DetroitStickers Collection

My collection is very humble, as I just got started this month. I have wanted to be involved for awhile, but I finally convinced myself to jump in and I couldnt be happier.

Below is a couple images of the boxes and albums I currently have. A lot more on the way. I have only opened about 70 packs so far, as I am trying to do a little at a time to not spoil the enjoyment. Plus, I am studying for some crazy professional exams so time is limited anyway, haha :)

So on with it:
IMG_0242.JPG IMG_0243.JPG

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Holly smack, a month into the hobby and you already have this? Congratulations! It looks very nice.
Make sure to actually complete an album and do some trades instead of buying all the time. Hobby is fun when you meet people, do trades, discover new info and complete collections. This is just my opinion of course. I was a crazy buyer few years ago, and I feel more happy when doing trades, investigating, spending time looking at album, researching on players etc.
But so far, you are on the right way, looking forward to more images once you get more boxes.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yeah, in my first year I was also buying like crazy, trading and trying to get as much as possible (without compromising my budget)... Eventually, the "fever" died, though I'm still all up for opening packets, sorting stickers, writing missing lists, etc... Now I'm more quiet and also prefer to exchange experiences and know more about the collections I'm interested in... It's more fun to me, I guess ;)

Here is what I currently have incoming (literally from all over the world):

-Album and box of Euro 2012
-album and 150 packs of Topps Premier League 2015
-album and 100 packs of Topps Doctor Who stickers (I couldn't resist while ordering my premier league stickers)
-album and 215ish packs of Calciatori 2014/15
-album and box of 2014 NFL panini
-hardcover Copa America 15 album
-WC 2006 and 2010 album

It's getting real over here in Detroit. I am actually considering making some Pavle style videos to post as well, especially for the U.S. Stuff. I have a good camera/tripod/microphone, I just need to figure out how to make them all work nicely together.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Creating videos is very nice idea! And just when I was trying to find someone to replace me ;)

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Haha, well we had some ideas with @dantzig about forming a network of separate channels that will have one goal - inform people and spread the passion about the hobby. So if you are interested, let me know. Basically channels will work separately but use similar branding and help out each other and so on.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I just need to get a good camera... Or a good app for a smartphone with ancient android (2.3.6), I don't want to do unboxings with "foggy" stickers and cards.

Anyway, I'm seeing here many comitted people, from all over the world, that can help spread the passion... So yeah, why not?

I now also have coming:

Nba 14-15 album and box
La Liga 14-15 album and 2 boxes
Champions league 15 starter pack.

I love collecting these things. It will be fun this summer when the new stuff starts releasing and I can get in on it when it's new.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
This reminds me of my first months ;__; Well, not buying as quickly as you did, but I've spent a lot of my first year just buying and swapping all weeks.

This reminds me of my first months ;__; Well, not buying as quickly as you did, but I've spent a lot of my first year just buying and swapping all weeks.
It's just a really convenient time. With it being a year after the last WC and with the regular seasons being all over, I have been able to find everything (except for WWC 15 and Copa America) for fantastic prices online.

I will say that this has already become one of the most enjoyable and relaxing hobbies I have picked up in a very long time.

I just love that after the joy of ripping packs, I get hours of entertainment carefully placing the stickers in the albums. I'm really glad I decided to stick my stickers, otherwise I would likely be bored by now.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Wait until you get more into swapping and meeting new people. Discovering some insane errors, learning about new collection... And the biggest excitement, holding a complete album, thinking of all the people who helped you complete it. Priceless.
Just do not rush, I understand you want to get items at good prices, and now indeed is a good time. But take one collection at a time. When I was a kid, my father used to hide packs all over the house. Two packs per day, and boy I was over the moon when I found them. Sometimes its not about quantity, remember that. This is a tip from a true hoarder (me).

Wait until you get more into swapping and meeting new people. Discovering some insane errors, learning about new collection... And the biggest excitement, holding a complete album, thinking of all the people who helped you complete it. Priceless.
Just do not rush, I understand you want to get items at good prices, and now indeed is a good time. But take one collection at a time. When I was a kid, my father used to hide packs all over the house. Two packs per day, and boy I was over the moon when I found them. Sometimes its not about quantity, remember that. This is a tip from a true hoarder (me).

Oh I'm not hoarding. Well I mean I am sort of, just because I'm buying faster than I'm opening/sticking, but not really. I'm not buying just to buy. I have no interest in just purely collecting piles of stickers. I literally am LOVING putting my stickers in the albums.

I don't even plan on these things becoming worth money down the road. I'm not going to buy every variation of everything. I'm in this as a purely enjoyable hobby/activity as opposed to collecting with the expectation of future value. It's a mindset that allows me to take my time and enjoy it. It also makes it easier when I don't place a sticker perfectly in the margins (gasp!).

I do look forward to trading. I hope I can find some people here in Detroit that collect panini. I have been raving about them within my local soccer supporters group so we shall see, haha.

Also, I am working on Copa America right now and it's just such a pretty album. Love this hardcover version as well.

I love this forum :)

Sergio Z

Contributor
@DetroitStickers Pretty decent collection, since you've started just on may.

I do love placing stickers in the albums, too. I know that feel!

It's always a good idea to look for people to swap on social networks. I didn't know there was a huge community of collectors in Lima until 2012, when I joined some collectors' groups and got to know very nice people :) At worst, there may not be collectors in your hometown, but taxes for national shipping are not so expensive.

Andy

Pavle's dad done exactly the same as what my old man used to do when i was a kid...gives me good & bad memories at the same time!! My dad used to hide packs around the room and make me walk around looking for them by saying hotter if i got close and colder if going wrong way... just wanted my packs to open for christ's sake!! we laugh about it now though...i used to get 5 packs a week on a friday night when he got home from work. It does give families good memories to laugh about though, which is what collecting is about!!