• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Holidays and trips talk

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Not sure about you, but I really like to travel. Besides spending money on cards and stickers, from time to time I like to visit foreign countries.

Anyway, if others would like to share their own plans for trips, or some experience, please feel free to do it.

Soon I will be packing my bag (a little one) while my girlfriend will be preparing her (enormous one) and I will be going to Milano, Italy for a few days.

That said, I will be unable to reply on the forums, emails and comments on the site starting Wednesday next week.

This year I became a bit more interested in photography and video making, and I will be carrying a tiny case with 2 action cameras to capture our holiday.

Hopefully weather wont be as bad as I hope. Though I am not a AC Milan or Inter fan, I will certainly visit San Siro.

On old forum, I remember we had really nice topic about buying collectables in foreign country, so I will be happy to reactivate it and update it with info on Italy, if you guys think its a good idea.

Anyway if anyone has any tips for Milano specifically, let me know :) I visited it 2 years ago for a day, as I was trespassing, so I had no time to truly feel the city and atmosphere.

ilias

All I can say is enjoy! I have not been to Italy yet,but. It's on my to do list. I might go to Spain this year lets just hope :D

Will you be visiting the legendary panini factory?

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Thanks Ilias! Spain is fantastic. Visited Barcelona a while ago including Camp Nou.

Unfortunately I wont be going anywhere near Modena. However @Caniggia will soon be telling you guys more about it (including some photos of the factory).

Caniggia

Contributor
In north Italy was snowing really hard so last days was a kind of nightmare, we are the country of sun and sea ... we don't know what to do with snow :)

@Pavle are you going to Milano this week or next?

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
It will be some time next week. Heard about the snow, and so mad about it, but I am hoping it can be at least around 10 degrees :)

Caniggia

Contributor
Forecast are 10 days of sun :) I was asking about your coming to Milano because this weekend there is Comics Expo in Milano and is a very good opportunity to find a lot of items about stickers, even prices are often higher than ebay... In Bologna will be end of april

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Oh crap, really? Damn. I am sure we will be there Tuesday or Wednesday. So its only for the weekend or? Where exactly in Milano, do you know?

Caniggia

Contributor
btw @Pavle beside the "tour" of Panini factory, if you think is an interesting topic for forum I could do a kind of picture report about some Expo ... now that I have understood how to upload on cardzreview :)

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Sure, you can send me a private message when you want to do that, it would be great. We can feature it on the blog if it will be article type report.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well, I've never travelled too much... The furthest I went was Paris and that was a gift to my mother, who loves painting... So we went 4 days to visit museums and monuments.

Of course, I went to Spain too... Sevilla and Galicia to be more precise... Spent also a week in Andorra, snowboarding all days... Ah, good days :)

My dream trip is visiting Japan, just love their "strange yet awesome" culture... Other asian countries such as China would be nice too... Then, as a heavenly destination, with sun and beaches, Bora Bora for sure! My mother painted a beautiful picture once and it's always above my bed... Tahiti would be awesome too... Damn, any Indian Ocean island! But the weather scares me a bit... Tsunamis, earthquakes, planes crashing... Creepy stuff :\

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Okay, so I guess I am quite lucky, Sunday, when we planned to visit San Siro, is the match day. Milan vs Empoli. Not the greatest derby, but I was wondering if anyone has been to San Siro, and can give me an advice which seats to book online. I realize that cheaper ones are blue and green zone. As a Juventus fan I would not like to go where ultras are of course :) Where is the most secure to watch? Anyone knows?

Caniggia

Contributor
@Pavle in this moment for sure you will not find sold out, anyway is a great experience to go to San Siro for a fooball match. I have been there many times for Inter so I must thing opposite but I try to help you.
Forget third ring, too far from field. Second ring choose GREEN one (curve north, home of Ultras Inter) not BLUE ONE (curve south), is where are sitted Milan ultras. Or spending a little bit more you can choose first ring, and in this case BLUE or GREEN is almost the same. In case you choose first ring under the curves, the view is fantastic, I was there to watch Inter-St.Etienne last november. Price is higher but, I mean, you aren't going to visit San Siro every month.. so.. let's do it ;)

Caniggia

Contributor
For Milan matches guest ultras are sitted at third ring and sometime at first ring, green sector (of course when play Inter is the opposite). If you were going to watch Milan-Roma or Milan-Napoli was different, but i really don't think you could have problem being quiet close to Empoli fans :)

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Great info @Caniggia , I really appreciate it. Thanks for clarifying the difference between the green and blue one. I will certainly go with a green one then.
MILAN STADIUM.jpg

So if I am not wrong, here would be okay (marked green stand in red)? Which of these numbers are okay? Do you know? Appreciate your help really. Never been to San Siro, although I would prefer Juventus, this will be amazing experience. Hope the rain wont ruin the whole event. Weather will be rainy according to the weather forecast. :(

Caniggia

Contributor
@Pavle, second ring choose these sectors: 241/239/240/242. Was the area where i used to be for Inter "when I was young".. If you take center sectors the view is not so perfect for the actions near the goal closer.

In case of raining first ring sector 138 should safe also you .. but it depends in which direction is raining, also second ring could be ok

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Thanks so much for the advice. I will certainly go with some of those. So I guess 241/239/240/242 are not covered with roof? I will book tickets online, it seams the best option.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Got back from Italy-Switzerland trip today. It was short, rainy and a bit cold, but still we had very good time. Our hotel was out of a beaten track though. I would like to thank @Caniggia for all the help. I watched Milan-Empoli, and it was unique experience I will always remember. Empoli nearly crushed Milan :)

One photo from half full or half empty stadium, whatever you prefer. Stayed in green 241 zone as Caniggia recommended. The view was great.

DSCN0002.JPG
@Toni from Barcelona I was in Barca last year, but I will certainly let you know if we plan to come again. I am sure we will as it is one of the best trips I ever had. Beautiful city.