Copa America 2019 - Brazil

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You can now buy Copa America box + hardcover album in Panini website of your country.

Hoddle01

Thanks dantzig.

I only need the hardcover album but at the moment they are not selling it separately.

I have emailed them to see if this is possible.

Thanks again.

martinw

I bought a box from Panini direct and got 80 duplicates out of 250. Perhaps I shouldn't have bought a second box but I did, came today, had to open 14 packets before I found a sticker I didn't already have, it was the 68th sticker :mad: . I've emailed Panini UK but very much doubt they'll do anything to help me. This shouldn't happen, I've read online how crap Topps are but this takes the biscuit.

LeicesterRob

Contributor
Patron
I bought a box from Panini direct and got 80 duplicates out of 250. Perhaps I shouldn't have bought a second box but I did, came today, had to open 14 packets before I found a sticker I didn't already have, it was the 68th sticker :mad: . I've emailed Panini UK but very much doubt they'll do anything to help me. This shouldn't happen, I've read online how crap Topps are but this takes the biscuit.
Hi @martinw
Firstly, welcome aboard to this great website! That's incredibly bad luck by the sound of it. I'm not sure what the chances are as I've not experienced it before but I wondered if it could happen. I'm finding it easier to order full sets from eBay when the collection isn't on the shelves here in the UK. If it's any consolation I had a nightmare collecting Chile Campeonato 2017 (league album) long distance - it was no problem buying packets but trying to find #45 is still eluding me!

Back on topic, have you tried Sticker Manager to swap your Copa spares? There's 30 collectors on it right now that you may be able to get some swaps. It's mainly a European set of collectors so I'm guessing you'll have some similar people looking for your spares. You'll need an hour to list the spares you have etc but it will be worth it. I use it for Champions League, World cup and Premier League mainly. My only gripe is for big collections (World Cup) you sometimes receive stickers that aren't up to your expected quality but I'm guessing you won't have a problem for Copa as most in Europe won't be able to collect it on the shelves.

To get the website, just search 'stickermanager'

martinw

Hi Rob,

thanks for the reply but if the stickers are produced equally and the packs are genuinely randomized it should never happen. I found 59 'new' stickers out of that box of 250, so I'm standing at 229 and 171 short after two boxes. For me the chase is the thing so I wouldn't buy the complete sets off ebay. I'm on Last Sticker already and trying to complete the Tour de France as well, I got the second box of copa because it doesn't look like PaniniUK will be offering the missing stickers for it. You know this has kind of sickened me and I can't see myself returning long term, I remember the glory days of swapping them in school back in 78-81 and to see it reduced to a money making scheme depresses me.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Hi Rob,

thanks for the reply but if the stickers are produced equally and the packs are genuinely randomized it should never happen. I found 59 'new' stickers out of that box of 250, so I'm standing at 229 and 171 short after two boxes. For me the chase is the thing so I wouldn't buy the complete sets off ebay. I'm on Last Sticker already and trying to complete the Tour de France as well, I got the second box of copa because it doesn't look like PaniniUK will be offering the missing stickers for it. You know this has kind of sickened me and I can't see myself returning long term, I remember the glory days of swapping them in school back in 78-81 and to see it reduced to a money making scheme depresses me.
The stickers are not produced equally (in 99% of the cases) and packs are not genuinely randomized, every automated process involves patterns, to speed up production.

When you swapped back in school, it was basically the same, probably you didn't notice at the time because kids don't really care to realize patterns or just not buying full boxes but instead a few packets given by the parents.

Rob is right though, you did have bad luck it seems. Not only because boxes usually don't have many doubles, but also getting the second box very similar to first one. It's a big problem found in every publisher relying on their sorting machines.

Whenever Panini sells sealed boxes or packets on their websites, they always let buyers order the missing stickers, at most some weeks later. Copa America 2019 shouldn't be exception.

martinw

I mentioned previously how cheesed off I was with my two boxes of copa 2019, well after complaining to PaniniUK they were able to make it up to me, so a big well done to the guys in TN4.

redwhite

The twin brothers "ROMERO" from Paraguay.
View attachment 12430
I would like to know if there were ever two twin brothers on the same national team on an album.
Does anyone know if this happened before in an album ???
yes, many examples of twin brothers presented in the same album.

ITALIA 90: Hossam Hassan & Ibrahim Hassan (Egypte)

BRASIL 14: Aleksei & Vasili Berezutski (Russia)

there are probably more: Martin and Marcus Olsson (Sweden), ... but enough off topic ;)

Jimmy1975

Anyone knows if its possible to buy Copa America album and boxes in Europe?
At the Swedish Panini-site it is only possible to buy single stickers :(

If I order boxes at eBay from USA or Sout America the shipment is to high.

Maybe there is a site like collect-it.de that sells album and boxes?

Thanks
Jimmy

CSKA Sofia Forever

Does anyone know if there is going to be an update set? MVP Dani Alves and top goalscorer Everton are a must! A prima vista I can also think of Alex Sandro, Juan Foyth, Angel di Maria, Rodrigo de Paul, Duvan Zapata, Oscar Cardozo, and Eduardo Vargas.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Anyone knows if its possible to buy Copa America album and boxes in Europe?
At the Swedish Panini-site it is only possible to buy single stickers :(

If I order boxes at eBay from USA or Sout America the shipment is to high.

Maybe there is a site like collect-it.de that sells album and boxes?

Thanks
Jimmy
Yes, it WAS possible to buy from Panini, it's sold out now (at least seeing in Panini website).

in Europe, it was almost an exclusive from Panini online websites, unless some seller have imported (which I don't know any).

Does anyone know if there is going to be an update set? MVP Dani Alves and top goalscorer Everton are a must! A prima vista I can also think of Alex Sandro, Juan Foyth, Angel di Maria, Rodrigo de Paul, Duvan Zapata, Oscar Cardozo, and Eduardo Vargas.
Not likely. When some set has updates, it's still released during the competition, not after.

What Panini might do is creating a special champion set for Brasil.

gaspy

Well, this is the second collection, as it happened recently with Tour de France, where albums are unexpectdely sold out.
Do you friends have an opinion in regard to this inconvenient?