Futbol Matches

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yes it is time to win a final for Klopp. Spurs will be tough but at least they are an attacking team as well. It's gonna be a good one for sure.

You see Barcelona play in a weak league dominated by 3 teams & sometimes 2. They don't face situations like yesterday every month, never mind every week. It's almost unheard of that they or the 2 Madrid teams get hammered like that even with their big players on form. The first 20 minutes they couldn't handle our pressing game and suffered. Spanish teams in their league don't play that way. They give them too much respect. Klopp & the Reds didn't.
Lately it's been more balanced, both Madrid teams had some scandalous defeats, but indeed, Barcelona still rules... Kudos to Getafe almost guarantee their first CL appearance ever :)

LFC1892

Contributor
Oh @LFC1892 I really wanted to us to win on Monday so we could have an impact on the title race! We're getting better and are very pleased to have Brendan in charge as the players (and fans) are all behind him. Hoping next year we'll see one of Leicester, Wolves or Everton Watford shake up the top-6 a little!

Just realised one of those teams may not be backed by you so I've put a strike through to show willing! We can replace them with Watford then!
haha yes any team but the Blueshite. well done Bob. BR is very good at developing young players and improving them.
I would add West Ham to your list. I always thought Pellegrini is a class manager on & off the pitch.

Lately it's been more balanced, both Madrid teams had some scandalous defeats, but indeed, Barcelona still rules... Kudos to Getafe almost guarantee their first CL appearance ever :)
That race for 4th spot in Spain is going to the last week. Getafe in the driving seat but Sevilla & Valenthia are still strong.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That race for 4th spot in Spain is going to the last week. Getafe in the driving seat but Sevilla & Valenthia are still strong.
Valenthia? @Suchy burn him! :p

Barcelona vs Getafe
Atletico Madrid vs Sevilla
Valencia vs Alaves

Getafe vs Villareal
Sevilla vs Bilbao
Valladolid vs Valencia

Clearly Valencia has the easier calendar, plus h2h advantage against Getafe and Sevilla (first tie breaker)... Getafe losing in Camp Nou and Valencia winning at Mestalla should secure 4th place to Valencia, unless they mess up against 2nd last in final match :rolleyes:

LFC1892

Contributor

Barcelona vs Getafe
Valencia vs Alaves

Getafe vs Villareal
Sevilla vs Bilbao
Valladolid vs Valencia

Clearly Valencia has the easier calendar, plus h2h advantage against Getafe and Sevilla (first tie breaker)... Getafe losing in Camp Nou and Valencia winning at Mestalla should secure 4th place to Valencia, unless they mess up against 2nd last in final match :rolleyes:
That's the way i see it as well mate. Valencia out of the EL today will make them concentrate on finishing 4th. Valladolid already down so they have nothing at stake.
Getafe got 2 tough games. Villareal fighting for relegation will not be easy. The race for 4th been more exciting than the title challange.

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
You have a point... Let's hope Getafe bosses manage the club well and not go overspending CL millions... Leicester managed well, right @LeicesterRob?
Good question @dantzig! We thoroughly enjoyed the CL run and I think the only issue we had was expanding our tight knit squad with expensive players that unbalanced it.

I’m sure that left us with players on big wages (most have gone now) and a less happy squad. We all want CL again as it’s an honour to be in it. My hope is to see us in it one more time!

Claude Puel needs to be thanked for clearing out much of the players no longer delivering and for also introducing youth players (Chilwell, Choudhury, Barnes etc), buying quality like Maddison, Ricardo and Evans plus bringing Tielemans (what a player!) on loan.

Sadly Puel didn’t inspire the team (or the fans) at 3pm KO and that’s where Brendan builds enormous confidence in the players to succeed. Tbh I would of been happy with Claude as DOF overseeing the playing staff structure but I guess that was highly unlikely.

We love our club and feel that if we keep our team together we have a great chance to get a European spot in 2-3 years again! For once we’re not a selling club and I’m sure our young players are on the radar of the top-6 but they’ll need a big cheque!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That's the way i see it as well mate. Valencia out of the EL today will make them concentrate on finishing 4th. Valladolid already down so they have nothing at stake.
Getafe got 2 tough games. Villareal fighting for relegation will not be easy. The race for 4th been more exciting than the title challange.
Problem with Valencia is that they are not a very regular team and have many draws and some losses to worst placed opponents... But of course, they are obviously main contenders for 4th place.

