Euro 2016 Football Matches

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Trivia: Gudjohnsen had his first cap for Iceland when he replaced his father in 1996:

LFC1892

Contributor
Fantastic win for Hungary. Fully deserved. Nagy & Klinehielser are two excellent young midfielders.

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
100 % accurate bet for me ! but no money, just bet among friends

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
100 % accurate bet for me ! but no money, just bet among friends
About bets, Austria had around 1.7 odds to beat Hungary, so around 60% chance to win... When I saw it, I thought right away "this can't be right, Austria might be a bit better than Hungary, but not so much"... Guess I was right too, though I would have bet on a draw.

Anyway, this can benefit Portugal, since Dragovic is out against us... It can also benefit Hungary if Portugal win today, because Iceland will need to attack more against Hungary, therefore a more open game to Hungary... But for this, Portugal players need to have their heads cleared from any easy match they might think, even if they claim not to take any opponent lightly.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well, that was embarassing... Iceland style of play is just what we hate most, defender kicks the ball to Sigthorsson, he always wins the aerial battles, then hope something good come out... Yet, they manage to score from a cross where Vieirinha must had a temporary brain stop to leave Bjarnason completely alone.

As for Portugal, I'm even more embarassed with the second half... João Mário somehow fails in the decisive matches, Moutinho almost a ghost, Danilo nervous... André Gomes did some good stuff in first half, then nothing... Kudos to Nani for always trying, also Pepe for at least being well positioned, since they can't win any aerial battle.

And last, the great Ronaldo obviously needed to do better for what he's worth... I counted three times where he could have touched the ball for one team mate completely unmarked, but as usual, he tries to shot... Missing also the header more to the end of the match didn't earn him more points.

My compliments to Iceland for strictly playing what they know best for teams like ours... It's an ugly game they play, but very effective... Ours wasn't prettier anyway.

Ceesmk

Today I go to the Parc des Princes for Romania vs Switzerland; I hope that the Romanians will show their figthing spirit to propose something, because I find the Euro disappointing since the beginning. Sorry @Suisse, unfortunately I'm waiting for nothing from the Swiss team, it's well organized but not very interesting...

Helios

Contributor
Today I go to the Parc des Princes for Romania vs Switzerland; I hope that the Romanians will show their figthing spirit to propose something, because I find the Euro disappointing since the beginning. Sorry @Suisse, unfortunately I'm waiting for nothing from the Swiss team, it's well organized but not very interesting...
you are damn right - tournament started yesterday with the first big surprises.
I hope the "favorites" will get their ass kicked from now on..vive le outsiders !

Suisse

;):) :p My best swiss team is USA 94 with Chapuisat , Geiger , Bregy , A. Sutter , Knup , etc ... and my best France team is Mexico 86 with Platini , Tigana , Giresse , Bossis , etc ....

I hope France and Switzerland to Russia 2018 World Cup :D :p

Ceesmk

The game was so poor! And France sucks too! USA 94 and Mexico 86? The proof that the general level of the national teams is now really down (not only in Europa, in South America too). If you want to watch great football, there is the UEFA Champions League, not the UEFA Euro...

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
If you want to beat France quite easily, insist on their left wing : Matuidi and Evra will let you do what you want with pleasure and great sense of hospitality

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
The irish are again showing why they are the best supporters in Euro
Absolutly right. I don't know if you've seen when they clean the pitch of the fan zone after having thrown hundred of beer bottles ? Touch of class, even drunk.

Last edited:

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
What was the point of those Croatian ultras can someone explain ?
Either it was some czech undercover, russian or english hooligans or just croatian idiots who thinks they can only party when they do something wrong... I'll go with this last option, ultras/hooligans and intelligence just don't connect.

Pei

I'm pretty sure they wanted to protest on something, that still doesn't make them innocent or less stupid but maybe they had a real purpose behind it.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'm pretty sure they wanted to protest on something, that still doesn't make them innocent or less stupid but maybe they had a real purpose behind it.
Ultras have always the same reason: disrupt any festive environment with some incredibly dumb idea that only they think it's cool... Many croatians nearby almost beat the crap out of the guys who thrown the flares and I saw some news saying that croatians were yelling "don't shame our country" or something like that... Croatia manager was angry at the end, Rakitic blamed those idiots for ruining croatian momentum (the game was under control for Croatia, more to 3-1 than 2-2) and obvisouly UEFA won't be tolerant with Croatia Football Federation... From an almost guaranteed qualification to a possible disqualification (though I don't think it'll happen, Russia and England supporters have done much worse).

This also shows how UEFA/France authorities are a joke... First, the Russia vs England fights in the streets, no control whatsoever, even if russians are highly trained... Second, how they allow flares and other dangerous material to be inside the stadiums... For a country who was attacked in the last months, I ask what sense of security the french people have these days.

Reactions: Pei

Ceesmk

In France, it's clearly impossible to propose a correct security for the Euro, the transports and the sensible places due to the terrorist risks, the strikes, and moreover there were problems 2 weeks ago with floods in Paris and the suburbs. It's really too much, we don't have enough forces for everything; I think France should share the organization with other countries (for the 1st round only) after the terrorist attacks of November