FanTop - Polish Online Shop - Bad Experiences

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That english for an international seller... :confused:

"Baseless slander"?! Seriously, after all the transcriptions we have here, which are more than enough to say they suck in customer service, it's "baseless"? If anything is baseless here, is his brain!

How about apologizing for calling Andy, one of the most reputable collectors in the world, a liar? Or me, for that stupid joke of Santa Claus? I dare anyone saying that me or Andy are not right in this matter! And I can't imagine a single seller answering, without anyone expecting, those answers to regular customers! It's like business suicide!

And the threat is just disgusting... I have all the right for doing a PERSONAL review on a friend's website (written right in the beginning) and I think I explained very well why the low rating in customer service... I'm not making things up, neither is Andy and why should we, if we had such good purchases before? Did they refute anything? No.

Makes me want to answer to that last message of his, where he said he was too busy and for me to find another store: "So you're not so busy now, heh?"... Makes me want to puke these attitudes, complete disrespect for the others.

DetroitStickers

I find that email hilarious. Especially when your review is actually very complementary to them outside of customer service. It's an extremely fair and balanced commentary of their store.

Pavle is my hero.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I find that email hilarious. Especially when your review is actually very complementary to them outside of customer service. It's an extremely fair and balanced commentary of their store.

Pavle is my hero.
Yep, I could have easily downvote many points, just because of their customer service... And I'm pretty sure many people will still buy from them, so they also get free advertising... It's like those celebrities who just want people to keep talking about them, be good or bad things.

Andy

It had to happen those awful problems to me and Andy to finally finish writing that article... Sorry for the delay.

Surprisingly (at least for me), there are already many comments, with suggestions too. Really great response from the community :)

Better start thinking already in part 2, while I'm still pumped up :p
will have a proper read when i get home tonight, but initial viewing the article looks exceptional as always @dantzig ... Quick update on my transaction problems with Fantop.pl - after escalating the problem with Paypal - they reviewed it and refunded me my money - stick that one up your arse fantop.pl!!! Always pay with paypal - great protection!!

Andy

HAHAHAAHAH, Just received an email from people at FanTop.
Here is my reply there as well.
View attachment 1756
favourite reply EVER!!!

Unfortunately for Fantop.pl as an online store, they are subject to reviews of bad & good customer service. This is the whole point of having an internet to share experiences so other people dont fall into the same trap. They cannot shut anyone down, Paypal have already investigated my case and found them to be in breach of terms and conditions governing online stores.
Instead of sending the most ridiculous email to this site to try and shut down our views of our experiences, they should be more worried about producing fake cards...for example, I have a Bobby Moore made up card from them as part of their sales campaign in my transaction. Do they have the necessary publication rights from the Bobby Moore foundation? Also the luis Suarez image they use on another... Maybe i should email the relevant people who supply these licenses to check they have paid the fees to be allowed to produce these cards???

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
WOW... It seems these guys are losing control of themselves... I don't know how to qualify the threat they sent to Pavle but the only word that comes to my mind is : pathetic.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I can just agree with what Makhno said. Its pathetic and amusing at the same time. I did not find a review nor offensive or anything. It was pretty much honest one. And instead of thanking us for pointing out flaws in their customer support and suggestions for future improvement, they literary attack me as a site owner.
Of course, this just shows that this shop is probably run by under-age kids with zero knowledge on business, marketing and customer respect. One more proof to avoid this store, nothing else.
Just as an example, here is a reply from a store called Corinthian Seller also featured in a review.
Thanks for the review. You made some good points and we are working to
action many of them with a newly re-designed site which should be ready for
the start of the next football season. Maybe I can get you to revisit when
we launch the new site?
I have sent an email to both stores featured in a review (third one is no longer in business).

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know that we reviewed your store on our collector
site.

You might be interested in seeing how collectors rated it by different
criteria. This might help you improve your store and service.

Have a wonderful day.
Sincerely,
Pavle
So the reply from Corinthian seller was the one from above, and the famous reply form FanTop PL who does not even deserve a link from this site. Such an idiot.

