Futbol Matches

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ahah, "tournaments in unplayable conditions" :p

Prison Mode would be awesome too, with a nice indoor field... But this team could only play against guards with rottweillers and huge iron sticks.

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
WC 98 and 2010 are also investigated. This is just the beginning...

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Today we have 3 Final matches of Scottish and English FA Cup. Scottish finished few moments ago. Arsenal vs A.Villa at 18:30. And last Spanish Copa del Rey Barca vs Bilbao. Those are the matches I am going to watch today. True matchday!

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Oh no! I forgot that there is a German Borusia vs Wolfsburg. By the way Arsenal won English FA Cup, where as Inverness won Scottish one. So many finals, dear God!

Andy

Talk about unfair... the Spanish cup final was played at Barcelona's home ground and the Italian Cup final at Lazio's home ground when both had those respective teams in the final... These finals in European countries are really just an after thought, no importance given to them at all...
Thankfully the English and Scottish finals were played on neutral grounds. where was the german one held?? was that a neutral ground?

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
In case someone has an opportunity to watch, there is a very interesting match going on.

Famous Rangers from Glasgow are facing Motherwell in a match which will determine who goes to the First League. For those who remember, few year ago Glasgow Rangers got expelled to third league, and now they are trying to get back where they belong according to many football fans including myself.

First match ended 1-3 for Motherwell, since the away goal difference does not apply in this case, Rangers must win with 2 goals difference for extra times.

Andy

Will have to slightly disagree with Pavle on this one, which makes footie a great discussion point...there is always differing opinions.
An equal amount of football fans also believe Glasgow Rangers should not be allowed back in the Premiership also...too many clubs run their clubs beyond their means borrowing money and not paying local businesses back by forcing themselves into administration and therefore killing these small businesses without any care, many peoples livelihoods were ruined. Then on the sale of the club once in administration recreating a new Rangers Football Club and expected to be placed straight into the top flight of Scottish football again with no debt. Thankfully the Scottish Premier League refused this request and the Scottish Football League only accepted them into the football league on proviso they started in the bottom division and had a one year transfer ban.
Even now on their easy assent to the Scottish Championship Division they have flouted the standard of the game by Ashley the Newcastle United owner and large shareholder in Rangers Football Club loaning 4 of Newcastle's best young academy players to Rangers in free loans therefore staying within wage restrictions.
Thankfully, gone are the days when Rangers were able to snatch English clubs' best talent when English sides were not in europe (Woods, Drinkell, Butcher, Wilkins etc etc) and live beyond their means.

Congratulations to Suts who scored the penalty (3rd goal) for Motherwell today...gone are the long days and nights on our local playing field!!

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
Talk about unfair... the Spanish cup final was played at Barcelona's home ground and the Italian Cup final at Lazio's home ground when both had those respective teams in the final... These finals in European countries are really just an after thought, no importance given to them at all...
Thankfully the English and Scottish finals were played on neutral grounds. where was the german one held?? was that a neutral ground?
This final had to take place in Madrid, Bernabeu stadium , but the Real denied it pretexting refection works. They just could not stand to let Barcelona win a title at their home. Then Valencia proposed their stadium (as it usually ends each year when the place to play the final is to be decided) but Bilbao prefered to play in Barcelona, a bigger stadium that means biggest incomes. So we can say that Bilbao is the one who chose to play and die in Camp Nou just for money.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@Andy Great points. I do not follow Scottish league that often, so I am sure you know better. But from my totally neutral point of view, I preferred to see Rangers in Premier League, just because of the fans and the derby vs Cetlic. Anyway that is obviously not going to happen this year :)

I expected referee to be on Rangers side. Here its always about bigger clubs. But the ref was pretty fair in both matches. Obviously a better team won. Rangers has really weak squad.

Andy

@Andy Great points. I do not follow Scottish league that often, so I am sure you know better. But from my totally neutral point of view, I preferred to see Rangers in Premier League, just because of the fans and the derby vs Cetlic. Anyway that is obviously not going to happen this year :)

I expected referee to be on Rangers side. Here its always about bigger clubs. But the ref was pretty fair in both matches. Obviously a better team won. Rangers has really weak squad.
Im a bit biased Pavle, I also always like underdogs and everyone just expected Rangers to turn up to the matches and win easily...there is always 2 sides to the story. But 100% agree that Scottish football needs the Old Firm derby match back as soon as possible as Scottish football is dead without it. However, all the little teams in the Championship will have 1 more payday next season with Rangers still in the division and the old firm matches if they happen at the moment, Celtic would just have to show up to win easily unfortunately even with that Deila guy as manager, they could just stick a scarecrow on the touchline in a suit and win the SPL. Everyone calls it a Pub League in England!!

