Futbol Matches

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
He was a bit young in Italy so he struggled a little which is kind of normal for younger players.
Release clauses are useless because if set too low the selling club will end up losing money, vice versa if set too high no one will bother paying the money and look for a loophole. Seems like Fernandes has a loophole as you said that might allow him to leave for less. Is Sporting in debt financially or are you stable?
Yes, there's some kind of loophole, but he's also very fair to not let the club down... If not 100m, then something close to it, always good for the club... And yes, club is struggling financially, it's been like that for many years now, even more after what happened one year ago (honestly, most clubs have big debts, but their assets allow it).

@dantzig A big LIKE from me for Krasi Balakov!!! ;)
Hehe, Balakov was probably my first football idol since I remember... At the time, during the 90's, bulgarians had an amazing team, led by Stoichkov, but here Balakov in Sporting and Kostadinov in Porto were heroes too... Was very, very sad when Balakov left Sporting, but still love him and I was happy to know he was appointed as Bulgaria manager (though results lately have not been very good).

I still have my ragdoll with the number 10 written in it!

Attachments

LFC1892

Contributor
Yes, there's some kind of loophole, but he's also very fair to not let the club down... If not 100m, then something close to it, always good for the club... And yes, club is struggling financially, it's been like that for many years now, even more after what happened one year ago (honestly, most clubs have big debts, but their assets allow it).

Hehe, Balakov was probably my first football idol since I remember... At the time, during the 90's, bulgarians had an amazing team, led by Stoichkov, but here Balakov in Sporting and Kostadinov in Porto were heroes too... Was very, very sad when Balakov left Sporting, but still love him and I was happy to know he was appointed as Bulgaria manager (though results lately have not been very good).

I still have my ragdoll with the number 10 written in it!
I think he will go to the highest bidder if the club need the money as you mentioned.

I remember Balakov, the bloke with the curly hair do. He was some player in that solid Bulgaria team of the mid 90's.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I think he will go to the highest bidder if the club need the money as you mentioned.

I remember Balakov, the bloke with the curly hair do. He was some player in that solid Bulgaria team of the mid 90's.
Hopefully the highest bidder is a proper english club, I'll root for it, usually they know how to develop further all players.

Figo was the probably the main star at the time in Sporting, but Balakov was definitely the midfield boss and fans favourite too... Also liked Juskowiak, if there's any polish fan here :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And what about Women World Cup and Copa America? Nobody talks about it?

I couldn't see any of the WWC R16 matches, just the brief highlights from FIFA... All that qualified deserved it? Seemed to me USA was struggling against Spain.

Copa America has been entertaining, group C matches were definitely the best. Too bad the format kinda sucks, with even Paraguay with just 2 points going through (Japan deserved to had more points, but their accuracy was terrible!). Potential Brasil vs Argentina in the semis.

Suisse

FINALS :

Women's World Cup : USA -- Netherlands

Copa America : Brazil -- Peru

Gold Cup : USA -- Mexico

beto18

After several weeks of a lot of football, we already know the champions. :cool:

USA
USA.jpg

Brazil
Brasil.jpg

Mexico
Mexico.jpg

Luckily I enjoyed the three championships and every time I had time, I saw some games (not all but most or the most interesting ones)

Missing the champion of Africa. Unfortunately this championship is not broadcast here in any media but I see the summaries of the matches online.

For me, the big surprise is the debutant "MADAGASCAR"
- In the classification, comes from the preliminary phase.
- After: I qualify for the championship in advance.
- Already in the cup, he won his group and undefeated.
- I pass the round of 16
We will see how far they advance, but with what they have achieved so far they are the revelation of the tournament. I hope they continue like this for the World Cup qualifying phase, it would be nice to have "MADAGASCAR" on the next world cup album. ;)

Suisse

Quarter Finals AFCON ( African Cup of Nations ) or CAN ( Coupe d'Afrique des Nations )

Senegal -- Benin

Algeria -- Ivory Coast

Nigeria -- South Africa

Tunisia -- Madagascar