The way you want to run your business : Thank a reviewer and work your ass to improve things you feel will benefit your customer the most.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
favourite reply EVER!!!

Unfortunately for Fantop.pl as an online store, they are subject to reviews of bad & good customer service. This is the whole point of having an internet to share experiences so other people dont fall into the same trap. They cannot shut anyone down, Paypal have already investigated my case and found them to be in breach of terms and conditions governing online stores.
Instead of sending the most ridiculous email to this site to try and shut down our views of our experiences, they should be more worried about producing fake cards...for example, I have a Bobby Moore made up card from them as part of their sales campaign in my transaction. Do they have the necessary publication rights from the Bobby Moore foundation? Also the luis Suarez image they use on another... Maybe i should email the relevant people who supply these licenses to check they have paid the fees to be allowed to produce these cards???
Instead of threatening everyone who doesn't "amen" to them, they should first check if the shop itself doesn't have "glass roofs" (it's a saying here in Portugal, to everyone who attacks someone for something, but also have issues that can be attacked).

Just as an example, here is a reply from a store called Corinthian Seller also featured in a review.

I have sent an email to both stores featured in a review (third one is no longer in business).

So the reply from Corinthian seller was the one from above, and the famous reply form FanTop PL who does not even deserve a link from this site. Such an idiot.

The way you want to run your business : Thank a reviewer and work your ass to improve things you feel will benefit your customer the most.
When I was wondering where the letter was, Richard (the owner of CS, I think) was very friendly and his way of writing gave me some assurance I would receive... And I didn't said this in the review (remembered only now), but I had a problem with Paypal and I could only pay two or three days after I ordered... No problem at all, he sent the next working day he received the payment and he even remembered me that it could be taking longer since he only sent after I paid... Fair speech, no stupid jokes, no hidden threat.

If it wasn't for that checkout problem (and stock variety), I would give an 8 or even 9... Like I wrote in the review, there are some points more valuable than others and customer service is probably the most important.

Maybe I can get you to revisit when we launch the new site?
Gladly will do. Looking forward to the new website.

LFC1892

Contributor
i think you should buy from Poland ie makscollection.pl (NOT FANTOP.PL - fantop is the WORST internet site to buy cards from and NO GUARANTEE he will send you what you order, stay well away from that site) but just buy the international edition when they are released in Poland and not the nordic edition which will be a lot more expense, if you can just wait a little longer for the Polish issue to be released.
funny you say that because I had the opposite experience. FanTop was very accomodating and communicated well while Elziabeta or whatever the name is from Maks don't even bother to send an email with updated info on when packets were sent.
After a couple of smooth buys on their site and e-bay it started going pear-shaped.
One time they emailed me back asking for more money to cover shipping after I paid for the order. Suffice to say I filed a pay pal dispute and got my money back. Before that on e-bay they sent me a Road To Euro 2016 Polish Starter pack that had only 1 LE card instead of the 3 they advertised. Again I pulled them on it and they ended up sending me opened used LE cards. Very dissapointing.
On the other hand, Wojtek at FANTOP always told me what was going on. His home made cards that he sends for free are top notch and lets not forget the other freebies he sends his customers. For me FANTOP hands down pisses all over Maks but It is a matter of choice Andy. ;)

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well I would really like to hear from jerks over at that store, was wondering if they are still alive, as if some here remember, they promised to sue our website! Bunch of amateurish kids/kid that sells cards are in charge of FT for sure.
Glad to hear that someone actually had a positive experience with these bunch of pricks.