Andy

This final had to take place in Madrid, Bernabeu stadium , but the Real denied it pretexting refection works. They just could not stand to let Barcelona win a title at their home. Then Valencia proposed their stadium (as it usually ends each year when the place to play the final is to be decided) but Bilbao prefered to play in Barcelona, a bigger stadium that means biggest incomes. So we can say that Bilbao is the one who chose to play and die in Camp Nou just for money.
wow...thanks for explaining.... so much disrespect and non-interest in the integrity of the Copa del Rey given to it by the spanish clubs. I thought Bilbao, of all teams in Spain as they seem along with Sociedad to be the most authentic to their roots would give it the respect it deserves. :(

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
By the way Arsenal won English FA Cup
Wenger has now an excuse to clean the dirt of his trophy shelf :p

Real did that in last year too (or two years ago, can't recall)... I could say that's a pretty petty attitude, but being a supporter from a club who has rivals in the city, I can understand Real a bit... They almost had a heart attack when Barcelona nearly managed to get through 2010 CL semifinals, when the final was to be played in Santiago Bernabeú.

stickersCat

Patron
You got very good information Makhno! Very good explanation. I am not neutral and i prefer some European supporter explain the reality about Real, their "president-owner" Florentino Perez...Remember this guy every summer "spend" money over the continent: Beckam, Cristian, Bale, who is the next?

More things happened in this game especially before to start :D:);)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You got very good information Makhno! Very good explanation. I am not neutral and i prefer some European supporter explain the reality about Real, their "president-owner" Florentino Perez...Remember this guy every summer "spend" money over the continent: Beckam, Cristian, Bale, who is the next?

More things happened in this game especially before to start :D:);)
Henry, Ibrahimovic, Chygrinskiy, Neymar, Suarez (though last two have adapted well now, but the Neymar payment is still surrounded in controversy)... Overmars and Saviola in the 2000's... These are the ones I remember.

Sorry, couldn't resist, but this is just to state that both Real and Barcelona just spend poorly their budget, half of the players just doesn't worth it... Florentino Perez is a successful businessman, he knows how to make money, how to manage a large institution, but he doesn't understand jack of football... As for Barcelona presidents, something happened there in the past years to have presidents involved in scandals... In my opinion, both clubs need to purge their demons... Better learn from FIFA! :p

stickersCat

Patron
Henry, Ibrahimovic, Chygrinskiy, Neymar, Suarez (though last two have adapted well now, but the Neymar payment is still surrounded in controversy)... Overmars and Saviola in the 2000's... These are the ones I remember.

Sorry, couldn't resist, but this is just to state that both Real and Barcelona just spend poorly their budget, half of the players just doesn't worth it... Florentino Perez is a successful businessman, he knows how to make money, how to manage a large institution, but he doesn't understand jack of football... As for Barcelona presidents, something happened there in the past years to have presidents involved in scandals... In my opinion, both clubs need to purge their demons... Better learn from FIFA! :p
I repeat i am not neutral. There are some cases, like to get Asian and African young players many clubs are the same method (FIFA punished only Barcelona. at this moment. We have to wait.... Yes, we never know about Neymar price. That's true. That have to be punished, but are you sure if the other star players we know all the truth? Then Barcelona have other "domestic scandals" with Spanish courts but i think there is more politics (about Catalan conflict) than sport scandals.
Personally i think Real and last years Chelsea spend more money about stars. You can read here an article of Marca (release in Madrid) about in 2012 Barça finished a match with all 11 players from their school (La Masia). http://www.marca.com/2012/11/25/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1353875827.html
This dream started with Louis Van Gaal in 1998 (El Pais, other newspaper released in Madrid). http://elpais.com/diario/1998/11/07/deportes/910393206_850215.html
Everybody treated Van Gaal like a crazy manager. Well, sorry for all that explanation...
I repeat again i am not neutral, last president of Barcelona have to be punished especially of Neymar case and i need to improve my english for to explain better all of these cases. I am sorry again.:eek:

