Futbol Matches

LFC1892

Contributor
Southgate paid for his negative tactics. Score a goal in the 2nd minute then invite pressure for 95 mins from the best team in the tournament. He didn't change his tactics, he didn't react.

It is absolutely criminal to sub on 2 young lads in the 119th minute to take a pen. They are still not warmed up properly or got the feel of the game, then give the last pen to a 19 year old kid. Talk about putting pressure on a kid.

Where the fuck was Sterling, why did he not take a pen? He was hiding like chicken.

All 3 young lads who missed for England were not confident in the penalty run up. Rashford didn't even know where to shoot and at the end hit the post althought Donnarumma went the other side. Sancho too was unsure and missed.

Italy deserved to win it as they were the most consistent team. At least my wife and her family are happy.

@dantzig not jinxing them at all it's just the way I felt. My gut feeling told me pens and I was right.

Southgate will keep his job as there is no one else better to do it and the FA is happy with what he'd done so far.
A negative unimaginative man who relegated Middlesborough to the Championship just did the same to England in their biggest match in 55 years. Horrayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to the FA. Fuck.

Vortep

Does a team of the tournament have been officially released by uefa?
I wait for that announcement too.

I believe Italy have 4 men locked: Donnarumma, Chiellini, Bonnuci and Jorginho. Maybe Chiesa too.

England will have Shaw and Sterling for sure.

Vortep

Each Euro or World Cup usually have one player who is consider the biggest find of the tournament. Who, in your opinion is Euro 2020 big find?

For me it has to be Federico Chiesa. Amazing player! And he started out as a substitute! I think he will become VERY big name in European football in the next years.

Only Good Stickers

Each Euro or World Cup usually have one player who is consider the biggest find of the tournament. Who, in your opinion is Euro 2020 big find?

For me it has to be Federico Chiesa. Amazing player! And he started out as a substitute! I think he will become VERY big name in European football in the next years.
Chiesa moved last season from Fiorentina to Juventus for 60 million. He was already a big name in Italy, but now he made a step forward in Europe.
For me I was surprised by Spinazzola, Damsgaard and Rice

Only Good Stickers

Yes, I think there are also some political decisions behind this.
My personal team (4-3-3)
Donnarumma (ITA)
Walker (ENG)- Maguire (ENG) - Chiellini (ITA) - Spinazzola (ITA)
Pedri (SPA) - Rice (ENG) - Damsgaard (DEN)
Chiesa (ITA) - Kane (ENG) - Sterling (ENG)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
First of all, I would like users here to condemn the blatant racism we've seen yesterday after the match... How thick are humans becoming? Is it so normal to even watch governments returning to dark ages, where their main (neanderthal) speech is finding the usual scapegoats, such as immigration or race? I ask you all if you think a white dude would have received such backclash as Rashford, Sancho or poor Saka are suffering? Have they vandalized Southgate home or something? No, it's better to blame the black dudes because it's harder to forgive them just for having a different skin tone.

Definitely Pedri. Maybe because I followed Chiesa when he was still in Fiorentina, so I was not surprised to see him shine... But not Pedri, I thought it could be just hype from one of the worst Barcelona in last year but for a 18 youngster, he's already showing signs of a possible Xavi or Iniesta successor.

Bonucci instead of Maguire, for sure.

Maehle was awesome too, but not sure if he was better than Spinazolla.

Ronaldo is there just because he was top scorer, nothing more, but in hindsight, there was no one clearly better than him, even Schick.

Pogba had brilliant moments, but also gave away key plays, wouldn't place him in the best 11... Either Jorginho or Verratti for me.

Now I see I would replace some for italians, but I guess it's normal as they were the best team overall?

Vortep

In what way did Pogba made a better tournament that Jorginho? If you look at the Euro stats in uefa.com you will see Jorginho was one of the best players of the tournament in terms of defending and distribution. In defending he was top on stats, even better that the defenders.

Joel9

Where you seen this team because if you got to the uefa website its not that one and i have to say why lukaku instead of ronaldo? Belgium eliminated Portugal and went a little longer but Ronaldo was the top scorer so i would he is more deserving
Goalkeeper
Gianluigi Donnarumma (Italy)

Defenders
Kyle Walker (England)

Leonardo Bonucci (Italy)

Harry Maguire (England)

Leonardo Spinazzola (Italy)

Midfielders
Pierre-Emile Højbjerg (Denmark)

Jorginho (Italy)

Pedri (Spain)

Forwards
Federico Chiesa (Italy)

Romelu Lukaku (Belgium)

Raheem Sterling (England)

Vortep

Where you seen this team because if you got to the uefa website its not that one and i have to say its worst the one on their website
Goalkeeper
Gianluigi Donnarumma (Italy)

Defenders
Kyle Walker (England)

Leonardo Bonucci (Italy)

Harry Maguire (England)

Leonardo Spinazzola (Italy)

Midfielders
Pierre-Emile Højbjerg (Denmark)

Jorginho (Italy)

Pedri (Spain)

Forwards
Federico Chiesa (Italy)

Romelu Lukaku (Belgium)

Raheem Sterling (England)
Damn! It was posted in Wikipedia. But now it is gone! I guess, it was not official.

But I do like the new one better! But Chiellini had place in it!

Joel9

Damn! It was posted in Wikipedia. But now it is gone! I guess, it was not official.

But I do like the new one better! But Chiellini had place in it!
For sure Chiellini for maguire but take out lukaku too sorry but i think there more deserving players you have ronaldo the top scorer and either schick but lukaku? He is a great player and played well but he didnt do enough to be in, because if you look from all the individual award winners only ronaldo isnt there why? Would love to know

Vortep

For sure Chiellini for maguire but take out lukaku too sorry but i think there more deserving players you have ronaldo the top scorer and either schick but lukaku? He is a great player and played well but he didnt do enough to be in, because if you look from all the individual award winners only ronaldo isnt there why? Would love to know
I have to agree about Lukaku. I love him as a player, but he was not Team of the Tournament worthy. Even Benzema was more worthy than him tbh.

But yeah, Chiellini over Maguire all day.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

beto18

After EURO and Copa America , now is Gold Cup ;)
20210718_230013-1.jpg
I am not a fan of the Gold Cup but in these times every good football competition is welcome and even more so now that the CONCACAF is broadcasting this edition live through its official channel. I'm watching most of the group stage matches and for free. :cool:
I hope you guys can watch some matches too. ;)