Calciatori Panini Album 2014/15

Caniggia

Contributor
Dear @Makhno i'm not so old :) this picture I think is from 1966 (i recognize the cover of album). I don't know from where they've taken this picture but should be almost for sure Modena. The child on the left with the placard, there is written "W la squadra del G.S. Panini" (a kind "Let's go G.S. Panini team"). Is the volley team from Modena, sponsorized by Panini brothers for many years. Also the sport palace in Modena has their name: "PALAPANINI"

i've found imagine of a ticket

panini modena.JPG

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
Great picture and very interesting story ! We could maybe open a section with this kind of document that should please to many of us.

Caniggia

Contributor
Maybe a separate topic could be a kind of "stickers story and experiences" where about me i could put in one side report from Panin Tour and Comics Expo and in other side info about story or similars.

Probably I'll add also another pic tomorrow that could be awesome for severals .. i don't know where so I put again on this topic than Pavle feel free to move

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
Yes, it would be great to have a topic where we could talk and share about history of stickers and cards.

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You guys can feel free to open any topic that you would like on this. Me or @dantzig will move these posts to that topic.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor

Caniggia

Contributor
VERONA 30th anniversary mighty Serie A won in 1985. The box set includes album 24 pages + 80 big size stickers. The album is sold since 30th april only in area of Verona

Banner-confanetto-gialloblu-superstar-750.jpg

DetroitStickers

So I just got my album in the mail today. This is my first Calciatori album ever. And holy shit. It is beautiful. Like I'm beyond impressed. I think panini might get me more interested in Serie A just because of this album.

I will likely be reaching out to Caniggia soon for help on completing my album.

I posted this in my collection forum, but this is what arrived today:

image.jpg

Caniggia

Contributor
@DetroitStickers nice pic! :) if you read pages of this topic you find also good infos about Calciatori 2014/15. I don't know if you collect also different packets but this year we have 4 different, album are also 4 little different in the border (yellow, red, white, black). Then to complete the album you need update stickers (or maybe they've sent to you already) and the 2 special packets "Film del Campionato", second one is not out yet. Thanks to be part of Calciatori fans! ;) If I can help you I'll do

Last edited:

Caniggia

Contributor
A new discover: there was for sure a bad distribution of stickers, so many collectors are missing the same! These are the sticker about trainer, team and "in action" (we have one sticker "in action" for each club of Serie A) and stickers about young Italia (last 2 pages of album). I have a good number of double but I've checked with 4 different collectors, and I had nothing for them and in the same time, more or less, they miss same! Is not a disaster because at Panini Modena they have ALL numbers available, but anyway could be interesting in future years when stickers will be sold out...

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
A new discover: there was for sure a bad distribution of stickers, so many collectors are missing the same! These are the sticker about trainer, team and "in action" (we have one sticker "in action" for each club of Serie A) and stickers about young Italia (last 2 pages of album). I have a good number of double but I've checked with 4 different collectors, and I had nothing for them and in the same time, more or less, they miss same! Is not a disaster because at Panini Modena they have ALL numbers available, but anyway could be interesting in future years when stickers will be sold out...
That discover is gold to me, as I'm always interested in those ratios... So, can you tell me how much from these stickers:
  • Shinies
  • Trainer & Team (I suppose there's also for Serie B)
  • In Action (20?)
  • Young Italia
  • Total Collection (only the first print, no updates).
Also sticker size (width & height in cm).

Caniggia

Contributor
Welcome back Bologna! After a thrilling game against Pescara, Bologna is back to Serie A after just one year. So again the club of my city will have standard size stickers! :)

BOLOGNA.jpg

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
Can you explain how these Serie A playoffs work ? Bologna made 0-0 in Pescara and 1-1 at home but won the round. So I understand the "away goal" rule is not applied here. How does it work ?

Caniggia

Contributor
@Makhno playoffs has different rules, in case of equality the victory goes to the club arrived better in the Serie B ranking. So Bologna was fourth, Pescara 7th or 8th. The "away goal" is not applied, was same on semifinal against Avellino where Bologna won 0-1 and lost 2-3 at home. I think is a good rule to save the aim of regular season. Anyway Bologna was really really lucky, being so close to loose games againts Avellino (close to 2-4) and Pescara (close to 1-2) after 90°! Thanks to crossbar, the same crossbar in same point for both matches!!

Santa Traversa da Bologna (Saint Crossbar from Bologna) :)
santa traversa.jpg

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Confusing playoffs rules (not only this rule that led Bologna to Serie A), but probably much more fair than the english playoffs... The away goals advantage can be discussed the other way around, like why not the team that scores more at home? If a home team concedes goals, why can't I say "but the away team scored less at their home too"... Still, I would probably agree more with a tie being "untied" with away goals than home goals.

Anyway, rules were already made before the playoff began, so Pescara knew they had to score more than Bologna in the sum of both matches... And like Caniggia said, Bologna had luck on their side... I'm not religious, but in these occasions, it seems too much luck.

Btw, that saint over there has saw too much of Captain Tsubasa :rolleyes: