CardzReview blog ideas, suggestions, etc

DetroitStickers

I have seen from another blog that if you use ebay's add and forum members buy items using the link from our website , then it will give good results .

The other forum administrator was saying that he was able to cover the hosting for a few months with that and if it goes well then it will help in the long term .

This is a good idea, as long as I'm buying crap on eBay all the time, I'd want it to benefit the site!

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
We have besides Google Ads, eBay ads on main site, but I am not quite sure if ti can work on a forum.
As I said, at this point thinking about monetarization rather than content here, would be a waste of time. Monetarization of site make sense with thousands of daily visits only.
However I apprecaite your guys ideas @raj3sh @DetroitStickers. Feel free to post here as many ideas as you have, its always welcome and will help me and other guys improve the site.

raj3sh

We have besides Google Ads, eBay ads on main site, but I am not quite sure if ti can work on a forum.
As I said, at this point thinking about monetarization rather than content here, would be a waste of time. Monetarization of site make sense with thousands of daily visits only.
However I apprecaite your guys ideas @raj3sh @DetroitStickers. Feel free to post here as many ideas as you have, its always welcome and will help me and other guys improve the site.
i found this idea from a forum only ( Not sure if i can paste that link here ) . Sure will look more into ideas which can improve the site .

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
In any case, I've setup now my adblock (had to use for the gazillions of ads appearing when I want to watch a football match by stream) to have exclusions in here and also in some youtube channels.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Our member @stickersCat contacted me with interesting idea of having a separate page on the site with links to eBooks and pdf guides some of members created. I think its very nice idea , and should be doable provided that I have PDF guide, I can host it on the site, and create a easy to navigate page with all books shown.
What do you guys think about it? Any more ideas on how to improve site/forum? Come on, don't be lazy:p

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Our member @stickersCat contacted me with interesting idea of having a separate page on the site with links to eBooks and pdf guides some of members created. I think its very nice idea , and should be doable provided that I have PDF guide, I can host it on the site, and create a easy to navigate page with all books shown.
What do you guys think about it? Any more ideas on how to improve site/forum? Come on, don't be lazy:p
You mean a repository? That would be very nice.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@dantzig Exactly, something like a single index page with a download button and featured image for each ebook. Other idea is to send eBook directly to email via newsletter when members sign up to it. I hope @stickersCat and @marinerpete as well as @Makhno can send me eBooks once finished, so that I can add them to the page.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@dantzig Exactly, something like a single index page with a download button and featured image for each ebook. Other idea is to send eBook directly to email via newsletter when members sign up to it. I hope @stickersCat and @marinerpete as well as @Makhno can send me eBooks once finished, so that I can add them to the page.
If they're eBooks are half as nice as they seem here in forum, it's going to be one of the most searched pages in all website :)

stickersCat

Patron
I am already for to start to generate some ebooks!:eek:
I only need cooperation to get all information and ideas about what can be generate ebooks (list, best stickers...)

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
So me and @stickersCat are now working on making eBooks happen, I will deal with technical stuff, such as creating an index page and making sure ebooks can be read on e-readers and other devices, where as Toni will try to collect as much data as possible and make the ebooks possible. If anyone wants to help Toni, it would be great. I should clarify that eBooks he and few other guys made are about Panini World Cup and Euro Cup albums and variations around the world. If anyone else wants to write a brief eBook (few pages nothing big) about anything hobby related, just let me know. Some of the blog posts can also be converted as a short eBook.

All books will be free to download of course.

Also, our blog seams so quiet lately, so if anyone wants to write a blog post and join our contributors team, that would be highly appreciated.

Manfred

I would like to have a member list by country. For instance, there will be (or already has been) issued a Panini album in Cyprus. It would be handy to find a Cypriotic member (if there is) to ask about it.

Dieter

Would be a good idea. I still have those PDF guides for the WC's you've created (i think '14 '10 '06 '02 '98 where the ones available).
I've put them inside my collection as the first pages. It's a good general guide and i kinda use them as 'checklist'.
It's always the hardest thing to find out what there exists, so they're very helpfull. A seperate link would be great for people to check them and comment so we can keep them up-to-date.
I see it as an encyclopedia for each album. Creating a complete list/e-book of what there exists from different stickers/albums/updates/packet/... would be like a dream.
We could start with WC and later see what else ;)

Or else i'm talking about something different then you guys LOL

DetroitStickers

Pavle, I've been buried in studying for exams, but should be all done in 6 weeks. After that, I'd be happy to get more involved in writing for the blog.

I will make a point to get any US collections early moving forward so I can comment on them. I also have a huge mess of match attax bundesliga stuff incoming, and would be happy to write about that collection.

We should get more of the national league collections on the blog as well. There aren't great, comprehensive threads anywhere else on the web that cover things like this place.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
@DetroitStickers That would be great. I agree that more content has to be put on blog, but currently we lack on inspired contributors, so any help is highly appreciated.

Rich

Would be a good idea. I still have those PDF guides for the WC's you've created (i think '14 '10 '06 '02 '98 where the ones available).
I've put them inside my collection as the first pages. It's a good general guide and i kinda use them as 'checklist'.
It's always the hardest thing to find out what there exists, so they're very helpfull. A seperate link would be great for people to check them and comment so we can keep them up-to-date.
I see it as an encyclopedia for each album. Creating a complete list/e-book of what there exists from different stickers/albums/updates/packet/... would be like a dream.
We could start with WC and later see what else ;)

Or else i'm talking about something different then you guys LOL
------------------

Do you still have those PDFs regarding the world cup sets? I was just commenting on another string here inquiring about different editions of Olympic issues. There are different DISTRIBUTOR editions as well as different PRINTER editions for the issues in some cases.

Dieter

I should search, but i don't think i still have them. I only have them printed out.
@Pavle you still have them?
A complete e-Book with everything there is to find about all WC sets would be a dream, any volunteers to create one? LOL