Futbol Matches

CSKA Sofia Forever

After Colombia, Argentina withdrew as Copa America 2021 host, as well. Any guesses if/where the tournament will take place?
Maybe Panini will issue an update with cities and stadia ;)

Last edited:

Suisse

Qualifiers Qatar 2022 South America : DAY 5

Brazil-Ecuador .............................. 2-0
Argentina-Chile ........................... 1-1
Uruguay-Paraguay ..................... 0-0
Peru-Colombia ............................ 0-3
Bolivia-Venezuela ....................... 3-1

NEXT DAY, DAY 6

Ecuador-Peru
Venezuela-Uruguay
Colombia-Argentina
Paraguay-Brazil
Chile-Bolivia

chriswiggy

Patron
Wales-Denmark 0-4 , Italy-Austria 2-1 a.e.t.
In the above mentioned match between Wales and Denmark, the two goalkeepers facing each other were both players from my club Leicester City. It must be unusual for the second choice keeper at a club to be first choice for his country. So this got me thinking. Has this happened before in a tournament match or indeed in any international match? I did a bit of searching on the net but couldn't find anything. I considered Casillas and Navas when they were both at Real Madrid but couldn't find a match between Spain and Costa Rica during that period in which they both played. If anyone can think of another match where this has happened, please let me know!

CSKA Sofia Forever

In the above mentioned match between Wales and Denmark, the two goalkeepers facing each other were both players from my club Leicester City. It must be unusual for the second choice keeper at a club to be first choice for his country. So this got me thinking. Has this happened before in a tournament match or indeed in any international match? I did a bit of searching on the net but couldn't find anything. I considered Casillas and Navas when they were both at Real Madrid but couldn't find a match between Spain and Costa Rica during that period in which they both played. If anyone can think of another match where this has happened, please let me know!
There must be quite some. I can immediately recall the 6:1 Spain win against Argentina several years ago (2018?) with Man U's de Gea and Romero on goal.

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
My local paper is claiming with confidence that the Schmeichel/Ward example is the only one in the history of the Euros. I would like to hear if there is an example from the World Cup.
This is funny it didn't even register with me that we had both keepers'!

Wonderful tournament so far, really enjoying vast majority of games as a neutral and just want to see good quality games.

Edit! I'm not a neutral at 5pm (6pm CET) tonight of course!