How do you store your collection?

Dieter

I think it's different for front or back.
I think the older backsides have acid, they tend to turn yellow.
The newer ones i don't think so.
No idea of what material the front side is made

ilias

I think it's different for front or back.
I think the older backsides have acid, they tend to turn yellow.
The newer ones i don't think so.
No idea of what material the front side is made
This conversation is getting interesting haha,

Do you think for the older sticker the reason why it would start turning yellow is because of storage? Or maybe the glue will start to turn yellow over years, because of climate control ?

The newer stickers should be fine in my opinion things have changed over years our resources must have improved since late 80's

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Pavle @dantzig Hey what @Dieter and I have been speaking about do you think should be a different topic? Or does this still fall under how to stor
It's a follow-up conversation, still interesting and related to the thread... As long it doesn't spread to other unrelated matters, it's fine by me.

Corcevado

How do you store your XXL cards? I am looking for pocket pages for those cards. Anyone? I tried to buy 4-pocket pages from Ultra Pro. But it doesn't fit.

Dieter

I guess all sleeves bend? only solution is toploaders but hey who's gonna pay for that...
My solution makes it fairly cheap and 'safe' (i hope, we'll c in 20 years)

ilias

I guess all sleeves bend? only solution is toploaders but hey who's gonna pay for that...
My solution makes it fairly cheap and 'safe' (i hope, we'll c in 20 years)

Hahaha believe it or not I put my stickers in sleevs and toploaders. My stickers are my passion so some people might not understand why I do this,but it makes me happy.

Dieter

Hahaha believe it or not I put my stickers in sleevs and toploaders. My stickers are my passion so some people might not understand why I do this,but it makes me happy.
So you're living next to a fountain of money?? ;-) you must have thousands and thousands of sleeves and toploaders then...

ilias

So you're living next to a fountain of money?? ;-) you must have thousands and thousands of sleeves and toploaders then...
Haha no, but Sleeves are very inexpensive for $1 you get 100 sleeves. The real amount is when you purchase the Top loaders that can get pricey.

redwhite

Haha no, but Sleeves are very inexpensive for $1 you get 100 sleeves. The real amount is when you purchase the Top loaders that can get pricey.
Only 1$ for 100 sleeves? Now I understand why you need toploaders too.

ilias

Only 1$ for 100 sleeves? Now I understand why you need toploaders too.

Yes for $1 you get 100 sleeves really it's not bad. Now the only thing is the sleeves are made from a material called polypropylene. I have been doing reasreach for a very long time now and this has always been a great conversation. Supposedly the best material is Mylar,but I have not found Mylar sleevs well at least legit ones.

ilias

@ilias But for that price I guess you can't get good quality sleeves. Or do you mean those Chinese loose sleeves which you can't store in ringmaps?

see one of my previous posts of the sleeves I'm using: http://forums.cardzreview.com/threads/storing-seperating-update-stickers.598/#post-11287

What you use are pocket pages. Here's an example, Top Loader,Sleeve & Sticker(down below)
When it comes to material Pocket Pages and Sleevs are most of the time made with Polypropylene.
It's not bad,but let's just say it's not the best.

Attachments