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I repeat i am not neutral. There are some cases, like to get Asian and African young players many clubs are the same method (FIFA punished only Barcelona. at this moment. We have to wait.... Yes, we never know about Neymar price. That's true. That have to be punished, but are you sure if the other star players we know all the truth? Then Barcelona have other "domestic scandals" with Spanish courts but i think there is more politics (about Catalan conflict) than sport scandals.
Personally i think Real and last years Chelsea spend more money about stars. You can read here an article of Marca (release in Madrid) about in 2012 Barça finished a match with all 11 players from their school (La Masia). http://www.marca.com/2012/11/25/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1353875827.html
This dream started with Louis Van Gaal in 1998 (El Pais, other newspaper released in Madrid). http://elpais.com/diario/1998/11/07/deportes/910393206_850215.html
Everybody treated Van Gaal like a crazy manager. Well, sorry for all that explanation...
I repeat again i am not neutral, last president of Barcelona have to be punished especially of Neymar case and i need to improve my english for to explain better all of these cases. I am sorry again.:eek:
Real is the king of misspend, I agree with that... Even Chelsea had profit this season only with sales... I don't like Platini one bit, even less than Blatter, but that financial fair play thing seems an improvment to stop greedy agents... And those third party corporations are a plague, always looking players (mostly from obscure countries without regulations) like sheeps... Their eyes only have the $ in them.

Anyway, it's obvious that Barcelona was not the only one to make mistakes, it's just they're notorious and obviously, more eyes are upon them.

Though I'm not a Barça supporter, I recognize their youth development... And the team I support always had pride in their youth development, but obviously, if some stronger teams wants one of our "diamonds", then it's hard to keep the players... Nowadays, we have a president who's probably the greatest fan of the club and he sees the importance of our youth... Combining with poor management from the previous boards, which almost left us bankrupt, we also play with a lot of youngsters and yesterday, we won the Portugal Cup, after 7 years without any major title, losing 0-2 at 83min, managing to draw and winning in penalties... So yes, I understand La Masia concept and so should every top team, instead of buying only.

Glad you recognize Barcelona flaws, because I seriously can't discuss anything who doesn't even acknoledge their own club flaws... You know, fanatic supporters who think supporting the club it's all about going everywhere with them, chanting in the stadium and involving into meaningless fights with rival supporters.

Andy

Interesting point about the FFP guys... due to the court actions of PSG it has thankfully in some ways been relaxed for next season... In some ways I agree with PSG getting this law relaxed and in some ways I disagree.
Basically the FFP preserves the status quo of the top european clubs - no other club would ever be able to break into the top 5 of Barca, Real, Manchester United, Chelsea and Bayern Munich. Chelsea and Abramovich in particular were massive supporters of the system and rightly so, now they have purchased all their top players when Abramovich arrived and bought in youth players for huge sums of compensation from other clubs (wouldve been miles over the FFP allowance had that existed!), they now want the rules enforced. Essentially similar to all the immigrants trying to get into England, basically in that analogy it would be as if the border was CLOSED for no more business!! For teams, especially Manchester City and PSG who are looking to do exactly what Chelsea have done years ago now, this stops them from being able to do that and they argued it was a restriction in trade within the EU.

I must admit i thought FFP would make greedy agents even fatter as the reduced transfer fees which it would incur would enable more commission payments to agents??

With UEFA's u-turn on the FFP regulations, mainly due to the huge Sky TV deal which is now in place for the Barclays Premier League next season... Every club within the premier league is guaranteed a minimum of £62m EACH for 1 season and then an extra £500,000 per position higher than 20th they finish. This basically means that the team which finishes bottom of the Premier League next season will have more income than the team which finishes below Real & Barcelona in Liga BBVA and 2nd place in Serie A below Juve. It will/would therefore have a knock on effect on the transfers between players outside the british isles as Tottenham would be able to outbid AC Milan for any player for example and stay within the guidelines. With FFP relaxed Burlosconi is able to provide Milan with the funds to outbid Tottenham for that same player and therefore AC Milan dont have the worry of FFP hanging over them.

Last edited: