Calciatori Panini Album 2014/15

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
From my experience, I'm used to have these pessimistic thoughts about Panini (believe me, I could go through an entire day just sharing stories about bad stuff from Panini)... So in this case, when they say they might release something somewhere, probably it's not gonna happen... Therefore, I honestly think that Copa America will not be released in Europe... If it was the other way around (Euro Cup being released in South America), then my opinion would also be on the contrary.

Anyway... When do these Caniggia's posts will be on the main site? They deserve to be there, don't they?

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Anyway... When do these Caniggia's posts will be on the main site? They deserve to be there, don't they?
Its impossible to simply copy/paste post from one part of the site to another. I agree Caniggia has awesome stuff, but in order for post to appear on site, user must :
  • Submit it there
  • Be an author/writer/contributor of the site
So if Canigga would like to share similar stories on site, it would be great. He can contact me to give him special access to back-end. You know the drill @dantzig :)

Posts on site get more exposure and are a bit better organized, so whenever someone has a story to share that can be interesting article, just let me know, and I will give you guys everything you need.

However, if people prefer to post on forums instead of the main site, I cant push anyone :)

Now the reason I can not just copy/paste posts from forum to site entirely is Google. If I do that they will in near future probably give us a duplicate content penalty, which means if you type anything related to our site in Google, it wont appear there because we will be temporally or permanently deleted from the search engine. Its a bit of technical stuff, but I hope you guys understand why it cant be simple copy/paste things.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Thanks for explaining the situation, Pavle... It's just that Caniggia has shared a lot of his knowledge and these particular reports would interest many readers (those who don't come to the foruns)... But of course, I'll also not push anything and I'm still glad to know these events have happened and told by someone who's been there.

Caniggia

Contributor
I like to post my reports but anyway I think are enough in the forum. The main site is marvellous one but I see the quality of article written by Pavle and others and my reports are just for funny. I have just one question, for the moment i'm posting some reports about collection Calciatori 2014/2015 and I know where to go in the forum, but in april/may i'm going to do during some comics expo i'll take part (are comics expo but there is also a lot of material about sticker albums) ... the aim is showing you this particular event that are really good if you're searching album or stickers. Even prices are often higher than ebay... And make some pics of album and stickers people use to search.. is not Calciatori, is everything, so maybe could be interesting to create something about like "expo, happening, swap tour, etc". I don't think I'm the only one and Italy the only place where are this kind of happenings, not? :)

Caniggia

Contributor
For this year Panini did some changes about update stickers. I'll uploade pics of complete album in the showcase in june when last special packet will be out. First of all for first time update are not for free, until last year ordering your missing ones you got update for free. Now package cost 7,90. The other big different are the stickers, not 6 places more for every team but something really different.

aggiornamenti 2014 15 copertina.jpg

In singolar pages of every team you have only small stickers (not same number for every team)

mini aggiornamenti 2014 15.jpg

In center of album there are 4 pages of "CALCIO MERCATO" (name given by a very good tv program on Sky Tv) where there are standard size stickers only for main important update/new players

aggiornamenti 2014 15.jpg

in the back cover of update package there is list of players transfered and you have stickers to put on ("trasferito" for players, "sostituito" for trainers)

aggiornamenti 2014 15 retrocopertina.jpg

Attachments

The collection of Calciatori stickers its the Bible of all collections.
I lived in Italy for study reasons from 1985 to 1993. and i collected various albums. 15 months ago i started again to collect football stickers from various leagues and club histories (HSV 125 years, Dortmund echte liebe). Few months ago i bought 23 calciatori reprints albums (edizioni Gazzetta dello sport 2012).

Caniggia

Contributor
As promised, photo report from comics expo I'm taking part in Bologna this weekend. Not only comics and action figures but many many albums and stickers!

There are more than 100 sellers, at least 30 are about stickers. As usual in Italy, collectors are much interested about Calciatori and Serie A albums. Market about World Cup, Euro Cup etc is smaller. And people are not much interested like we are about different editions from around the world, anyway you could find many albums (complete, empty + stickers, not complete, empty) and tons of stickers also about international albums

One interesting thing, NO ONE has Mexico70 to sell. It's maybe first time I don't see any (complete or not)... so the album started to be really hard to find also here in Italy.

Here some pics of expo hoping you enjoy, if you have questions I'm here ;)

DSC02204.JPG

DSC02209.JPG

DSC02211.JPG

DSC02215.JPG

DSC02221.JPG

DSC02199.JPG

DSC02200.JPG

DSC02201.JPG

DSC02202.JPG

DSC02205.JPG

DSC02206.JPG

DSC02207.JPG

DSC02208.JPG

DSC02212.JPG

DSC02214.JPG

DSC02216.JPG

DSC02217.JPG

the other 2 pics are as usual for funny:

1) the personal way of someone to update Italia 90 stickers :)
DSC02203.JPG

selling is not my first aim, but is a way to got money to buy other albums for my collection.. anyway I'm at the beginning as you can see ... :)
DSC02220.JPG

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Wow! This made my mouth water. I think you showed us how paradise looks like. Thanks a lot for nice photos
@Caniggia. Absolutely epic. I have never ever seen such an event.

Caniggia

Contributor
Great pictures, Caniggia! Awesome!

Did you bought or sold anything?
For the moment I've bought some postcards of Pelè and Haller (german player of Bologna, in the '60s) and two albums .. About selling nothing at the moment but good contacts for future ;)

Last edited:

ilias

@Caniggia thanks for sharing the pictures. If I'm not mistaken it looks like a mixture of cards and stickers in sellers 9-pocket pages?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
That looks like heaven indeed... Or as Danju wrote, to us it seems like a utopia... I had to restrain myself for not shaking my laptop and complaining why I'm not italian at these times.

I'm not really interested in all those Calcio vintage albums (though I know they're fantastic), but some pictures had a lot of vintage WC and Euro stickers... One caught my attention because it were Italia 90 sheets and below, a belgian update from WC 2014... And the professionalism to protect the albums? Top notch :)

Just one thing that made me grinding my teeth... How come someone there still group stickers with rubber bands? C'mon :\

@Caniggia I think you need to stop doing us this... It's like showing delicious cakes to a diabetic :(

Makhno

Staff member
Contributor
Patron
Fantastic as usual @Caniggia !! You already said that the prices there were not so interesting but can you give some examples ?
How much for a complete Munich 74 ?
How much for a Guerin Sportivo Iran extra sheet ?

Thanks again pal !

Caniggia

Contributor
I didn't ask prices because I was suprised to not find any Mexico70. Guerino Sportivo Iran extra sheet ... It depends if are originals, without the magazine there are also fake copies ... anyway in other editions Munich74 was sold around 200 euros (complete) and Iran extra sheet from 10 to 25.

I'm going to contact one of bigger seller in Italy for Panini albums, is not for business but to check prices for my missing ones. I'll ask also about Panini euro and world cup albums until 2000

stickersCat

Patron
Waw men! That's true. This is our paradaise! Thank you for to share your experience. This "crazy" market is one time a year or many times. I think we are saving money for to visit that place. I think is much better to visit this market than Panini factory!!! Can you tell us if exist any possibility to swap albums or stickers or only they sell?

Caniggia

Contributor
@stickersCat in Bologna is in april and october, but there are severals even Bologna is one of the best. If I'm not alone I'll do another report in may at Reggio Emilia, this happen in may and december. Then we have Milano, Modena, Torino, etc... I don't know exactly about south Italy, but for sure in Rome there is something similar.

If you come with your album or stickers you can try to swap. About stickers change is 1 x 2 (depends, is not a rule) and there is chance also to change albums. Mainly by sellers.