IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Thiefs and Fraudulent Sellers on eBay and Other Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caniggia

Contributor
It's really a killing moment when I read kind of this. I'm a collector, i sell also, but first aim in my mind is finding items i look for and start good partnerships everywhere. Ok, money is an important thing but can't be the main one and the last one, too.

I agree with Pavle, first of all payment only by Paypal (and through ebay, if possible). I was lucky in past, i have bought many albums in South America using Western Union and bank transfer and no problem at all even not on ebay. I used to ask to send albums to some friends in Argentina or Brasil who were going to fly to Italy month later. So from moment i have payed albums to the moment i had in my hands passed around 2 months... but no problem, or really small ones (for example one missing sticker).

Anyway was not big amount (100, 150 euro maximum). I am lucky also because i live in Italy so i have severals opportunity to find albums and check personally by myself. To be honest i will never buy Mexico 70 (or others from '50s-60s-70s) on line, even i trust the seller. There are too many fakes copy around.

Let help ourselves about our hobby, is first step to save our money and our collections

Raletto14

Hello Caniggia,

Thank you very much for your input. You are completely right about this. The problem is that in North America, it is extremely hard to find people within my city that have Panini world cup items. Panini world cup items are basically part of people's culture in Europe and in South America but in North America it is not that big. Very few people collect them here and the ones that do, do not have anything old or rare. They all have pretty basic items from 1994 until present time. This is the reason why I have to rely on the internet to find the items that I want. Believe me, I hate doing big transactions online because I am afraid that things like this will happen to me.
The reason why I decided to do it is because I have been buying hundreds and hundreds of Panini items through PayPal and eBay for the past 7 months and I never had a problem like this. I have spent thousands of dollars so i will probably stop my spending for now because this hobby is incredibly expensive. And I also want to take a break from buying so much after this happened. For now I will try to focus on trading and buying small items.

I really enjoy this website. Soon I will create a forum of the items that I am looking for to see if I can trade with some of the collector's that use this website.

Thanks

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Jesus, this topic is already this big? It took me a while to read (almost) everything!

Raletto14, everyone falls the first time, even when the "signs" are so evident (the 5 accounts were indeed a huge warning)... Pavle knows very well about being scammed (it was actually because of it that I got to know him) and so do I, but still far from his scam, let alone this Mexico 70 album scam... If I saw this topic right after your first message, I would say that you were in the right forum, because Pavle would help you in any way he could... Which happened ;)

But I gotta say, this method with payments to other sellers was astonishing... Really, I would never thought of such idea and I'm always imagining scenarios if something is even slighty off related to any purchase I do.

Yes, ARKADY is the person I spoke to via email so that is how I got his email. At first, he told me to send the money to his PayPal account so I sent him the $2,100. I also sent him about $400 for other items that I wanted to buy from him which were stickers, sticker sheets, and some packets. But the next day after I paid him, he refunded me all of the money because he said he was having problems with his PayPal account. He said that PayPal had placed a hold on the money that I sent him due to the amount so he refunded me and told me to send the money to a list of emails that he gave me (I sent you a list of the emails, let me know if you got them).
If I remember correctly, if your Paypal account is not fully verified, you can't have more than a certain amount of sales per year... I know this because I sold a lot this past summer and one day, Paypal restricted my account with payments and withdraws I might did, until I sent them some ID and address proof (ID card, utility bill, etc)... It's explained here:
https://www.paypal.com/pt/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#4

Also, sudden large amounts of money will have Paypal attention and so, both reasons probably have restricted that ukrainian guy account and he found out a way for not using his account for receiving and paying for what he wanted.

Anyway, that username was familiar, so I checked my email and found out I sold some low vale items to that ukrainian guy, about one and half year ago... Seems everything went well, so no complain about him, but I can confirm the address provided here.

Can't understand anything from that russian forum, google translate on Chrome is rubbish when translating from russian.

Raletto14

Hello,

Thank you very much for your response. Yes, Pavle has been very helpful and I very glad I found this website because it is pretty cool to get to know people from all over the world that love the same hobby as me. In regards to the scam, yes it was very creative from the thief. I am always thinking of different scenarios as well just so I can prevent any scams. Unfortunately, I fell to this one. One of the reasons why I decided to trust him is because I checked his eBay account and he had 100% positive feedback. Because of this, I assumed that he was an honest person. But now I know that I can't ever judge a seller's intentions based on their eBay feedback. I am just glad that PayPal is there to help me out or else I would have lost everything.

