfers).

In recent years, the 4th and last edition appears in October and contains a large bulk of the summer transfers. Unfortunately, this makes the album feature 25-30 players per team with stickers you're supposed to half-stick on top of other stickers because the team pages have only 18-20 spaces.

That's how you get outdated and ridiculous stickers like Messi in Barcelona's roster during the same season he moved to PSG, Casemiro in Real's shirt after moving to Man Utd and so on. Imagine this year's UCL stickers from Topps but repeating the same mistakes intentionally every year. Also, if you browse through an older album, you don't understand the rosters exactly, with some players often appearing in two or three different teams due to late August or January transfers.

The publisher's strategy creates a mountain of unnecessary doubles that no one needs, a mindless waste of paper. A much better collection would be a properly updated one coming out in December like Calciatori or Premier League. However, Este/Panini profits from the August-September gap when there are almost no football collections released.

La Liga is tricky to collect in Spain because the packs and boxes look identical even when carrying stickers from different editions. You have to rely on trustworthy kiosk sellers and online sellers to buy the edition you need. Collecting from abroad must be even more frustrating. So, buying a complete, unglued set is preferable whenever possible.