How to recognize an original sealed pack ?

redwhite

Well wel well, it seems figurinepanini.org changed his name to stickershop.it and when I took a look at his site and on eBay it seems he's still selling fake packets or resticking labels on other packs. :mad:

Not only his Chinese EURO 2012 packs are fake (see older post from 2018), but this seller also messed up with at least 3 Czech CORFIX labels.

All is starting when I've got a message from a collector who bought a rare CORFIX WC14 packet from a Spanish seller. When he compared the label it seems the fax number was missing. Probably the Spanish seller did business with the Italian sticker_shop (at least he used the same picture) and I'm afraid he's ripped too.

Anyway, I did some research and found some suspicious packets on the site and ebay auctions of sticker_shop.

In 2014 from my Czech contact I've received original CORFIX packs WC14, I'm 100% sure mine are original because that person ordered them straightly from CORFIX.

Here's a picture of my collection:
100% ORIGINAL (fax number ending with 110 is on the label)
original_CORFIX_WC14.jpg

Here is a label that is probably taken from a Czech FIFA365 2018 pack. Here is no fax number on the label, only a phone number ending with 100
fake_CORFIX_WC2014.png Probably recovered and resticked from this one below (no fax number on it) (picture coming from my personal collection and also received from the same trustfull contact
original_CORFIX_FIFA3652018.jpgI did some more research

and when I looked further on the Italian site I discovered more resticked labels.

FIFA 365 2016.
Here we can see again a resticked label (maybe again coming from FIFA365 2018 without fax number, phone only)
fake_CORIX_FIFA3652016.jpg

and here we have the original one coming from my own collection, fax number ending with 110
original_CORFIX_FIFA3652016_110.jpg

Another one?
Yes we have
ORIGINAL
RTWC18: fax number ending with 110
original_CORFIX_RTWC18_110.jpg

Resticked label: no fax number, just phone number (ending with 100)
fake_CORFIX_RTWC2018.jpg

No idea why CORFIX isn't using the fax number on all labels, but because of this evidence the Italian seller is unmasked again with at least 3 corfix packs. :mad:

CSKA Sofia Forever

Beware of this fake packet currently offered on ebay! Its price has already reached 25,50€.
Original Italia 90 Kellogg's packets have 3 Kellogg's stickers inside (it is even written on the back).
On the picture below it is clear that the bottom sticker is a normal one. Same old story - someone buys an empty packet in good condition, fills it in with stickers, puts some glue to "seal" it, and here we go...

fraud.jpg

Mo123

The only packets that I am aware of that have a sticker label on them is the Canada version and Slovakia version.

redwhite

The only packets that I am aware of that have a sticker label on them is the Canada version and Slovakia version.
It's not because someone printed his own labels that all Chinese labels are fake.

see screenshot taken in 2018 from a Chinese online store.
Schermafbeelding 2018-02-25 om 14.44.15.png

Mo123

That’s true but I was referring to World Cup packets only. The South Africa 2010 does not have a variant with a Chinese price sticker. That appears to be stuck on by the shop.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well then, might as well print some portuguese labels and create my own portuguese versions!

Still have the same opinion about those label "versions":

That for me is not a variation, it's just Panini Canada stamping their label on a international packet.

Variation needs to have something unique IN the packet. Color, words, images, etc. Not labels.

I accept though if anyone also extends to these official labels. But not for me.

redwhite

That for me is not a variation, it's just Panini Canada stamping their label on a international packet.
But the 2002 packs with the Canadian labels have a different content. The regular stickers inside those packs have a blue backside, while the others have a black one... Anyway, for me a label sticked on a pack by an 'official distributor' is still a variant.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
But the 2002 packs with the Canadian labels have a different content. The regular stickers inside those packs have a blue backside, while the others have a black one... Anyway, for me a label sticked on a pack by an 'official distributor' is still a variant.
Some stickers have blue backside, but most are black. The blue ones are team stickers, stadiums and Tunisia (can't remember if there's more, I opened two boxes years ago).

I don't know how many packets variations there are in this set, but I'm almost certain canadian packs come from elsewhere, so it's not an exclusive packet with different content. Same with chinese packs, difference is one has a Panini label, other has a distributor label... Again, variation for me is basically a different layout IN the packet, so produced officially either in Modena or São Paulo.

redwhite

It'a all about details @dantzig . And it's not because the outside of a packet has the same design as an international one, that the content has also the same stickers. Now we're talking about 2002 packs, we can also take out the 2002 packets released in Israel. All stickers inside are different, Hebrew type, ... and the cola packs with the extra Hebrew stickers, while the design of both packs on the outside is just the same as the international one.

Here is a good overview of all different 2002 packs: http://challenge-chaser.com/stickerpackets/packets.asp?set_id=16
Recently made by sealed packet collector Mark Pinney. Please take a look and compare.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ok, I accept similar packets with different contents, as long the contents are visible through the packet, so we can be sure it's indeed a different version inside (and it's clear in Mark Pinney table that different stickers are inside israeli packs).

But I really don't think the canadian packs are original, to me it should be from another version (perhaps a north american version for US/Canada/Mexico?)... Maybe there's even two types of international packs with different contents, but only recognized because of canadian labels, which in that case, I will accept the canadian packs as another version, but only IF a blue back sticker is shown through the packet (the proof it's different than standard international version with black backs only).

But really, collecting the same type of packet just because Panini Canada has six different labels? That one is pushing too much, can't agree on that Jurgen, sorry.

Ginstigol

We, diehard packet collectors, even make a difference in all sort of barcodes, front/back number codes, misprint variations etc.:)
But everybody has his own opinion and way of collecting.
As long as it remains pleasant.