In regards to the PayPal amount restrictions, I completely understand that this could have been a problem for him. That's why I decided to continue with the transaction when he asked me to send the payments to different emails. I didn't think that something like this would happen. However, aside from all of this, it still doesn't change the fact that he sent me an envelope with a piece of carton inside. So the guy is a thief and a liar. I tried reading the Russian forum with the translator as well but a lot of the translations don't make any sense so I stopped trying to read them. Someone from Russia, messaged me on eBay today and they told me that the thief is stating on laststicker.ru that he is innocent and that he did not send me an envelope with a piece of carton.
I told the person that I would send him a video of me opening that package when I got it at the post office.
I want everyone to know about this guy so no one does any business with him.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
No one can shout with 100% certainty that he/she will never be scammed... Even the warning signs that seems so obvious for you to avoid a purchase might be well manipulated if the seller seems to communicate very well... Here in Portugal, we have a saying for such guys: "saber vender o seu peixe", literally translating to "know how to sell his own fish", so even if it's a rubbish item or even a scam, if you can make the buyer trust you with just talk, everything is possible.

I'm not saying that guy has any excuse, far from it, but I'm trying to understand how could he almost got away with it (Pavle knows how much I "bugged" him when he was scammed)... Makes sense if, even with those 5 different accounts (a serious warning for possible scamming), you tried to help him not get any problems with retained money, but it's always when we try to help others in complex situations that we get ourselves into deep troubles... And if a seller provides ID and address proof, then he's serious about selling... When the ukrainian guy tried to avoid this, either he was some kind of "privacy weirdo" or he just didn't want to confirm anything, making it suspicious in either way.

You did well for taking those photos and have to say, he was dumb for sending such small parcel, wasn't he? Because if he sent you an huge box with some weight inside, to pretend what you bought and trade with him was inside, you would have opened the box right away, correct? And then, no "before" photo... He was "smart" with the payments, but it seems he misjudged how far Paypal could deal with this and your cold blood for not ripping the parcel without taking photos first.

Btw, he has 100% feedback on ebay because he only bought... As you know, ebay just allow positive feedbacks to buyers (non-paying or other actions are hiddenly recorded on buyer account)... Now you know that, in case you receive another message to swap anything, you should check if he sold anything and how reliable he is.

Anyway, I have blocked him in my ebay account.

Raletto14

Hello,

Yes you are completely right. The guy seemed nice from the beginning and he seemed like an honest trader so I fell for it.
In regards to his feedback, yes I see what you mean. Everything is from purchases that he made. None of them were from sales.
i am just glad that I was able to stop him in time and I got my money back. I still lost all the items that I sent him but now I have learned my lesson. So I will not let this happen again. Thank you for your support and for taking the time to explain everything. All of the members in this forum are very nice and I appreciate all of the advice. Please make sure that you block both of his eBay accounts. Another victim of this scam messaged me yesterday and told me that this guy has 2 eBay accounts, which I have updated on my eBay listing. They are “070911gleb” and "borodkin1981".

Caniggia

Contributor
@Raletto14 i know in USA the market is not so big like Europe and South America, maybe with MLS upgrade will be better for you, main problem is also if you like stickers and not cards. I don't collect cards so on my side US market is not so interesting (it is a lot for comics.. but this is another point :))

I know very well how much can be expensive this hobby, believe me. If I can help you in some way from Italy don't hesitate to contact me.

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
What a story... I struggle myself with an indelicate brazilian guy who sold me some albums without any problem but who decided not to send me the last album I bought him : I wait for it since past june ! It is not the same amount, of course, but I don't really know how to do. I paid with paypal, so I can maybe open a case. The guy answered every 4 or 5 time to say That his first package was lost by brazilian post and that he needs time to find the material again. Bad taste in my mouth...

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So bottom line, what happened with the PayPal? Did you get all the founds back?
How about other sellers that were involved in this game? I hope these guys were also unharmed.
I hope they will get all the money from his account, close his PayPal and eBay and block him permanently.

Update from Laststicker.ru :

Though the discussion was going in right direction, it quickly became personal fight among members accusing each other over some unrelated stuff, and the whole topic went completely off-topic.