Thanks for explaining Leicester situation @LeicesterRob, hopefully other teams that will be in the same situations can be more restrained with money (don't think so).

Read now this. GO JURGEN!

LFC1892

Contributor
Problem with Valencia is that they are not a very regular team and have many draws and some losses to worst placed opponents... But of course, they are obviously main contenders for 4th place.

Thanks for explaining Leicester situation @LeicesterRob, hopefully other teams that will be in the same situations can be more restrained with money (don't think so).

Read now this. GO JURGEN!
Valencia did drop many points from draws, that's true.

Klopp hits the nail on the head. Some of my mates who are booking their flights & hotels in Madrid are facing those high prices so they might go to the cheaper option of staying outside Madrid in villa or big house sharing the rent for a few nights.

UEFA are a bunch of C***s who don't give two fucks about fans and clubs as long as they make a profit out of the CL and the final in particular. Wanda Metropolitano is 67,000 capacity yet only 16.500 given to us & Spurs!!!
The rest of 34,000 is going to UEFA delegats, their mates, wives, whores and such. Absolute shambles.

Same goes for the Baku Stadium which is around 66,000 capacity yet both finalist get only 6.500 tickets each.
How the very fuck UEFA came up with that? 53,000 tickets is going somewhere where it does not belong.

What a clusterfuck from the UEFA fat cats. :rolleyes:

Suchy

Contributor
Valencia!! We're on the way to the Champions League, now all depends on us, if we win against Valladolid we'll be there. Valladolid also secured a place in La Liga for the next season this Sunday so... they don't need to go for the win :p

Barcelona vs Getafe
Valencia vs Alaves

Getafe vs Villareal
Sevilla vs Bilbao
Valladolid vs Valencia

LFC1892

Contributor
Valencia!! We're on the way to the Champions League, now all depends on us, if we win against Valladolid we'll be there. Valladolid also secured a place in La Liga for the next season this Sunday so... they don't need to go for the win :p
I told you "don't stop believin' :p

beto18

Month of June and many football championships for all tastes ;)

UEFA Champions League (1 June)
Champions.jpg

UEFA Nations League - Final Four (5 - 9 June)
final four.jpg

America Cup (14 June – 7 july)
America cup.jpg

Gold Cup (15 june – 7 July)
Gold cup.jpg

Africa Cup (21 June – 19 July)
Africa cup.jpeg

Womens world cup (7 June – 7 July)
womens.jpg

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
And U-20 World Cup currently playing (where those spoiled portuguese brats achieved the incredible feat of not even securing a best 3rd place in group stage :mad:)

Also, congratulations to Liverpool and @LFC1892 :D Personally, it was one of the most boring CL finals I've ever seen, thanks to Sissoko waving his arm around with Mane right in front of him o_O Expected more from Tottenham too, that first half was terrible, I've even fell asleep :p

Finally Klopp winning his first CL trophy too.

LFC1892

Contributor
It wasn't the best of finals that's for sure. The first half was cagey tight affair. Second half game opened up a bit and both teams showed more ambition.

Maybe the peno was a bit harsh on them but we all seen them given before in different games/leagues.

The last 15 minutes Allison made some great saves after they dominated possession. What a difference a class GK makes and an average one like Karius!!!

Had so much booze yesterday in the pub I don't know how I woke up this morning. Happy happy days, big old ears comes home for the Sixth time. Next season the Prem is ours.

lfc 6.jpglfc 6 klopp.jpg

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
U-20 World Cup has been prolific in surprises so far:
  • Norway scoring 12 in one match, 9 from the same player (which will likely be the top scorer);
  • Portugal was among the favourites, but couldn't get through group stage (again, arrogant brats thinking it would be easy, allied to a manager already dreaming about the millions paid for managing Bahrain next);
  • Now I saw the other two clear favourites, France and Argentina, have lost in Round of 16;
  • Only two european teams (Ukraine and Italy) in last 8, must be a low record for Europe.

Suisse

Mongolia -- Brunei 2-0
Macau -- Sri Lanka 1-0
Laos -- Bangladesh 0-1
Cambodia -- Pakistan 2-0
Bhutan -- Guam 1-0
Malaysia -- Timor Leste ( Friday ) 7-1

Last edited:

Suisse

2nd

BANGLADESH -- Laos 0-0 ( 1-0 )
Brunei -- MONGOLIA 2-1 ( 0-2 )