Copa America 2019 - Brazil

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Well, this is the second collection, as it happened recently with Tour de France, where albums are unexpectdely sold out.
Do you friends have an opinion in regard to this inconvenient?
CA19 boxes are also sold out, Gaspare... Really can't understand why Panini places so few items to sell online, seems like they didn't grasp so far that many want to buy from them those big collections only available in certain areas or countries... It was expected that TdF and CA would have really good sales online in Europe, particularly CA for obvious reasons.

However, I believe that in some months, we might have some nice sales from this, as some european ebay sellers import those "leftovers" from South America.

Caniggia

Contributor
There are 2 editions of the 2019 Copa America album.
I just received another list showing Ederson as #20 for the Italy edition and no Vinícius Jr.. This makes sense because that will be 2 goalkeepers for Brasil just like the other selections on the album instead of 1. Let's wait and see when the album comes out.

View attachment 12326
hi everybody, can someone confirm this info. I've asked to Panini Italy and they have no stickers of Ederson, nr. 20 is Danilo as for brasilian edition. So I think was a mistake previous printed and exist only one version of this album (in different case, if someone can send a picture, thanks)

Hoddle01

I think it's safe today that There has never been an Ederson sticker. It was planned but Panini got excited over the Vinicious Jr hype and took a gamble on him being selected. It backfired!

beto18

hi everybody, can someone confirm this info. I've asked to Panini Italy and they have no stickers of Ederson, nr. 20 is Danilo as for brasilian edition. So I think was a mistake previous printed and exist only one version of this album (in different case, if someone can send a picture, thanks)
@Caniggia The sticker number 20 is Danilo for all the albums in this collection. There was so much talk about sticker number 20 EDERSON and it never existed at all and it was just wrong information or an error in the previous lists that PANINI showed for this collection.

I never saw the EDERSON sticker anywhere and I can assure you that it does not exist. There are also no extra stickers or official PANINI update stickers.

Then for this collection 400 stickers only.

Hoddle01

With Brazil having won the Copa America, I wonder if Panini may change their procedure by doing a squad update sticker set?

The England women's world cup updates have made a belated appearance for the first time, so who knows?

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
With Brazil having won the Copa America, I wonder if Panini may change their procedure by doing a squad update sticker set?

The England women's world cup updates have made a belated appearance for the first time, so who knows?
Hi @Hoddle01 i had no idea there is an update set and I couldn’t see anything on eBay etc. Is it out now?

Edit: just seen it on Panini site for £2.99. Looks like there’s 8 new stickers

Jamiepr74

Just this via ebay.......nice and colourful collection.......bought it complete with the hardcover album. The pages are so much better quality than a softcover album!

gaspy

As report by our well-known friend @Caniggia , special album + extra stickers were distributed during some matches of Copa America 2019 and only in specific sections of the stadium after a draw. Therefore I guess this set could be considered as extremely rare :)

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yeah, @Caniggia forgot to share with us here (I also shared his post on Facebook).

It's considered a ultra rare edition, it's like @gaspy wrote, given away in randow draws on specific sections (almost certain the VIP area). Whoever got it and now wants to sell it, it's asking for prices in the hundreds (be reais, euros, whatever, it's damn expensive).