A friend of mine sent to me this :

"I cannot see too much development on Laststicker forum for Roberto case.
Mainly due to the fact that, at the same time all Laststicker society was discussing another important topic
for the last few days: trade with fake stickers, replicas, reprints, etc.

And it seems that Roberto's case did not touch so many people there.
But in any case, Arkadiy's account is partly blocked, he can only use forum/messages functions."

So basically these guys do not care much for having a serious scammer on their site. Just be aware of the guy. But on the other hand I am grateful to collectors on this site which supported you Roberto, even if they do not know you. Few of them were really doing their best to reveal this whole case. Also, since the scam did not happen on their site, administrators did I think the best according to the rules. They are still waiting for the news which we will forward to them, and if Arkady proves to be quilty by PayPal and you can send to me some proof on that, I can forward entire case to LS admin and I am sure they will react properly, by deleting his account and restricting him the access.

To sum up, keep us updated on the case, so that we can alarm as many sites as possible.

One thing to point out is that you dealt outside of eBay. Do not make that mistake again, unless you really trust the person. eBay is just another layer of protection. PayPal is the brick wall. Person had a good feedback on eBay, but we can never know what he did outside it. Perhaps the tactics was : good feedback, attract interest, make a deal outside the eBay.

If we can try to find at least one positive thing in all this, online communities proved to be quite unite in fight against dishonest collectors. I am personally thankful to all the people who tried to spread the word even if they never seen or known Roberto.

Last edited:

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
I personnaly spread the word to the french collectors I know and sincerely hope that Roberto will be refund.

Agustín

Me too, I told about this to argentinian collectors that I know and they are already warned about this guy.

@Raletto14, I really wish you can get your money back and count on us.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It seems to me that Roberto has already got back the money, at least from the statement in bold when he was answering me:
Hello,

Yes you are completely right. The guy seemed nice from the beginning and he seemed like an honest trader so I fell for it.
In regards to his feedback, yes I see what you mean. Everything is from purchases that he made. None of them were from sales.
i am just glad that I was able to stop him in time and I got my money back. I still lost all the items that I sent him but now I have learned my lesson. So I will not let this happen again. Thank you for your support and for taking the time to explain everything. All of the members in this forum are very nice and I appreciate all of the advice. Please make sure that you block both of his eBay accounts. Another victim of this scam messaged me yesterday and told me that this guy has 2 eBay accounts, which I have updated on my eBay listing. They are “070911gleb” and "borodkin1981".
Anyway, Roberto... That's a very important tip to anyone when analyzing an ebay feedback as a buyer: look first for the "feedback as a seller" tab and if he hasn't any, then you can also check the feedback he left to sellers, to see if he's some guy who gives more "bad" feedbacks than usual.

A shame you still lost all those items, but at least you got the money back... Let's hope that guy is seriously charged by Paypal, because I hope Paypal has refunded you with their own money and not the money sent to those sellers (which was yours first).

I would also give you an advice to avoid a portuguese collector, but it's better if you (and everyone else) read Pavle's story:
http://www.cardzreview.com/aware-collector-thief-got-robbed-trade-worth-600-euros/

Added the second username to my block list, thanks for the info.

Raletto14

Hello Everyone,

Wow I am glad that the word is spreading about this. I appreciate everyone's support. I really appreciate it.
I sure that this will prevent from other people getting scammed. I really appreciate everyone's effort to resolve this issue.
I have been talking to PayPal all week and I was able to get all of my money back. PayPal is a life saver.
I have learned a lot about this experience and I will take in consideration everyone's advice. It is very helpful and I will use all of this knowledge to continue my collections.

I had a eBay member from Russia contact me because he saw my listing. He told me that some people talked about this on LastSticker and that the admin blocked the thief from making any trades on the website. He can also use the features of messaging and things like that I think. So I am glad that people are learning about this and taking precaution. In regards to eBay and PayPal, I really don't know how they are handling the case because they did not tell me. I don't know if they block his accounts but I hope they do.