Manfred

funny you say that because I had the opposite experience. FanTop was very accomodating and communicated well while Elziabeta or whatever the name is from Maks don't even bother to send an email with updated info on when packets were sent.
After a couple of smooth buys on their site and e-bay it started going pear-shaped.
One time they emailed me back asking for more money to cover shipping after I paid for the order. Suffice to say I filed a pay pal dispute and got my money back. Before that on e-bay they sent me a Road To Euro 2016 Polish Starter pack that had only 1 LE card instead of the 3 they advertised. Again I pulled them on it and they ended up sending me opened used LE cards. Very dissapointing.
On the other hand, Wojtek at FANTOP always told me what was going on. His home made cards that he sends for free are top notch and lets not forget the other freebies he sends his customers. For me FANTOP hands down pisses all over Maks but It is a matter of choice Andy. ;)
It's not a matter of choice LFC1892, it's a matter of experience. I ordered 3 megastarters and they arrived empty, no boosters in it, no limited editions! Also I received 4 boxes of boosters of the Champions League Nordic Edition, in those 4 boxes (200 boosters) was only 1 (ONE !) shiny card. They had find out a way to sort the boosters. And yes there were a few extra's with my order but in total it was a big scam!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@LFC1892 Problem with FanTop is not the items (@Manfred you were talking about who? Fantop or Maks?) ans surely not the freebies, which were always great, it was how that Wojtek dude handled problems... I bought five times from them, no problem at all (well, two minor problems, but one I didn't bother to complain, other I warned him in the next order and he took care of it... But then, in my last order, after I buy some stuff, he claims he can't send all due to huge shipping costs (which is not my fault he doesn't have different shipping costs), so he'll send just a few WITHOUT consulting me first of what I needed... I demanded that he got the parcel back (yes, he already had the parcel sent or ready to be sent) and he just answers me "I'm not Santa Claus", like I wanted him to send all things... Then that thing with Andy, calling him a liar.

As for Maks, I already told here (page 2 I think) that I received an empty album completely wasted... So I'm not a fan of any of them, though I pay much more attention to customer service than damaged items... These can be replaced, proper manners cannot.

Again to Manfred... I remember seeing a russian guy opening boosters from World Cup that had only the foil cards... It was just by touching the packet, so yes, it can be done... That's why many stores sell loose packets very cheap, because they already got the packets with the rarest cards... It's noit a coincidence that, in many hundreds of packets I bought, only got one Double Trouble... Ok, I had some bad luck with many blisters and sealed boxes, but many of them were loose packets and in none of them I got a Double Trouble.

Manfred

@LFC1892 Problem with FanTop is not the items (@Manfred you were talking about who? Fantop or Maks?) ans surely not the freebies, which were always great, it was how that Wojtek dude handled problems... I bought five times from them, no problem at all (well, two minor problems, but one I didn't bother to complain, other I warned him in the next order and he took care of it... But then, in my last order, after I buy some stuff, he claims he can't send all due to huge shipping costs (which is not my fault he doesn't have different shipping costs), so he'll send just a few WITHOUT consulting me first of what I needed... I demanded that he got the parcel back (yes, he already had the parcel sent or ready to be sent) and he just answers me "I'm not Santa Claus", like I wanted him to send all things... Then that thing with Andy, calling him a liar.

As for Maks, I already told here (page 2 I think) that I received an empty album completely wasted... So I'm not a fan of any of them, though I pay much more attention to customer service than damaged items... These can be replaced, proper manners cannot.

Again to Manfred... I remember seeing a russian guy opening boosters from World Cup that had only the foil cards... It was just by touching the packet, so yes, it can be done... That's why many stores sell loose packets very cheap, because they already got the packets with the rarest cards... It's noit a coincidence that, in many hundreds of packets I bought, only got one Double Trouble... Ok, I had some bad luck with many blisters and sealed boxes, but many of them were loose packets and in none of them I got a Double Trouble.
That is why I buy boxes, not loose boosters, but Fantop has put 50 wearthless boosters in a box, put some plastic around it and sold it as a new box. And about the empty starters packs he just accused me of stealing those boosters and limiteds myself. So much for his handling problems. Never again Fantop!

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That is why I buy boxes, not loose boosters, but Fantop has put 50 wearthless boosters in a box, put some plastic around it and sold it as a new box. And about the empty starters packs he just accused me of stealing those boosters and limiteds myself. So much for his handling problems. Never again Fantop!
He's delusional, some kind of persecution mania... Does he really think we're all bad guys? But the business must be going well, he can afford to lose a lot of customers just because he's a jackass.

