Futbol Matches

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
This Euro started poorly with that Eriksen incident and I immediately thought "2020" stuff is somehow cursed... glad everything else went smoothly and it's been an entertaining Euro so far... not happy with Portugal being out so early, but that's another story to be discussed.

England has the best chance to finally win the Euro and I dare to say this was "made" exactly like that when UEFA basically made the path almost perfect to be played at home (only away match will be the next one, in Rome)... No team has such advantage, even those who also played all group stage at home, so this Euro that was supposed to be played all around Europe is basically a mini Euro 96... Sorry to all english users here, but I would say the same for other countries too, even my own.

I don't think Ukraine can defeat England, but I do believe either czechs or danish can face England in the eyes... Sure, czechs lost in group stage already, but they are powered up now with a great win over Netherlands (though honestly, dutches missing their great center backs was key to such loss)... Danish are even more hyped, not only because of a clear win over Wales, but also because of Eriksen... I think it'll be England vs Denmark in the semis and I dare to even believe danish will return to 1992 final... Personally, I would love to see another Schmeichel in the finals :D

For the "hard side" of this stage, Italy will win over Belgium, unless they play awful like 2nd half against Austria... Spain Switzerland is a no brainer, obviously Spain, mainly because Spain is improving every match and I never saw an underdog playing great two matches in a row (and note the "great", not like 2004 Greece or 2016 Portugal where luck was a major factor)... so here I expect the expected, Italy vs Spain, with no prediction here of who will go to the final.

Small note to the dissapointments: Turkey being the first one, what the hell happened to that team who was on a roll? Then Poland, not even Lewandowski could save them... And of course, that group of death who was faithful to that name, as all "died" in this last stage... Not even sure who dissapointed more here, because all three teams failed in many moments.

Congratulations: Hungary for such amazing performances against former champions; Finland and Scotland for playing with passion and holding on till last minutes.

Sorry for the long post :p

Vortep

Something wild happaned! I guessed all 4 quarter finals with exact result. Won sooo much money :D

I post my predictions for the Semis to see if my streak continues:
ITALY - SPAIN ... 2-1
DENMARK - ENGLAND ... 0:2

Joel9

On paper from everything that we've seen so far i would say italy-england but dont discard danemark they are hyped by what they did so far after the 2 first natches loses and i can very well surprise england that even do they didnt allow a goal until now they can be overconfident and make mistakes, shouldnt take spain for granted either but of the 4 for me are the team that as yet to deliver but who knows, either one of the 4 deserves it but i would rank my favorites in this order danemark (the "underdog" here so would be cool if they beat the bigger teams and a good gift to eriksen) England (they never won it and its the beat chance so far i think) italy ( not that inlove them more than spain but in this euro so far i think they've been better) spain in the end (they suffered with covid an injuries before the beggining and maybe they dont have they best players but other than they're last group stage mstch and the round of 16 match they werent that good) thats my personal opinion still would love more to see Portugal win again but this time the luck wasnt with us and the ball didnt want to go in, either way we had pretty good matches so far, may the best win

Vortep

How do you predict the Team of the Tournament XI?

At the moment I have this 11:

DONNARUMMA (ITA)
SPINAZZOLA (ITA) - BONNUCI (ITA) - KJAER (DEN) - WALKER (ENG)
OLMO (ESP) - JORGINHO (ITA) - MOUNT (ENG) - STERLING (ENG)
RONALDO (POR) - SCHICK (CZE)

The ones in bold are locked for me.

LFC1892

Contributor
Italy been so good in this tournament. Most complete team of all.

If England play as average as they did today v Denmark then Italy will destroy them. Otherwise, am calling penalties.

Only Good Stickers

England will win, as I predicted before the tournament. They play at home, with the supporters, and that makes a difference.
I hope it will be a good final with no discussions other than football.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
How do you predict the Team of the Tournament XI?

At the moment I have this 11:

DONNARUMMA (ITA)
SPINAZZOLA (ITA) - BONNUCI (ITA) - KJAER (DEN) - WALKER (ENG)
OLMO (ESP) - JORGINHO (ITA) - MOUNT (ENG) - STERLING (ENG)
RONALDO (POR) - SCHICK (CZE)

The ones in bold are locked for me.
Goalkeepers is hard to choose, so many who played really well without the proper credit, like Sommer or Olsen... I'm going with my bias Schmeichel, after another great performance, besides being an awesome person, which I honestly can't say the same for Donnarumma *shots fired*

Sterling definitely should be locked in the best 11 too, he's been the best english player for me... with that, I would go with a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3

Dolberg instead of Ronaldo for me, nabbed his chances quite well and even though Ronaldo was more influential than I expected, I wouldn't place in the best 11.

Pedri would be in the midfield too for me just because being so inteligent already in such hard position... but there are already great midfielders.

If England play as average as they did today v Denmark then Italy will destroy them. Otherwise, am calling penalties.
Finally a good "test" for England... Southgate has been clever so far with his tactics, but Mancini is too.

England will win, as I predicted before the tournament. They play at home, with the supporters, and that makes a difference.
I hope it will be a good final with no discussions other than football.
Actually, the best match England has played was out of Wembley... And let's not forget 2016 and 2004 ;)

Joel9

Great match two tremendous teams Italy deserverd to win on the tournament totality, but damn southgate you don't send two players in with 1 or 2 minutes remaining just ro take the pens, they weren't ready they were cold and weren't confident enough to take it, and my personal opinion he can be an amazing player and everything but damn you don't give a 19 years old boy who don't even have 10 or more games in national team the 5th pen, that is one if not the most important was to much preseaure to handle, in the end its good to see the good old italy emerging again and england continuing to build is team, final note for me as portuguese was a absolute pleasure seeing eder passing the torch today great way to honor what he did, now for my Italian friends here congratulations and celebrate a lot but trying to keep it safely as possible

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Congratulations Italy! :) Have to change now my GK choice, obviously Donnarumma deserves the best GK of the tournament.

Wow, I'm astonished with my own predictions, all on point :p Even with Southgate being clever in his tactics (we all saw how Italy couldn't do anything in first half) and then Mancini overcoming with the replacements (massive balls to remove their striker just to play more in the middle)... And voilá, another "host" losing in the final.

You jinxed England, never call penalties in your team when it's clear they crumble under pressure... How many have you lost now? Not even Wembley aura can save the english team, even more if by some insane reason, Southgate decides the most crucial penalties are to be scored by rookies.

Oh right, congratulations for saving your marriage ;)