Also, when I talked to PayPal a few days ago they told me that for one of the cases they gave the money back to the person who initially received the payment and to me. So thankfully we both got our money back. However, that was for one of the cases. I do not know how PayPal dealt with the rest of the cases. Hopefully everyone got their money back.
I have been speaking with one of the person's who received my payments and they told me that Arkadiy sent him an email cursing at him. They guy showed me a screenshot of the message and it was very bad. This guy a very aggressive and disrespectful to everyone.
I have also uploaded a video of me on YouTube opening that package that this thief sent me. I have added the link to the eBay listing and I will also add it here so everyone can see it. I took this video in order to have evidence of what this guy tried to do.
Here is the video of me opening the package inside my car after I picked it up from the post office:

Thank you for all of your support guys. It means a lot. I am looking forward to learn more from you guys about Panini items and to trade.

Roberto

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Raletto14 Collectors from Russia are trying to protect themselves from this guy in future, so my friend asked me if you can provide them with a bit more info, so that they have enough proof and ban him from all possible sites.

"
Does Roberto have any images of WC-70 album which Arkadiy was supposed to send to him?
I believe he should receive something in advance from Arkadiy before purchasing???

In this case, if we get these pictures, we will have chance to check with collectors community
whether such album was sold already to anybody else, or maybe Arkadiy will try to sell it in the future again."

Raletto14

Hell Pavle,

Yes, that's not a problem at all. I can provide all of the evidence that you guys need. I have the pictures of the album that Arkadiy sent me. He was supposed to send me a Panini 1970 Mexico album Italian edition. Where should I send the pictures? Pavle, do you want me to email them to you?
Whatever you guys need I will provide it.
Let me know.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Email everything to me, so that we can get this guy punished.
It would be a good idea if somehow you can take a screen shoot of PayPal´s final email and refunds and any other info that can be a solid proof (though we have more then enough already). Make sure to blur or black out any of your own personal info (such as bank account or anything else) in those screen shoots.

Raletto14

Hello,

OK I sent you an email with the screenshots showing the refunds on PayPal and the pictures of the album that Arkadiy sent me.
Let me know if you need anything else.

thanks

Raletto14

By the way one of the other victims also contacted me today and told me that eBay blocked arkadiy's account known as "070911gleb". I checked it out and it says that he is no longer a registered user so I am glad that they took care of that. However, please remember that he still has another eBay account which is still active and it is known as "borodkin1981".

arkadiy

would like to clarify the situation with the THIEF from America, he is a THIEF, but the evidence that from the beginning he was received to sell me packages of stickers:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panini-1978-78-Argentina-World-Cup-WC-WM-Sticker-Packet-Bustine-Tuten-Sobre-New-/291381505959?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d7b0efa7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Panini-1970-Mexico-World-Cup-Sticker-Packet-Bustine-OMAGGIO-VERSION-/291380118715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d79bc4bb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Panini-1970-Mexico-World-Cup-Sticker-Packet-Tuten-Bustine-L20-VERSION-/291373973695?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d73e00bf&nma=true&si=jpZEeXK3W4Q8kJTyi%252BsCUz15Qgk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panini-1990-Italia-WC-World-Cup-Decje-Novine-Sticker-Packet-Yugoslavian-Edition-/301487809087?pt=US_Soccer_Trading_Cards&hash=item463212e23f&nma=true&si=jpZEeXK3W4Q8kJTyi%252BsCUz15Qgk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

and today I saw in his profile a few of the lots, whose photo he just copied the seller from Italy, has put the price more in dollars and put in my store. I wrote to the seller from Italy and received the reply:
ciao, absolutly not . this set is mine, i ask nothing to other seller . can you tell me the usa seller, that i can sign it to ebay ?' thanks
- delfasan
can you show screenshots, a picture of his answer to EBay.

here is the owner of lots, which he exhibited in his shop much earlier than American in my store:
http://www.ebay.it/itm/Album-figurine-PANINI-MEXICO-70-COMPLETE-SET-cards-badges-flags-poster-stickers-/331509444582?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_101&hash=item4d2f80afe6

and this is where a lot of American:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Panini-1970-70-Mexico-World-Cup-Complete-Sticker-Card-Set-SUPER-RARE-/291411493340?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d97a81dc

and also another lot on Americans, and the owner of the goods Italian:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Panini-1994-USA-World-Cup-Complete-444-Loose-Sticker-FACTORY-SEALED-Album-Set-/291411478300?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d97a471c

as seen in the photo of the exhibited goods from the Italian, they are made on the laminate on the floor, that is, all the items with photos made by one person, the seller.

