Anyone try to rate MLS players for Match Attax?

OrangeAfroMan

Getting some Match Attax cards for soccer fiend nephew, but he's more into MLS players.
Has anyone attempted or have suggestions on rating attack/defense for MLS players? Even just the bigger names would be helpful.

joanra16

Hi!
Last season I decided to do my own collection including players from different leagues around the world, and I had these players from the MLS. I am including the common "Match Attax" ratings (value, attack, defense and "Power Play", in this order) in the list:

Josef Martínez 1,5M - 83 - 55 - 79
Xherdan Shaqiri 6,5M - 84 - 61 - 81
Douglas Costa 2M - 83 - 55 - 80
Héctor Herrera 2,5M - 79 - 79 - 81
Giorgio Chiellini 2M - 58 - 92 - 84
Gareth Bale 2M - 87 - 66 - 83
Federico Bernardeschi 2M -79 - 69 - 81
Lorenzo Insigne 7M - 85 - 54 - 86

I prepared these at the beginning of the last season (before the 2022 World Cup), so they outdated. Values might not look high, but they are compared to players from a lot of leagues. I haven't done them for this season because it implies a lot of work and I don't have much time, so this is all I have.
I will not upload any picture of the cards because they are for personal use and include several unrelated values, so I can use them for different board games I play with friends and they look a bit "loaded".
I hope it helps.

OrangeAfroMan

That's great!
I'm willing to do ratings myself, but could I ask how you determined their ratings? Was it stats-based, or more based on knowledge of their play?

joanra16

It was all based on stats, and adjusted as per my feelings on a player. Of course I didn't know them all, but one example I can recall is that Vini Jr's value for Power Play (which I used as a sort of "overall" value) was lower than Bale's, so I had to fix it.
I used different databases (and videogames as well) as a reference to have a system that worked for me so that the values could fit in different gameplays, so it might not work only for the Match Attax type. To start with, you could use different attributes from a Football Manager database to build both attack and defense.

PS: Maybe this should be moved into the General section instead of being in the Match Attax one, I find it a bit of an off-topic here ;)

OrangeAfroMan

Thanks.
I'm buying Match Attax and wanting to splice in maybe the top 10 forwards, midfielders, and defenders from MLS. I'm probably going overboard, but it's for a kid who has to spend 5 straight days in a hospital room. Maybe playing this will expand his knowledge and fandom.

The video game ratings idea is great, thank you.

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Maybe this should be moved into the General section instead of being in the Match Attax one, I find it a bit of an off-topic here ;)
Thread moved.

Interesting topic btw :)

Thanks.
I'm buying Match Attax and wanting to splice in maybe the top 10 forwards, midfielders, and defenders from MLS. I'm probably going overboard, but it's for a kid who has to spend 5 straight days in a hospital room. Maybe playing this will expand his knowledge and fandom.

The video game ratings idea is great, thank you.
You'll never be overboard to make a kid happy during those hospital days. Hope he'll recover fast and be another MA fan :)

joanra16

I couldn't agree more, any distraction is more than welcome in that situation, and this will definitely help.
I wish him a speedy recovery

joanra16

This is a test I made by using part of my previous design and simplifying it, and the values are done from scratch. It might remind of the "Graphic design is my passion" meme, but I think it meets the needs.
Also, maybe you can ask the kid to make a shortlist of his favourite MLS players (not only the top ones). It can help distracting him for a while and it will be a reference for you in case you have doubts of the players you want to include.

Attachments