“Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing.” - sticker crimes

Helios

Contributor
Balotelli - the Kid- for sure does ;-)

I once saw a guy sticking all Holland players upside down in a world cup album due to the Germany - Dutch rivalry..

Sadly I have no picture cause this was before everybody havin a Mobil phone with camera..

Last edited:

Pavle

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I once saw a guy sticking all Holland players upside down in a world cup album due to the Germany - Dutch rivalry..
Actually, back in 2010, there was an agreement among larger group of collectors to stick Henry uspide down, due to his hand goal in qualifications.
Couldn't find that image, but here is one of Croatian team sticked by apparently Serbian collector...
Fudbalska-reprezentacija-Hrvatske-Panini-album.jpg

Ceesmk

I saw ancient albums of the English League where the stickers of the last pages (and only the last pages) were missing; the last stickers were actually for the Scottish League (from 1978 to 1991, the both leagues were in the same album) and some English guys didn't want to stick the stickers of the Scottish League because it was a "shity" league. I have seen twice some albums on ebay.

Sergio Z

Contributor
Here we've got a (nonsense) historic rivalry with Chile, but I have never seen anyone glue Chile stickers like that in Lima. :p

I have too many Chilean friends and they're such awesome people.

For future colections, people will start gluing Ruidíaz stickers upside down. :p

Last edited:

Ceesmk

So he did some bullshit with 1 or 2 Swiss packs, and after that he hopes to make money with it:mad:. Everybody has to read cardzreview to know the truth:D

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
More than people selling albums like those, I'm more disgusted with buyers who actually buy it... We live in a world with lack of information in so many aspects, but this specific case is quite easy to find out... "Oh, a special Euro 2016 album? Why? A couple of different stickers? Why is that? Let me check out those stickers... *google some seconds* ..... I see, it's from a swiss version".

If anyone buys that album, I say he/she doesn't deserve to be a collector and completely deserves to be ripped off... Not a fan of people who doesn't even do a bit to check out simple information and prefer to just ask or follow everything... That is extreme laziness and without self-respect.

Ceesmk

I visit some French forums of Panini fans, and lots of people don't know that there is a special version for Switzerland, especially the parents who are collecting stickers only for their children; moreover, they can't speak nor read english. So they could buy this album as an impressive gift for the child because the seller is just a cheater.

Helios

Contributor
I do not think he wants to cheat, he is just a fool.
Kids I talked to were surprised when I told them you must not stick Swiss version stickers in their German albums.
Last time my colleague's son was really frustrated when he noticed that the Swiss version stickers he bought on holidays had different colored frames.
So Panini is causing this trouble with their different versions..

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I visit some French forums of Panini fans, and lots of people don't know that there is a special version for Switzerland, especially the parents who are collecting stickers only for their children; moreover, they can't speak nor read english. So they could buy this album as an impressive gift for the child because the seller is just a cheater.
It's not really about people not knowing, they're not obliged to know everything, it's more of people don't WANT to know... Ok, it might not be that simple to find out about swiss version, but any human being has a brain, so use it at least to think "ok, something's wrong, you can't get those stickers in regular packets... Is it a fake? A different version from somewhere? It's better not to buy, I don't know the source for this"... But maybe I'm just too optimistic about mankind.

I do not think he wants to cheat, he is just a fool.
Kids I talked to were surprised when I told them you must not stick Swiss version stickers in their German albums.
Last time my colleague's son was really frustrated when he noticed that the Swiss version stickers he bought on holidays had different colored frames.
So Panini is causing this trouble with their different versions..
Yeah, most people don't want to cheat, it's exactly like I wrote in the beginning of this post: they don't want to know more, just think right away they had lucky with some Panini mistake.

Sergio Z

Contributor
Now that we're talking about gluing swiss stickers in a regular hardcover version, I've got a question:
What would you think is someone glues Brazilian stickers in a Mexican/Italian hardcover album?

dantzig

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Now that we're talking about gluing swiss stickers in a regular hardcover version, I've got a question:
What would you think is someone glues Brazilian stickers in a Mexican/Italian hardcover album?
I have only issues when mixing versions with clear differences, like international vs swiss.

Ceesmk

I took this photo on the street in Leipzig (Pragerstrasse) before the beginning of the Euro; Zlatan is really the king of nothing during the Euro, but just a forgotten old paper.

Attachments