Ok, now I found a hardcover binder in Panini Belgium shop.

LFC1892

Contributor
@Manfred @dantzig I'm surprised you lads had issues with FanTop. The last order I had with him there was a Nordic Double Trouble that I needed so I ordered it but then he sent me an email back saying it was sold out, he automatically refunded me the money on my pay pal account. Another incedent was like Dantzig. After I paid he told me that the packet was heavier than he thought and that I need to pay more Zloty or he can send it by ship. So he gave me an option, I chose Ship becasue I was not in a hurry.

As for booster boxes, I bought a Road To Euro 2016 box from him and it was sealed properly.

I got 6 base Danish players, the badge, 1 Line up, Hojberg x2 & Agger x2. In adddion I got 5 Czech Rep players and the badge.
So all was left is Schone, Dockal & Rosicky.

I'm sorry but am not buying this booster boxes opened and resealed. You can tell from the sticker on the box if it was tampered with.
From E-bay alone I had purchased about 10 CL 14/15 booster boxes, all from Poland, from 3 different sellers.
They were all good. I got a legend card in 7 out of them 10. One box I got 3 Double Trouble cards which was astonishing.

Again it is a matter of choice who we buy from based on experience. I have been in the Sales business for 20 years and I know that if you treat your clients well they will come back but at the same time I have to understand that if there was an issue at some point I have to rectify it or attempt to solve it. If it works brilliant, if it doesn't, at least I tried. Customer at 99% appreciate that.

Hope you lads found sellers that suit your neeeds. Cheers.

Andy

do you still have those emails Manfred...? Im going to absolutely slaughter the guy on my youtube channel - still putting together a really tasty video...i forgot they mugged you off as well. So thats 2 of us he's called liars now then... he has lost your business forever and i know how much you invest in the hobby so he is an absolute mug!
I am astonished that @LFC1892 has had a positive experience...although once completing checkout, for the seller to come back and ask for more money is an unacceptable practice in my eyes, not exactly customer service when you take into account how mn cards and places like that treat valued customers.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I can't talk about manipulated products, I think I always received brand new products... Starter Packs, Tinballs, Giftboxes... Many, many loose cards... Actually, I purchased a full AXL 2014 WC box, but that was to my friend who likes to keep brand new products (he doesn't collect sets)... One day I'll check with him.

Anyway, @LFC1892, at least with you he gave another option, to me was like this "I can't send all you purchased because I pay much more for shipping, therefore I send you X from this and Y from this"... Didn't ask what items I would prefer to be sent, let alone give a "Ship" option (but you're from Canada, so it makes more sense I guess)... Right after he sent the message, he marked the order as "shipped", with the transportation company already saying it was already on the way... All that made me mad and I wasn't kind answering him... Anyway, all story is in that thread Pavle shared in some post above.

do you still have those emails Manfred...? Im going to absolutely slaughter the guy on my youtube channel - still putting together a really tasty video...i forgot they mugged you off as well. So thats 2 of us he's called liars now then... he has lost your business forever and i know how much you invest in the hobby so he is an absolute mug!
I am astonished that @LFC1892 has had a positive experience...although once completing checkout, for the seller to come back and ask for more money is an unacceptable practice in my eyes, not exactly customer service when you take into account how mn cards and places like that treat valued customers.
I've wondered if you let that go, but it seems not, which is a relief for all community know what they should expect... I don't want the guy to be bankrupt nor desire a piano falls on his head, but he needs to treat better his customers and not be a jackass when someone demands a satisfaction for the poor service.

Anyway, those checkout issues are always a problem... And by coincidence (or not), polish sellers are not that good in that... Customer service could be better, though they're the best when sending gifts.

LFC1892

Contributor
Andy, am a subscriber to your your tube channel but a different username ;) and I value your opinion as a collector and a person but what good would it do slaughtering the fella without proof. As I said earlier above there is no proof that such shenanigans can be done when it comes to picking packs that got more desirable cards or what not.