I require a solution to this problem, which appeared due to the owner of this website. the moderator of the website really helped the thief who thought of it and started this hoax and appropriated packages of stickers, album. he made me feel like a thief, and he sells my packages of stickers at the store. and now decided to sell the goods that do not have at home, and the present owner from Italy.

now I'm deals with several buyer from Austria, from Belgrade, I get them to pay simple Bank transfer, Western Union, they got their orders totaling more than 500 euros. of course, I could keep the money and nothing to send, but I sent and they all received.

Hello Everyone,

I am a passionate collector just like everyone that enjoys this page. Today I would like to discuss a very important topic with everyone. This is regarding thief and fraudulent sellers on eBay and any other websites. Today I had a horrible experience after I purchased a Panini 1970 Mexico Complete Album from a seller on eBay.

About 7 weeks ago, a seller with the eBay user name of “070911gleb” contacted me though eBay and told me that he was interested in making a trade for several panini items. We talked for a little bit on eBay and then he suggested that we talk through email so he sent me his email. After talking for a few days, we agreed on a list of items that we would exchange with each other. We also agreed on some items that I wanted to buy from him and one of them was the original Panini 1970 Mexico Complete Album. The seller offered to sell me the album for $2,100.

During the transaction, I seller asked me to send him the $2,100 in various payments to different PayPal accounts. He sent me a list of 5 PayPal accounts and he told me to send different amounts to each account so that the total would add up to $2,100. After I sent the payments, I continued to speak with him through email and he sent me the tracking number for the album. I continued to check the tracking number every day and everything seemed fine because it was on its way to my location. However, on the day of delivery, the package got sent back to the seller in Ukraine because there was a problem with the address. So I had to wait 2 more weeks until the item got returned to Ukraine and then the seller resent me album once again. Today, I got a notice from USPS saying that the album could not be delivered because there was a problem with the address. I immediately went to the post office and I was able to get the package there. When I looked at the package, I noticed that my address was written incorrectly (this was not an accident). As soon as I looked at the package, I could tell that I was being robbed because the person sent me a small envelope and when I opened it, it had a small piece of cardboard inside.

After everything that had happened, I was able to figure out everything that the seller did to rob me and other people as well. Since I was buying the album from this thief, he used my money to rob other people and then sent me a piece of cardboard in order to buy time so that I would not open a case on all of the payments that I sent him.

He told me to send money to different accounts and at the same time, he was using that money to buy panini items from other sellers on eBay. When the people received my payments (which were supposed to be the payments for my album), the thief told these people to ship other panini items to his address in Ukraine instead of the address that was on my PayPal account. During this time, the thief wrote my address incorrectly on the package so that it could not be delivered and this would buy him more time.

Today, I opened a case on PayPal to have my money returned and unfortunately the money that is being returned to me is from other people’s accounts that had nothing to do with this. This thief tricked all of us, and now a lot of people lost a lot of money and panini items. Along with the money that I paid this person, I also sent him several panini items that we were supposed to trade so I also lost a lot of items from my collection.

Below is all of the information that I have about this thief:

ARKADY BORODKIN
EVPATORIYSKAYA STR 1-49
69106 ZAPOROZHYE ZP
Ukraine

This is the name on his PayPal account: Стасюк Юрий

This is his email gleb070911@yandex.ua

This is eBay user name is: 070911gleb

I have also attached a picture of this person on this message. I found this picture on his profile from the website below. There are 2 people on the photo so I am not which one he is but he is one of the person's on this picture.

This is his website showing pictures of his collection and all of the items that he wanted to “trade” with me and he contacted me:

http://my.mail.ru/mail/arkadiy81/photo/_myphoto

This person has a 100% positive feedback on eBay but do not be fooled by this. He is a complete liar and thief and he stole thousands of dollars worth of items from me and many other people that were involved in this scam. Do not do any business with him at all, whether he is buying, selling or trading with you. If anyone knows this person or knows any more information about this person please let me know because PayPal is investigating this case and I want to provide them with as much information as possible.

Please be very careful when you buy items online and follow the guides provided by Pavle on this website on how to buy items safely online. If you have any questions or comments about this person please let me know.

Roberto

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.